First Time Grower - Advice Welcome

Re: First time grower might need some help

UPDATE: goodmorning everyone hope all growing is well and healthy for everyone me im doing awesome shes doing great growing in normal soil with nothing in it but MG slow release plant food 19-6-12 at 1/4 strength her leaves are showing there real green colour now and im seeing little branches i think coming in where me leaves connect to the stem but here are some pics of her this morning
week_2_day_6_side.jpg
weed_2_day_6.jpg

UPDATE: well i guess its time for another update its big a bit lol new growth is coming in shes getting branches :D growing vary fast today i switched the cycle to 18/6 after being on 20/4 pretty much her life lol so yea and ses getting bigger her stem has gotten vary strong and im all and all happy that ses growing :) any comments or suggestions.?.

weed_week3_day2_new_growth.jpg

weed_week3_day2_close_up.jpg

weed_week3_day2_high_up.jpg

weed_week3_day2_hight.jpg

anything that could help me let me know cuz im going to try keeping her in this solo cup her hole life :D thanks in advance
and stay high my friends

cuz i heard you can and i seen some pretty good looking plants that where in solo cups all there lives so thought id give it a try

i am not keeping her in for 5 months lol im putting her into flowering in 13 days because im on a time limit so i dont got time i got till sep 1st to have her flowerd and harvested

i would not keep a cannabis plant in a beer cup longer then what it needed for root growth. a plants size is determined by its root mass and growth potential are tied together. shortly your plant will become root bound and stunt its own growth. you can check your plants roots by supporting its stem between your fingers in one hand while you invert the cup in your other hand and gently tapping the cup. this will release the cup and allow you to examine the roots and determine if it is ready to be transplanted.

A plant can easily do 5 liters of root a month!, If you are aiming for 5 to 10 grams, maybe is ok, but she might stress quite a lot, and develop some male flowers. I would suggest getting a slightly bigger pot, you can use many things, even a strong bag!
Remember, the bigger the root, the bigger the fruit.

In any case, hope it all goes smoothly.

thank you both for your comments help me alot im going to actually go friday and get new mg organic soul with peat moss if thats bad let me know its just cheap and i need cheap cuz i dont have alot of money and i dont really want to put alot in my first grow :) please let me know :)

When you buy soil, check if it has any added ferts, and how much if it does!, so you dont add extra and burn them. You can get BioBizz light mix as well!, quite cheap and perfect for it.
Im sure Miracle Grow will do, Ive heard good and bad reviews about it, so as long as you dont over do it with the ferts and water, im sure it will be fine!

When you buy soil, check if it has any added ferts, and how much if it does!, so you dont add extra and burn them. You can get BioBizz light mix as well!, quite cheap and perfect for it.
Im sure Miracle Grow will do, Ive heard good and bad reviews about it, so as long as you dont over do it with the ferts and water, im sure it will be fine!

alright i will deff let everyone know what i get and what ratio it has for fertz thanks again

hello guys just sending you an update at 3am lol she's doing great got new lights on ger proper 6500k light spactum for veg and I got 2 2700k for flowering heressome pics of her and my new soil

FB_IMG_13725308387987024.jpg
20130629_110830.jpg
1372560926138.jpg
1372482778297.jpg
20130629_110802.jpg
20130629_203903.jpg
FB_IMG_13725308387987024.jpg
20130629_110747.jpg
20130629_110837.jpg

Well I dont care how much I get I would love a gram off her lol so could I do it il like a week would she produce smokable budz?

If all you want its a gram, might be cheaper to buy it lol XD! I would try to find a slightly bigger pot, about 10 liters, or if its too much at least 5, get enough soil, or coco! really cheap, and stuff works great, let her veg (After seedling stage is over, which means about 2 weeks at least) for about 3 to 4 more weeks, so give it 4 to 5 weeks of veg, and then, you can feed her with some flower/bloom nuts, to get better yield! the flowering time will be the same if you let it veg more or not, but every week that baby vegetates, will surelly provide you with at least few grams more every week. Ive calculated about an ounce per vegetacion week. (depends of course on lights, nutrientes).
Give her some love and patience, and im sure you will be much happier about it. Remember, any plant cant produce amazing yields! its about the time we put into it.
Cheers bro, girl is looking pretty. keep it up!.

:Namaste::peace:

Back
Top Bottom