1st Time Grower

E0325

Hello everyone

this is my first grow journal and my first ever grow. Any advice, comments, criticisms, or questions is always welcomed.

tent - mars hydro 27”x27”x63”
Light - viparspectra xs1500
Ac infinity exhaust fan
A couple of clip on fans and a small heater
Current temp is around 72 and the RH is at about %50

I’m growing a single plant of gelato from 420, I have gone the organic living soil route. My plants growing In a 20 gallon grassroots pot. I started with 2 cubic feet of build a soil 3.0 and some mycrorizen. I started this grow in mid October and 12-15-2021 was the first day of flower. The only nutrients I have given is a compost top dressing about a week ago.

So far I have only run into a couple of issues. The first was I had my light to low on the seedling and cause the stalk to “J”. The second was an infestation of springtails which aren’t really bad.

2AAE7253-D18B-400E-9AE8-A3D453FACC7D.jpeg

heya friend,, beautiful plant,, indeed,, well done,,

springtails,, ya,, i have had the pleasure as well,, folks say they are the one ok pest to have but i never liked seeing them wiggle in my run off water,, you say you 'had' them,, does that mean that you no longer do?

pretty tight spaces in that tent there,, is that a heater down there? just curious as i bet you are as well as i am always concerned about how close i can put my heaters to stuff in my small spaces,,

karma sent to the flowering one there friend,,

curious,, how high is your light from the canopy?

Thanks for the replies

Yes that’s a heater, it’s a small tent at the most the heater comes on for 1-2 minutes and then shuts off. I’ve monitored it closely over the past couple of months and the pot or tent doesn’t get hot.

The light is currently about 27” above the plant. I set the screen height so that if the plant doubled in length during flower I would still have 12-13” from the top of the plant to the light.

The spring tails are still there, I only really see them when I water. After I water they get angry come out jump around for a while and then go back in the soil. From everything I read they feed on decomposing plant material and under my top dress compost there is a mulch layer, I’m assuming that’s where they live.

Hello everyone

this is my first grow journal and my first ever grow. Any advice, comments, criticisms, or questions is always welcomed.

tent - mars hydro 27”x27”x63”
Light - viparspectra xs1500
Ac infinity exhaust fan
A couple of clip on fans and a small heater
Current temp is around 72 and the RH is at about %50

I’m growing a single plant of gelato from 420, I have gone the organic living soil route. My plants growing In a 20 gallon grassroots pot. I started with 2 cubic feet of build a soil 3.0 and some mycrorizen. I started this grow in mid October and 12-15-2021 was the first day of flower. The only nutrients I have given is a compost top dressing about a week ago.

So far I have only run into a couple of issues. The first was I had my light to low on the seedling and cause the stalk to “J”. The second was an infestation of springtails which aren’t really bad.

2AAE7253-D18B-400E-9AE8-A3D453FACC7D.jpeg
She is beautiful.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend.
:popcorn:

Stay safe.
Bill
BTW got a smoke detector in there?

damn that be a big pot,, gonna make big pot for sure,,

i would suggest lowering the light about ten inches or so, but a minor adjustment

i hear ya about the heater,, but always a concern,, least is for me in my tent. personally, i might find something to put between the heater and the fabric,, something non combustible

for your first kick at it you have scored an extra point so far,, next test will be the field goal, for the win,,ha

karma sent friend,, great job

She looks beautiful. Try to keep the tops as even as possible, even if that means tucking them a spot further under the net. This may be a good time to try supercropping as well.
Happy Growing.

Looking good.
I applaud you for actually using the right size pot for a LOS grow.
The Springtails are no problem they'll just help break down amendments.
Two things I would suggest is put some Rove Beetles in the soil and get about 2-3" of a mulch layer on top like barley straw.
One or two doses of Buildabloom is good at the beginning of flower along with an inoculation of Biophos to get the phosphorus available.

Other than that looks great as pretty much all properly done LOS grows do.

Looking good.
I applaud you for actually using the right size pot for a LOS grow.
The Springtails are no problem they'll just help break down amendments.
Two things I would suggest is put some Rove Beetles in the soil and get about 2-3" of a mulch layer on top like barley straw.
One or two doses of Buildabloom is good at the beginning of flower along with an inoculation of Biophos to get the phosphorus available.

Other than that looks great as pretty much all properly done LOS grows do.
Thanks for the reply. I had the cover crop and barley straw layer all through veg. About a week before the flip to flower I chopped the cover crop added ground up narley barley, craft blend and then a layer of build a bloom.

I still thinking on how to raise the pot, I’m think of using some 2x2 to get off the ground

Thanks for the reply. I had the cover crop and barley straw layer all through veg. About a week before the flip to flower I chopped the cover crop added ground up narley barley, craft blend and then a layer of build a bloom.

I still thinking on how to raise the pot, I’m think of using some 2x2 to get off the ground
Sounds good, still nice to have the soil covered though.

Just Google "pot elevator" and basically the first 20 sites are all the same thing, a Gro Pro NX which works perfect and they're super cheap.

Back
Top Bottom