2015 Multi-Strain Outdoor Soil Grow & Prep

Hey there everybody, hope all is well with everyone. The weather here has still been terrible but I figure I started this journal to document things, good or bad so I might as well keep it up. Here we go!

UK1
image17544.jpg

Purple Dream
image17542.jpg
image17543.jpg

OG Skywalker Kush #1 - Popped 12/28
image17533.jpg
image17534.jpg

OG Skywalker Kush #2 - Popped 12/28
image17536.jpg
image17537.jpg

Such a pure indica, look at those leaves!
image17546.jpg

Last but not least, let me introduce you to "Babe's Plant". The story on this plant is, a while back, apparently my lady found a seed in some bud we were smoking and threw it in a glass of water she was finished with. The glass of water went unnoticed for about a week and when she was cleaning up noticed not only had it sprouted, but the round leaves and first set of true leaves had come. I figured, hell...why not throw it in some dirt! So it's also now in a 3g airport and has been actually since 12/18/2014. Sorry I kept it a secret from you all.
image17540.jpg

Hey there guys, I need a little advice. I've never grown indoors but desperate situations...well, you know the rest. Going on 3 weeks of rain, dark skies and freezing weather so I decided to turn my office closet into a veg space. Yesterday I did my research on building hanging lights, went to Home Depot, and began my project. These were the items purchased and used and the final outcome.
image17678.jpg
image17677.jpg

I currently have 7 26w, 1600 lumen Cool daylight CLF bulbs around and inches above the plants. I'm thinking I may want to construct one more hanging light with the y-splitter to add 2 more bulbs bringing me to a total of 9 bulbs. Do you guys thinks that's enough or should I add even more? Again, this is just a space to keep the plants in aggressive vegetation until they can go back into the greenhouse. LET ME KNOW SOMETHING GUYS!

Hey there everybody, got another quick question for you all...(wow, I seem to have a number of questions this week lol smh) but here it is. My OG Skywalker Kush #1 has 2, yes TWO secondary stems growing out of one side on the two lower node levels. I've done research and can't find anything about it. Is this a mutation or a deformity? They are about half as long as the corresponding node on the opposite side, but I figured that was because it required twice as much energy. Other than that they and the plant are perfectly healthy and it has been transplanted to a 5 gallon pot. I'm thinking when they get longer and the plant gets a little older I'll snip one of each set and clone them and send them straight to flower. What are your thoughts?
image17791.jpg
image17792.jpg

Good Evening everyone, time for the weekly update. A lot of nice growth in the last 8 days since my previous weekly update. Also, it's been nice enough the past 3-4 days to put them back in the green house during the day and they've missed that sunlight so much. Just keeping them under the lights at night to keep them in veg. I have however flushed all the plant 6 days ago, taken a few clones and set a few to force flower and what not but we'll get to that. Picture time!

Indica Dom - Outside 24/7 getting direct sunlight from 7:30 am - 6:00 pm naturally. Today was day 3 of full time greenhouse life we we should see sex in about 3-4 more days I'm hoping. Cross your fingers for a girl ladies and gents!
image17979.jpg
image17980.jpg

Purple Dream - Still in veg and doing wonderfully! I actually took two cloned from her yesterday. As soon as they root, I will veg them for a week and put them into flower so I can determine e the sex of the mother plant and have a little sample bud to smoke.
image17981.jpg
image17982.jpg

OG Skywalker Kush #1 - Wonderful growth over the last 8 days, she's looking great minus the weird double secondary stems on the two lower nodes. Also in the greenhouse for 24 hours for 2 days now. Too excited to see how these turn out so I set one into flower lol. Should have signs of sex in a few days
image17983.jpg
image17984.jpg

OG Skywalker Kush #2 - Looking great! Super healthy and all new leaves have 9 blades which we know for such a pure indica in awesome! I also took 2 clones from her yesterday which I will pray take root so they can veg for a week and go into flower to sex the mother.
image17985.jpg
image17986.jpg

Babes' UK Sativa Dom - This plant might actually be one of the more impressive! Just the way it's thrived since being transplanted, I'm actually quite excited to see what happens with this one.
image17987.jpg
image17988.jpg

Hey there guys, I need a little advice. I've never grown indoors but desperate situations...well, you know the rest. Going on 3 weeks of rain, dark skies and freezing weather so I decided to turn my office closet into a veg space. Yesterday I did my research on building hanging lights, went to Home Depot, and began my project. These were the items purchased and used and the final outcome.
image17678.jpg
image17677.jpg

I currently have 7 26w, 1600 lumen Cool daylight CLF bulbs around and inches above the plants. I'm thinking I may want to construct one more hanging light with the y-splitter to add 2 more bulbs bringing me to a total of 9 bulbs. Do you guys thinks that's enough or should I add even more? Again, this is just a space to keep the plants in aggressive vegetation until they can go back into the greenhouse. LET ME KNOW SOMETHING GUYS!

The Do It Yourself may have some ideas for a Compact Florescent Array.

Here are some links that may help you in setting up an indoor grow area

CFL Light Tutorial

The Basics Of Plant Lighting

What Reflective Materials Can I Use For My Grow Room?

Hey there everybody, got another quick question for you all...(wow, I seem to have a number of questions this week lol smh) but here it is. My OG Skywalker Kush #1 has 2, yes TWO secondary stems growing out of one side on the two lower node levels. I've done research and can't find anything about it. Is this a mutation or a deformity? They are about half as long as the corresponding node on the opposite side, but I figured that was because it required twice as much energy. Other than that they and the plant are perfectly healthy and it has been transplanted to a 5 gallon pot. I'm thinking when they get longer and the plant gets a little older I'll snip one of each set and clone them and send them straight to flower. What are your thoughts?
image17791.jpg
image17792.jpg

That is odd, taking some cuttings and rooting them as clones then flowering the clones would give you an idea whether your plant is a male or female cannabis plant.

image17678.jpg
image17677.jpg

At these levels, You are running 182 watts (7x26), and a new splitter (9x26) gets you to 234 watts. Thats a solid amount of veg power. You might want to give the plant a little light from the other end of the spectrum. It gets some while vegging naturally. Your cool lights are most likely in the 6000 range, maybe add some warmer 2700 now.

Hey guys. Mini update time. Got some good, great and not so good news but hey, all a part of the journey right! So let's get into it. About a week ago, a friend of mine got a big order of seed from the Canadian Hemp Co. Two of the strains included were Raspberry Kush and Gods Gift! Since starting my OG Skywalker plants, I've fallen in love with the structure and look of the pure or Indica dominant plants...not to mention, who doesn't love a good Kushy high?! They were fem seeds so I only took one of each for now but didn't separate them so I don't know which bean is which! I got antsy and threw one in some Happy Frog and she decided to say hello to the world yesterday! This is going to be exciting to watch! Sorry, my camera refused to focus on anything but the dirt lol smh
image18267.jpg

On to the great news!!! The Indica Dom has shows first sign of sex! We have a girl ladies and gents!!! It still gets pretty cold at night...last night it got down to 31 degrees but it's currently 83 in the greenhouse. I think she'll be ok and if it gets too cold, I'll bring her in at night.
image18264.jpg
image18265.jpg

And finally...the not so good news. It appears OG Skywalker #2 has a phosphorus deficiency and it just got a good dose of fresh falling rain water yesterday. I feel enough that it should have gotten a good flush. Any advise on what to do? It's one of the newer leaves too.
image18266.jpg

That's all for today. See you ally again in a few days.

Good afternoon Dusty and Jade, thanks for checking in! Hope all is well in your worlds on this Monday. I do keep a pretty close eye on them but it is possible it stretched some and came in contact with a bulb while I was sleeping but I'm just glad neither of you think it's a phosphorus thing. I can deal with a little light burn :thanks:

Are more leaves affected on your OG Skywalker #2?

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Happy hump day everyone! Time for the weekly update. It's going to be a quick one. Kind of busy today but I wanted to make sure I got this post in today so here we go.
-UK Indica Dom. Showed her pistils a few days ago and is still looking and doing well. Temps still fluctuating at night but she's handling it like a champ.
image18458.jpg

-Purple Dream. I cut her ties loose and decided to just let her go. This is the product of my first (accidental) breeding venture so what the hell!!! I want to see what she's made of!
image18457.jpg
image18456.jpg

-Babes' Plant. Lol the name still makes me chuckle but wth. Really becoming a beautiful plant. Such tight spacing between leaves and branches. And the leaves are so big and healthy! I pulled a few off the other day for more light penetration.
image18455.jpg

-OG Skywalker #1. Has been under 12/12 for about a week now and still hasn't shown signs of sex but it's been stretching so I'll just wait on it. Looking good though. Keeping my fingers crossed for pistils!
image18454.jpg

-OGS2. This is one of my favorites by far. Just looks amazing and really healthy. The newer leaves up top are developing 9 and even 11 blades! I've removed some fan leaves and tied down some secondary stems. Going to really try and bush it out.
image18453.jpg
image18452.jpg

Last but not least, I wanted to display one of the leaves taken from OGS2. I will be curing and Sabi g my larger fan leaves for Thai sticks and other goodies down the line.
image18450.jpg

Good afternoon everybody! I know your thinking, "what could you possibly have to update us on since the last 24 hours?!"...right?! Well, as I moved the plants I was keeping in veg from the closet to the greenhouse this morning I noticed the smell in my office was insane! Once I got them outside I noticed both my Purple Dream and "Babes' Sativa Dom UK decided to start putting out pistils!!! I'm wondering if this was due to them getting 10.5 hours of direct sunlight a day and the rest was provided by cfls. So...they are now also in the greenhouse 24 hours.
Purple Dream
image18481.jpg

Babes' Sativa Dom
image18482.jpg

I did flush both of these plants last night with a mix of 1 drop of SuperThrive to 2.5 gallons of rain water. Hopefully that won't delay the flowering or anything.

Back
Top Bottom