250W - GHS Kings Kush

Diging the video. I need to learn how to do that. Please tell me you do have a fan for your lady. During the video I didn't see the an on.
Yeah, with my cooltube I have a 4" 160cfm inline hooked to a fan-speed controller kicking about 1/2 power. Housed in the veg chamber bolted to the top of the cab. Couldn't survive without this thing, great buy!

With scrog you are constantly bending and morphing the branches, this results in the warty underarm-looking stuff at the beginning of main stems and makes for strong branches overall. Without my CF it is roughly 29c and 30% rh and with it 20% rh and 27-28 at lights on. If I added an oscilating fan or kicked my inline up to full speed, were talking 15%rh at max and about 23-25c max depending on external temps.

Now if only I could invent a mini-waterfarm..:popcorn:

Week 7 Day 1

img0376o.jpg

img0377hs.jpg

img0381y.jpg

img0382lzn.jpg

img0387q.jpg

img0386bm.jpg

img0385n.jpg

img0389wum.jpg

img0388rjh.jpg

Started a res a day ago with about 1/2 of the recommended usage on the dry koolbloom. She smells now of sweetness and and skunk with a hint of lemon. Starting to swell a lil and a few all-red trichs are appearing :yahoo:Next res will be full strength koolbloom and about half strength regular nutes.

Questions and comments are always appreciated, thanks for stopping in guys! :high-five:

Day 2-3 Of Week 9.

At this point I may let her go until 10. I would like to see if I can get some purple out of her and let her swell a bit more. I'm very satisfied considering how scraggly she looked in veg. Dry koolbloom is at 1/3-1/2tbsp per res. Getting quite a few fox-tails, but over calyx production isn't nearly as strong as before. Slowing now, so I will be watching the trichs closely. 75-90% amber is what I'm after for the full effect. Tip top shape and my clone has rooted!

6 Weeks in and I am confirming that cloning is still possible. Using even the most rudimentary of tools.

CFL
Rockwool
Water bottle
Clonging Gel

I cut my clone at a 45deg. angle and set in cloning gel for 30-45 seconds. I use a razor blade to do this and make vertical slits about half an inch up the stem to allow proper intake of the rooting hormone. I pre-wet the rockwool with spring water (no pH balance needed). Once I place the clone (or seed) in the rockwool, I make sure that there isn't any open space between the stem/root because this will slow growth considerably. My solution is take a small piece from somewhere else on the cube and carefully pack it in between so that its a snug fit.

Once you've done that, I cut a water bottle in half and place the cube and bottle on a plate in front of the CFL (24/0). Within 4-5 days I have had roots reach the bottom of a cube.

Anyway..here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

img0472nh.jpg

img0455wn.jpg

img0471tg.jpg

img0470v.jpg

img0455wn1.jpg

Im growing this strain now for the first time and its just going into flower and has pistols everywhere... there is one concern though that I have... I have noticed that the initial pistols on this plant are purple, I mean really purple!

I am not familiar with this strain and im wondering if that is normal for this strain with it having purple genes and all... I am growing it outdoors and am not impressed with this plants growth outdoors..its the smallest of the 10 other strains i have outside. I am worried that growing it outdoors is whats causing the pistols to be purple instead of the usual white pistols...

Im growing this strain now for the first time and its just going into flower and has pistols everywhere... there is one concern though that I have... I have noticed that the initial pistols on this plant are purple, I mean really purple!

I am not familiar with this strain and im wondering if that is normal for this strain with it having purple genes and all... I am growing it outdoors and am not impressed with this plants growth outdoors..its the smallest of the 10 other strains i have outside. I am worried that growing it outdoors is whats causing the pistols to be purple instead of the usual white pistols...
Thats odd. I have a purple tinge to the leaves, but nothing like that. It is ideal in SCROG/Topped environments from what I've read/experienced. Purple pistols = awesome though, maybe consider crossing or cloning and trying indoors - at least thats what I'd do.

Thats odd. I have a purple tinge to the leaves, but nothing like that. It is ideal in SCROG/Topped environments from what I've read/experienced. Purple pistols = awesome though, maybe consider crossing or cloning and trying indoors - at least thats what I'd do.

I dont know dude... This plant is actually worrying me a little because it seems like its struggling for some reason. I consider my self to be a decent grower as ive been doing it for a few years and have had many great crops So i know its nothing that i am doing thats hindering this plants progress.

Its also isnt doing the usual stretch out that plants do during flower, yea I know that some strains dont stretch as much as others do but this bitch isnt stretching at all lol so that combined with the purple pistols is kinda making me go hmmmm...

I guess I will just wait it out and see what turns out from this plant but im not really bummed out because I have 9 more fem seeds of that Kings kush left so I can always do some indoor crops with it.

My last 2 grow's have been the kings kush, ive found they are fussy eaters in the first 2 weeks of veg then sort themselves out and turn into some bangin grade with very little effort.

Your ladies are looking great SweetCheeba!!! Like the Bob Marley Rolling papers as well!!! Man those trichomes are just covering your nugs! those are going to be some potent meds!!!!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Ok so I started a 4 Strain grow a few weeks ago which Include Blue Cheese, Tangerine Dream, Pineapple Express and Kings Kush. Every plant looks great Except for the Kings Kush and I don't understand why it looks the way it does.

I was wondering if anyone can help me figure out whats going on with it or can provide me with any grow tips on how to deal with this strain. this is my second attempt to grow this strain and the first was an unsuccessful outdoor grow. I really want to make it work out this time, Im really interested in trying these genetics.

A little info: They are all growing in coco coir and I am using Dyna grow nutes.. I heard from many sources that the Kings Kush is nute sensitive so I give her a slightly less dose than the others.

Here is a pic of Each strain so you can compare them to the weird/damaged Kings Kush.

First is Blue Cheese
Blue_Cheese2.jpg

Second is Tangerine Dream
Tangerine_Dream2.jpg

Third is Pineapple Express
Pineapple_Express7.jpg

And Finally the Sick/Damaged Kings Kush
Kings_Curse.jpg

Back
Top Bottom