250W Afghan Kush in a Farm

sweetcheba

Awesome looking plants you have going there. That's what I'm looking for.

I did have mine in a covered container.
I just think I got a bad batch of seeds, or the postal system did something to them.
In the shipment were 3 different breeders, same results all the seeds.
Only one Vanilla Kush is surviving and it is 2 weeks old but looks like 2 days old.
However I checked on it yesterday and it finally starting to grow the second set of leaves and they are purple already.

great looking plants sad that i missed the first half but im interested to see what kind of yield and smoke she will put out looking real good for a 250w

thanks brew!

Your lady looks great!!!!!

:goodjob: & :goodluck:
thanks man, its so hard not to chop her early..she smells and looks like juicyfruit w/ hint of spice :hookah:

sweets,
Nice looking girls. smoke report please when she is done. Nice grwow bro.
You got it! will post final weight, harvest pics and smoke report :smokin:

sweetcheba

Awesome looking plants you have going there. That's what I'm looking for.

I did have mine in a covered container.
I just think I got a bad batch of seeds, or the postal system did something to them.
In the shipment were 3 different breeders, same results all the seeds.
Only one Vanilla Kush is surviving and it is 2 weeks old but looks like 2 days old.
However I checked on it yesterday and it finally starting to grow the second set of leaves and they are purple already.
Hum..I've had my mail sent from wayy far away and never had a problem. How often do you water? I tried taking clones of her and the stems turned purple. Turns out it was just putting all its energy into making roots, but it worked. Do you have a sizeable tap root before you put them into the growing media? 24hrs in a shot glass w/ plain ol' water, and another 24 between a damp paper towel in warm environment and everytime I have popped seeds that have grown strong. Sure some had wilting leaves for the first set, but once the second set came they went off.

great looking plants sad that i missed the first half but im interested to see what kind of yield and smoke she will put out looking real good for a 250w
from what i hear, i should be enjoying it heavily :cool: thanks tho, its surprising what you can accomplish with a 250

:) thanks

61 Days Flowering

Shed pretty much all lower fan leaves due to lack of light penetration. Shes really packed on some weight over the past week. Any guesses on yield anyone??

I wanna venture a guess but I cant tell how many colas I see in the pics because of the mylar. I'll wait until I can see it against a different background. Looks like it will be fairly decent though.

Nice looking girl
thanks! Half way through week 9 and shes turning purple :yahoo: about 2/3 of the buds have it to one extent or the other and are turning more and more erryday. Think about Purple Afghan Kush, w/ 60-70%amber trichs, fruity smelling and a 2-4 week cure...life is complete only after I eat the brownies-a-la-ak :peacetwo:

Half way through week 9 and shes turning purple :yahoo: about 2/3 of the buds have it to one extent or the other and are turning more and more erryday. Think about Purple Afghan Kush, w/ 60-70%amber trichs, fruity smelling and a 2-4 week cure...life is complete only after I eat the brownies-a-la-ak :peacetwo:

It will darken through week 10. Sounds like you're close @ 70/30! I just pulled a bowl of some I grew a couple of months ago. Put some away for 90 days in a sealed jar if you can. It will have the smoothness of a fine cigar. Also, be careful of hidden moisture in the stems when drying. Hope this helps. You have some great smoke to look forward to!

You were wondering a couple post back whether letting it go that extra week to get the trichs really amber and milky matters and to me it does especially with the Indicas because I use weed for pain relief and I find the longer you let the plant flower the less of a head high and it seems to leave me clear headed and able to function but just not have any pain in my body which is the kind of high I enjoy. Also, in that last week or two the plant puts on a lot of extra weight and the buds get really hard and dense as the plant goes into overdrive. Trust me, I grew 3 plants of hash plant and pulled 1 @ exactly 8 weeks and while it was very mature and was good the plants that I let an extra 3 weeks were a lot better. The flavor and weight of the buds was improved also. Every bud was super rock hard and dense. When you grow using a water farm, I have one too I'm growing MAZAR in you want to give the plant plain PH water for the last 21 days @ least to flush out the fertilizer salts. The bud tastes a lot better and really all you need to give it at the most is some SensiZym or some Hygrozyme to help it flush and break down the fertilizer salts. Also, with your Waterfarm I would consider poking more holes in the bottom of the bucket that holds the hydroton and also getting an airstone (like for an aquarium) and putting it in the bucket and you will notice you will get better yields and bigger roots when you grow using the water farm. The root ball get's humongous when you do it so give it a try and pimp out your waterfarm. Also, the plastic let's some light in so I covered mine with reflective tape to keep the light out of my reservoir and keep the nute solution a little bit cooler.

I've been using the Powergrowers (hex-pot/larger version of waterfarm) with an 8" air stone with great results.
10oz. or more off a 5' plant under dual-arcs is not uncommen.
So, I assume, the yield would be even higher with HPS.
This strain is one hell of a producer- someone I know, got 4.5lbs. off 1 outdoor plant.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who thought of tossing an air stone into one of these things.:bongrip:

It will darken through week 10. Sounds like you're close @ 70/30! I just pulled a bowl of some I grew a couple of months ago. Put some away for 90 days in a sealed jar if you can. It will have the smoothness of a fine cigar. Also, be careful of hidden moisture in the stems when drying. Hope this helps. You have some great smoke to look forward to!
I hope so, shes coming down tomorrow morning :cheer:

I've been using the Powergrowers (hex-pot/larger version of waterfarm) with an 8" air stone with great results.
10oz. or more off a 5' plant under dual-arcs is not uncommen.
So, I assume, the yield would be even higher with HPS.
This strain is one hell of a producer- someone I know, got 4.5lbs. off 1 outdoor plant.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who thought of tossing an air stone into one of these things.:bongrip:
Following another thread I have added a second line for an air-stone, drilled 2-3x as many holes in the bottom and have everything running like clockwork, waterfarms I have to say are self sustaining and very easy even for the most novice of grower. Pics to follow..

Mid-End of week 9

IMG_020011.JPG

IMG_019911.JPG

IMG_01967.JPG

She really has swelled alot in the past week. The smell is that of fruit and some fine herb! She is on the last of her 14 day flush and I'm looking forward to some good smoke come this 4/20 :grinjoint: Tomorrow morning will harvest her and take pics. Thanks for looking all.

HARVEST TIME :slide:

So today was d-day for her. 72 days from flower..3.5 months from seed and we have some pics and awesome smoke to look forward to. Alot of the work was done for me since the plant shed most of its leaves way before this. Just some little trimming (about 1-1.5oz's) for some cannabutter and the rest is in the cab to dry. Check out the pics, tell me what you think and thanks for following! :Namaste:

And there we have it folks! Not bad for a 250 in a cab eh?? :p Will post dry weight and some final pics once its done drying. Very pleased with everything and now I'm off to smoke the blunt I rolled beforehand. Happy smoking all :grinjoint::Namaste::smokin::roorrip:

Test: 36hr Dark Period

Tested this and the results I have to say are somewhat impressive. Nothing like 1/2/3x bigger, but clear calyx swelling and my buds took over a purple tinge. She drank almost an entire res of pure water and I chopped her..mwahhahaha. Point..its counter intuitive, but it seems to solidify some calyxes. I was sketched out about maybe some seeds forming..but it was just the calyxes so nothing to worry about.

Will post smoke and final yields after its ready. 2-3 week cure. Any guesses on yield?? :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom