SmokeyMcFly's HighBrix, Grand Daddy Purple, Ace Bubba Kush & Cotton Candy Grow

Man Smokey, that gdp is stellar. I just cloned #3 yesterday. The mom is waiting on spot i hope it doesn't stretch too much. Bubba is 2 weeks in now and is making golf ball buds. Glad you're back!

I smoked a j of #3 this morning and it's pretty awesome :) I woke up destroyed from the trip yesterday and while these GDP don't do anything to help my pain like my bubba does I was stoned enough that I didn't care that I hurt for most of the morning :rofl: Im gonna give it a week or so in the jar and try it again. I got about twice the yield in volume from #3 than #2 but weight might be the same #2 is denser. I am probably going to ditch #2 and possibly keep #3 but more smoke testing is deff in order :passitleft: :rofl: I think i still have 6 more seeds but it will probably be a bit before I get back around to this strain. I haven't had any blue dream in to long so one of those is coming soon and maybe another tikal or panama.

Good morning Smokey. Congrats on a nice lil harvest.
On a sad note , i'm sorry to hear about your Dad. Glad you can be there for your mom. Stay strong bud!:Namaste:

Thanks Duggs, he had been fighting cancer for the last 15 years (over 10 different times) since he got a liver transplant so we're all very sad he's gone of course but glad he's done suffering all the time.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad Smokey. It sucks watching those close to you suffer.

Your GDP looks pretty killer. Kinda sucks that you didn't get any purple, but at least it's good smoke.

Thanks!

They both tried to turn and did a little bit. I think I still have my lights set to only 10 or 11 hours from when I was growing the sativas so that might of screwed them up a bit or maybe it just doesn't get cold enough in my grow room 71 is about as low as I can ever get it and it usually only gets down to 72 or 73 with lights off. Maybe Neiko can get some purp out of his :)

Happy 420 all! :passitleft:

Thanks!

They both tried to turn and did a little bit. I think I still have my lights set to only 10 or 11 hours from when I was growing the sativas so that might of screwed them up a bit or maybe it just doesn't get cold enough in my grow room 71 is about as low as I can ever get it and it usually only gets down to 72 or 73 with lights off. Maybe Neiko can get some purp out of his :)

Happy 420 all! :passitleft:

Temps play a big part in coloration in some strains. The one time I grew GDP I got purple even with is being hotter than I would have liked in my tent. I'm sure lights off was no cooler than what you are hitting. It seems you probably just ended up with phenos that need lower temps to show. It's all good tho so long a you enjoy the smoke. I really enjoy the visual appeal of purple buds but also like the grapey aroma and flavor that comes with it from time to time.

Happy 420 btw :thumb:

Smokey, man, I feel for your loss but also totally grasp the relief knowing that your dad is no longer suffering debilitating pain. Such a double edged sword there....

Glad you're back in town and I hope your mom's coping with this as best she can, mom's are stronger than we realize sometimes.

Keep em green and sticky :peace:

Hey Smokey, I hope everything is ok. Just wanted to show ya the bubba hash. It's about 5 weeks in now. I just flipped the GDP yesterday, she's big!
Bubba Hash
20170508_054049.jpg

I'll try, I don't always get purple either. The snow moon sure did, the buds not the leaves. That plant looks like it will be something special.

My Snow moon finished up and has dark purple on the inside and is green on the outside of the buds. I don't really even know how long I flowered her for but I have another ready to flip this weekend. I'm puffing my first J of it now after about a week of cure and bam the flavor already is amazing omg. I will be keeping this around for a while I think :)

So glad to see you back Smoke. I too am very sorry for your loss. I lost my pops to liver didease after a transplant too back in 2002. Much understood. If ya need anything...or just feel like showin off your girls and shootin the breeze....ill be here bro...hanging out.
Nuthin but respect,
Spark.

Thanks bud

Temps play a big part in coloration in some strains. The one time I grew GDP I got purple even with is being hotter than I would have liked in my tent. I'm sure lights off was no cooler than what you are hitting. It seems you probably just ended up with phenos that need lower temps to show. It's all good tho so long a you enjoy the smoke. I really enjoy the visual appeal of purple buds but also like the grapey aroma and flavor that comes with it from time to time.

Happy 420 btw :thumb:

Right on, I'm kinda getting over the GDP flavor already its very unique and I can't put a label on it but after smoking it for a few months now I don't love it :rofl:

Smokey, man, I feel for your loss but also totally grasp the relief knowing that your dad is no longer suffering debilitating pain. Such a double edged sword there....

Glad you're back in town and I hope your mom's coping with this as best she can, mom's are stronger than we realize sometimes.

Keep em green and sticky :peace:

Thanks it is good to be home for sure, my poor plants weren't looking so great after me only being here for 2 weeks out of two months straight :)

Hey Smokey, I hope everything is ok. Just wanted to show ya the bubba hash. It's about 5 weeks in now. I just flipped the GDP yesterday, she's big!
Bubba Hash
20170508_054049.jpg

Nice! That looks great, I think you are going to love this strain, nothing helps my nerve pain like this one does. Hope it helps you guys out too :passitleft:

Hey Smokey, evenin bud! Neiko, nice lookin hash plant...they're gonna get huge . You got em in some lots dirt....:tokin: Cheers ., time to start watchin hockey again....:thumb::cheer::thumb::cheer:

Hey Duggs how have you been bud :passitleft: Thats the ace bubba kush x hash plant that I have been growing. Best strain or any med I have ever found for my nerve pain. I need to get some new cuts taken and flip the mother plant I have going atm. She has out grown a 5gal softie so she should be beast in flower. I just smoked the last of it the other day and i'm missing it already so time for slacking is over :rofl:

I believe they are Ken estes seeds which now is labeled as grand daddy purp seeds. So the strain has the same name as the breeder basically.

Smokey the flavor I cannot recall since it has been a while but most people associate it with grapes as they do a lot of the purple strains. It didnt stick around all that long so there was no getting tired of it :laughtwo:

That's correct they were Kens seeds. Doesn't taste like grape to but it is an interesting flavor.

You'll have to excuse me.....Ken Estes is who? The plants named after him due to his ability to cross breed?

Ken Estes is the breeder of Grand Daddy Purps. He has been an activist for the legalization of medical marijuana in cali since the early 90's and has run multiple cannabis clinics throughout Cali. GDP is his flagship strain and is what started ken estes seeds which is now Grand Daddy Purps seeds. An internet search can get you some more info but thats the basics of it. Hope that helps :Namaste:

Yeah best I could tell from my research Ken was the original breeder of GDP, I don't like buying rip offs of other peoples work if I can help it. Anyway it's an ok strain and is good for people that need appetite stimulation or have a hard time sleeping. The pain killing effects they claim I have not experienced from it. For the price of the seeds you can certainly do better IMO.

I have awesome news :) I got the ok from the wife tonight to buy an AC for the garage and move the grow setup out of the bedroom upstairs into it. No more dragging a bunch of buckets full of water up the stairs everyday, dragging soil up and down stairs, bending over trying to pot plants in the tiny closet on a bin on the floor, problems with my humidifier being in to small of a room, lack of cooling to run as many lights as I want, lack of electricity to run more stuff, not have to freeze upstairs all the time to try and keep the temps low enough for the grow room, two or three more feet of vertical height so I can put on at least one of the 1foot extensions on my tents maybe two, I could go on... :rofl:

I want to put some insulation on the garage door and get a mini split so I can keep it sealed and pickup a CO2 system. At that point I should be able to keep the env set how ever I want :party:

Anyone have any idea how big of a mini split I would need for a two car garage that would run a 4x4 veg tent and a 5x5 flower tent? Or how much it usually cost to get one put in? Or anything I am not thinking of that I should be?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom