2blgl's First Grow Afghani Kush - Skunk & Northern Light - Big Bud

re: 2blgl's First Grow Afghni Kush/Skunk and Northern Light/Big Bud

Your roots actually look really good. Those darker spots are where the roots air prune, and that is totally normal to have roots that look like that when growing in DWC.

What people need to understand, is your roots are submerged in nutrient solution for months on end.

Heres a good example of why your roots get stained.

mix up your normal nutrient mixture, but mix for an extra litre. Take that extra litre out, and sit it on the counter for a week air stone or not it doesn't matter.

Come back a week later and pour out the nutrient solution. You will notice a darker coloured film on the inside of your bucket. This is the nutrient stain.

My nutrient solution looks like Soy sauce in the bucket. I use Floralicious Plus which looks darker than soy sauce (its possible!) as well as FloraBlend which is also very dark in colour

You could rinse your roots off with water (i used to do this with my WW) but i found that the darkening of the roots were natural, due to staining as well as roots air pruning.

This rinsing off the roots just wastes time you could spend playing with your son or daughter or smoking a fat joint and watching the game on TV or whatever it is you do!

Those.. Roots... Are... Insane! Great job dude +reps!

Just a few pictures.

The Girls another 2" higher
DSC_006616.JPG

Finally some good pictures of the flowers, 3 different ones and it looks like this all over :party:
DSC_006818.JPG
DSC_006921.JPG
DSC_007020.JPG

Thank you for the complements everyone, it means a lot coming from some great growers. :thanks:

DAMN DAMN DAMN !!!!!

Tonight was res change time, I noticed that the AKxS was causing its pot to pull up and also one of my air stones was broken so I came up with the bright idea of taking the plants out of the cabinet changing the air stone and zip tying down the net pot to keep it from tilting. Well as i took it out I broke about 3" off one of the biggest stems with some nice tight flowers on it. Slowed my dumb ass down got the net pot zip tied down changed the water added the nutrients and am sitting with my fingers crossed that I didnt hurt her to badly. Will post some pictures tomorrow. I am going to let the piece I broke off dry and smoke it.

You wont be smoking anything but chlorophyll and nutrients!!

There wont be enough Delta-9 THC in the flowers yet to actually catch a buzz.

Waiting for those pics!

If you want to keep the plant from falling over cause its top heavy (and you drilled your net pot holes too big... i did the same thing!!)

go to Home Deport or your local hardware store and pick up some eye screws. You know the ones with an eyelet with a threaded screw on the end.. screw that into the lid of your bucket and use some pipe cleaners from Wally world or an arts and crafts store and tie the pipe cleaners to the eye screws and then pull your plant so that its straight and centered, then wrap the pipe cleaner around it and tighten it up..

Thats what i did for my WW i have in flower. WAY too top heavy.. i have it tied up to the rafters of my tent too as well as tied to the bucket to keep from falling over!

Hello All

Checked the girls tonight, Still going strong so my dumb ass dint do any lasting damage. Starting to get crystals on the sugar leaves. Since it is past day 21 I did a little trimming, no I didn't defoliate just cleaned out some dead and dying leaves and took out some of the very large fan leaves in the center of the plant letting light get down through the center.I would say I took maybe a dozen leaves all together. To get rid of the leaves without putting them in the trash I put them in the blender with about 2 cups of water and blended it to a nice soupy mix and poured it over my garden where I plant mt tomatoes every spring.

now for the pictures, If you can zoom in on them you can see the crystals starting

The Girls
DSC_007116.JPG

DSC_007222.JPG
DSC_007321.JPG
DSC_007522.JPG
DSC_007718.JPG

Where I broke it
DSC_007817.JPG

yea man, first grow, DAMN couldn't tell otherwise - Its been fun watching you build and grow - thanks for letting us follow your journey - GREAT JOB + reps

One more Picture

Crystal Close Up, 22 Days into Flower
Crystal_Close_Up.jpg

Hello

Today is day 30 of flower and everything is still going good. Have one bud that looks funny as the top is very white I have looked at it very closely and it doesn't look like mold but I also don't know what mold on bud looks like. So any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Now the pictures

The funny looking white bud
DSC_008418.JPG

Close up of what bud
Close_Up_of_White_Bud.jpg

The AKxS normal looking Bud
DSC_008621.JPG

The NLxBB Normal Bud
DSC_008724.JPG

The Girls Together
DSC_0085-50percent.jpg

:bravo: way way better than my first grow !!!

No way you got a white top bud too! Someone else a couple of months ago had this and we decided it wasn't blanching and that the pigment loss was just some sort of chimerism or full varigation. Whatever it is it's a really cool genetic fluke!

No way you got a white top bud too! Someone else a couple of months ago had this and we decided it wasn't blanching and that the pigment loss was just some sort of chimerism or full varigation. Whatever it is it's a really cool genetic fluke!

I believe this was stealthgrow - From his LEDs - I have the same LEDs as him and had the same issue with one of my tops right by the light - bleached the heck out it lol - they do look awesome! Ill take bleached over burnt lol

EDIT: oh wait maybe not lol intersting topic of chimerism or full varigation - just read up on it .....

Re: 2blgl's First Grow Afghni Kush/Skunk and Northern Light/Big Bud

Hello everyone,

Been out of town for a death in the family, got back last night walked into my grow room and was almost knocked over by the smell it was so strong. Opened the cabinet and wow what a difference 4 days can make. buds are filling in beautifully plants are still strong and healthy. After doing lots of reading I am sure the white bud is bleaching by the LED light top of bud was only 2 inches from the light. I moved the light up higher now have about 6 inches, that one stem is about 48" tall. How about the elections 2 more states and DC are now legal, I think if congress doesn't interfere the fact DC has gone legal will help push the other states to follow suit.

Now the Pictures

DSC_004922.JPG
DSC_005019.JPG
DSC_005119.JPG
DSC_005219.JPG
DSC_005318.JPG
DSC_005422.JPG

Re: 2blgl's First Grow Afghni Kush/Skunk and Northern Light/Big Bud

Great first grow! :goodjob:Nice frost coming on those buds. Interested to see how that Afghan Kush X Skunk smoke turns out.

Back
Top Bottom