2nd attempt

piginslop

I started these seeds on october 12, 2008, under a flourescent lamp. After 3 weeks i put them under 400 w hps lamp and took these pics today, November 9. I trimmed them two days ago so they grow out two sides and not bush. Too early? They seem to have responded very well to the trimming. I'm using miracle grow soil and as you can see they are in milk jugs. When can i tell the sex? When should i replant them into 3-gallon buckets? I'm hoping at least one of them is female as i plan on disposing of any males. These seeds were a mix if bag seeds i'd been saving so I dont know what type they are.
I will try to post the pics when i am allowed.

Also, THANK YOU MICHIGAN VOTERS ON PROP 1!!!!!

Yesterday I transplanted the three plants to 3-gal buckets with holes in the bottom for drainage. This morning, wednesday, they seem to be doing fine. When will they begin to show signs of being male or female plants? The tallest one is about 7 inches tall and the shortest about 5 inches. They look nice and healthy green, have large fan leaves. When would be the optimum time to start my 12/12 cycle of lighting?

It looks like two of the three are MALES!!! YUCK - pulled them out and put them in another room, attached the light to a 12/12 cycle timer to give them a few more days to make sure they are before I toss them.

I always have to battle downy mildew problems, it really really sux. I got some phish pharm yesturday to try something new to battle it, missed a tiny spot on the directions that says "not for use indoors". Holy crap that shit stank, 24 hours now and i can finally open the door again.:thedoubletake: Dont use it is what I'm saying lol. Dont use baking soda either its a HUGE mess to clean up. What you need is to change the ph of the leaves so the mildew cant survive there, and lessen the nitrogen of your feed if you can, as thats what the mildew eats, increase the wind so it dosent have a chance to settle on the leaves of other plants.

Try a 3%mixture of hydrogen peroxide to H20, make sure to agitate the water over night to evap the chloride first because they will do battle. Spray the plants at sunrise, raise the light till they are dry. Repeat a week later, continue until you have descent buds, not nice buds though as you dont want bud mold.

Once you see the mildew the disease has been in the plant for a few weeks and wont actually be cured, but will control it. A mother is a huge problem, I would flower em out cause the clones will all be infected.

Honestly guys, I do appreciate all the advice. I'm concerned about a possible problem with the medium i'm using. I've mixed in some perlite, prior to planting of course. What other type(s) of soil medium could i use. i'm working on the picture thing....not too literate when it comes to these computers....but have been taking a pic ever yother day or so

I've been doing some serious reading at this site. Do people grow using a 12/12 lighting cycle from seedling to bud? What is the Upside? Downside? Doing is 12/12 from beginning to end, how many plants could i di using a 400w hps light, in a space 3'x3'x7'?

I had to get rid of two of my three plants because the were definitely males :(***
I trimmed some from the female and am going to clone 4, since I really don't know what this bud will be like. Going to have to get the wife to help me out with posting pics. Thanks for all the help and advice.

Ok bud, get the wife to help you get some pics up. I am curios as to if you have/have not put them into 12/12 yet? I noticed on the 12th that you asked when you should go into 12/12 and then on the 14th you said you found two males?? That sems a bit quick specially since the plants were still quite young. Now concentrate on getting some pics up.... Let's see what you have going on...:peace:

I took the suspected males out and put them both under 12/12 in a separate room, since they were soooo much larger than the third one and I was told that may be a sign that they are male plants. I sure hope the 3rd is female. It is still under 24hr light.

Back
Top Bottom