3D printed items for grows

6 inch to 4 inch Y fitting printing away

20231013_115303.jpg

Respect on the seed cracking :high-five: no disrespect but how many days we are talking?
75 bucks on a couple a days difference is worth it?
I think its for those stubborn seed with hard seed husks that won't crack .
I've never used one myself 😊
Be lucky to be 70c printed
Thanks for stopping by 😊

20231013_231135.jpg

Printing done ,now I just have to wait for relays micro switches and the little geared motors then I can finish making them .
For those not sure what this is its to control ventilation on 2 grow tents with 1 6 inch carbon filter and 1 6 inch extraction fan and one controller with 2 zones .
So I can shut air draw off from each tent individually and when one tents air draw stops the fan runs at 50%

@Gee64 check this stuff out

@Absorber do you take suggestions? I.e. if I come up with an idea for something do you want me to propose it to you or do you have a huge backlog of stuff you’re already doing?

@Gee64 check this stuff out

@Absorber do you take suggestions? I.e. if I come up with an idea for something do you want me to propose it to you or do you have a huge backlog of stuff you’re already doing?
Thanks for dropping in 😁
If I can help I will, what did you have in mind

Thanks for dropping in 😁
If I can help I will, what did you have in mind

No problem, awesome thread!

Nothing specific as of now I just wanted to see what the situation was. I’m pretty unfamiliar with 3D printing itself but I do remember someone telling me it’s a lengthy process, however this was a few years ago at least

No problem, awesome thread!

Nothing specific as of now I just wanted to see what the situation was. I’m pretty unfamiliar with 3D printing itself but I do remember someone telling me it’s a lengthy process, however this was a few years ago at least
No worries ,like I said if I can help I will and if there are any stl's you are after that I can give you, let me know and i can give you the link in a message im not allowed to post it here 😊
Thanks for the kind words 👍

What's the process for getting the actual file produced that can be save and shared? There must be some 3-D software that allows you to create it visually somehow which then gets saved as computer code?

Can you show us the process next time you do a brand new idea?

What's the process for getting the actual file produced that can be save and shared? There must be some 3-D software that allows you to create it visually somehow which then gets saved as computer code?

Can you show us the process next time you do a brand new idea?
The 2 programs I use are 3d builder and meshmixer .

3d builder is a very simple program to use it has basic shapes like sphere,cube, cone etc and you add and subtract shapes its a free program on most Windows computers and I think meshmixer was free too I use that program to clean up the meshes of the STL the meshes are all the little tiny triangles used to make shapes, think of them as pixels but in 3d ,the more of them you have the finer the detail.
I can achieve most things with those 2 programs , im no expert at designing things on a computer but I have a crack and learn more each time I do.
There are more intricate programs but id have to watch shitloads of YouTube tutorials and my internet buffers to much so I stick with the ones I use

Joking aside, that's pretty cool tek you've got. :green_heart:

I imagine that's something like what they'll have to take on a mission to Mars. (The tek I mean, not your plant tags :p)

Can they print metal yet or only plastic?
They do print a form of metal ,not on my printer though.
I have a few printed parts on my 4x4 like hubcaps on my off road rims and mounts for my rooftop tent and pull out solar panel ,a battery box to hold the 4 285ah lipo4 batteries in 4x4 .
I couldn't live without one that's why I have 2 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom