3rd Grow: 1st Journal 2020: Indoor GR & Soil

Question folks .
I see some mixed messages about flipping.
@Emilya led me in the right direction with watering and I read her take on flipping and a few others opinions.
I transferred to a 5 gal soft pot a couple weeks ago ( after uppotting 3 times ) and planning to stay with This size.
I have done some trimming , low stuff , over the last few weeks.
I plan on a flush right before flipping.
I have been doing LST & topping for 5 weeks.
Total darkness for 36 hrs before flipping.
What am I missing ??

I'm very simple when it comes to flipping. Change the timer and change my nutes.
I'm in Coco fyi.
Thats what I did w/ my second grow in dirt. Changed the timer and nutes .
Nothing else. Within two weeks everything went down hill. A male and then hermi.
I am trying to ease into the flowering stage this time.

Any last minute super cropping / limb arranging? Leaf spray / pest management. Check space for light leaks, double check timer settings.

If analog timer check pins are protected from accidental bump. This one got me last month- my clone mother got flipped to flower.

Switch light to flower mode if equipped. Clean fans & air intakes. Plan your fert change, pour out old nutes, mix new batch

Sounds like you’ve got this.

OZ3 yes I know several folks that use dehum water in their grow

Any last minute super cropping / limb arranging? Leaf spray / pest management. Check space for light leaks, double check timer settings.

If analog timer check pins are protected from accidental bump. This one got me last month- my clone mother got flipped to flower.

Switch light to flower mode if equipped. Clean fans & air intakes. Plan your fert change, pour out old nutes, mix new batch

The light leaks helped do me in last time.
Thank you for the input.
please follow my journal as I go along .
Cheers.

You don't need to do anything to it? Just add nutes and go?

As of last night , we have flipped to 12/12 .
I flushed the plants 4 days ago and fed full neuts yesterday after 36 hrs of full dark.
B2AB8736-9C04-46A7-B2C6-9E4575469081.jpeg
B0AA0891-C61F-4B55-B656-6C74654AA81D.jpeg

Plants look great and healthy! Im along for the show!

Few questions. Why would you ever do 36 hours of darkness before a flip? What lights are you flowering with?

*Edited to add* You for sure need to worry about pH in your soil grow.

Plants look great and healthy! Im along for the show!

Few questions. Why would you ever do 36 hours of darkness before a flip? What lights are you flowering with?

*Edited to add* You for sure need to worry about pH in your soil grow.
Thanks Hunter.
Welcome.
I actually checked numerous posts here about flipping process and found it must be pretty common I figured it couldn’t hurt so I tried it .
Totally agree about PH in soil With an inside grow. I had an issue early in my last ( second ) grow using tap water w/ out PH testing or adjustment. So I started using well water and ordered appropriate accessories. Big difference .
i will say that my first grow was outside. I did no research. I just planted 2 seedlings and watered when I watered my veggies. City water right out of the hose. Had a great harvest.
One thing I learned with the second grow and now this one , inside grow requires much more effort, time and correct decisions.
Thanks for your comments and I hope u enjoy the journey.

I don’t check or change ph for the water used on my organic or supersoil grows. The soil ph doesn’t change whether I run 4 gallons or 400 gallons thru it. I’m on private well punched thru 400’ of granite its never been tested. I may run into some deficiencies now and again but overall my plants look pretty good.

I know there’s always room for improvement and ph may help me get dialed in further or it could make it worse for me. I just got burnout from chasing ph, riding the ph roller coaster and 5 minutes later I get a new reading that is different compared to the last 5 readings.

I don’t check ppm or ec either, I feed them fish ferts so thick & clumpy I slather it on with a trowel. Just kidding about the trowel but it’s probable more in the range of high parts per thousand and not in parts per million. To growers in other media like coco or hydro - this would be unacceptable.

Not saying you should try it, just saying there’s more than one way to skin a cat

Back
Top Bottom