3rd Grow: 1st Journal 2020: Indoor GR & Soil

Looking good! Are your pots light?

I say run them all lol.... More light = healthier and bigger plants/colas.
They were pretty light before watering.
They are sucking up the water now as stretch is starting.
I will try the new one first and see how temps rise .
I have a small portable AC unit if needed.
I will definitly have both lights up soon.

If you need room take the shop lights out. Those are only 50 watts each. Your smaller LED is more watts than those combined if you have to.
I ordered some auto flower gorilla glue seeds and I will move the strip lights back to the greenhouse and start those out there. The timing might work perfectly to finish this grow and then move the auto flowers into the grow room after harvesting this one .
Any issues with that plan ?

Only issue I see is your autos being ready to flower before those finish. I always try to plan it out but it seems for me im always still flowering when something needs to go in the flower room. I see so many early harvest on here due to people rushing/needing the room. The autos will be flowering in 30 days or less right? My Glookies is half Gorilla glue! Cant wait to finish her. Keep up the good work!

Only issue I see is your autos being ready to flower before those finish. I always try to plan it out but it seems for me im always still flowering when something needs to go in the flower room. I see so many early harvest on here due to people rushing/needing the room. The autos will be flowering in 30 days or less right? My Glookies is half Gorilla glue! Cant wait to finish her. Keep up the good work!
Flipped the lights a week tomorrow.
7 to 9 weeks for harvest , maybe , if everything goes well .
Might start AF’s toward end of week 7 or so ?
You make a good point Hunter.

Yea just try and time it right! Thats why I built two rooms which went to three lol... I had one for flower and one for veg which quickly turned into two flower rooms so I had to build a veg room :laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo: . It gets addictive. So fun and such a cool hobby that really benefits and provides medicine.

[/QUOTE
Let There Be Light !
And there was light.
Amazing difference w/ the new guy.
So how far above canopy should I hang ?
Ending first week of flower.
I flipped both light switches on.
Full power.
Agree?

FBB5B1C9-3996-4A26-B347-FC815A0E1C6D.jpeg
1AB66DEF-739A-4FFD-935E-61C5E4601180.jpeg

I will let some of the other guys answer on distance for your LED, i have no idea. I would say for sure both switches switched on so you get the full 600 watts. I think Canadadoes has this light im sure he will let you know more about it! Looking GOOD with the new light!!! :yahoo:

Thanks brother. I didn’t realize ph was not a concern with soil grow.
Is that true ? I had some leaf issues early in my second grow and started adjusting ph and the issue went away. Someone on this site recommended I do that.
I will definitely check out your journal.
Not as much of a concern. Soil can help buffer a bit. I never hurts to check your ph before feeding.

@HunterNitro is correct, Run both switches all the time, I think the “stronger” button equates to almost half the wattage in that light (approx. 300w). I kept that light 18” from the canopy during flower and allowed the plant to grow to 12” before adjusting back to 18” (wether it was raising the light or tightening up on restraints). If it were me I’d take the shelf down and use the floor space under it

Question folks .
I see some mixed messages about flipping.
@Emilya led me in the right direction with watering and I read her take on flipping and a few others opinions.
I transferred to a 5 gal soft pot a couple weeks ago ( after uppotting 3 times ) and planning to stay with This size.
I have done some trimming , low stuff , over the last few weeks.
I plan on a flush right before flipping.
I have been doing LST & topping for 5 weeks.
Total darkness for 36 hrs before flipping.
What am I missing ??
No need for flushing and total darkness as far as I am concerned. When your plantst are the size you want them. (Understanding that they will continue to grow for the 1st 3 weeks of flower or so). You just change your timer to 12 amd 12. Simple as that. Mother nature does not flush or go dark for a couple days at a time. She simply provides less light each day.

No need for flushing and total darkness as far as I am concerned. When your plantst are the size you want them. (Understanding that they will continue to grow for the 1st 3 weeks of flower or so). You just change your timer to 12 amd 12. Simple as that. Mother nature does not flush or go dark for a couple days at a time. She simply provides less light each day.
That sure is common sense Head.
Thanks

Also, You have two hot spots that your shop lights are absorbing. Personnaly I would put up some reflective material and move the shop lights so your plants can get this light instead. Just things to think about!

1592501138417.png
I was thinking the same thing about shop lights.
I will go ahead and remove today.
I get some reflection from white paint on the drywall but a few sheets of
ridged foil insulation board would work.

Back
Top Bottom