3rd Grow - Mystery Bag Seed

snooper

I am a few weeks behind starting my journal for the third time. I sprouted ten of my fattest, healthiest, looking seeds from my recent stashes. To my surprise every seed took. The seedlings were dropped into a soil mix I use in small Jiffy Pots. I used only three 100w 65k to grow them. I lost track of just how long before I transplanted them into a larger pot, but what happen got me excited a little. Just before the transplant I notice my seedlings were sexing. Two of them had already began showing they were males. four of the others showed that they were females :)thumb:) . Since the day I put the remaining eight into larger pots the other plants look like they will turn out as female also. As of this post the eight are under 800w's of 65k now. I do plan on starting a feeding schedule using Fox Farms. Since the girls been under more light and 16 hours they are now vegging instead of flowering. I guess once they sprouted I kept them under twelve hours longer than I should have.

The new old hood

16735.jpg

22394.jpg

Into veg now but showed pistils after being kept under twelve hours of light for a week more than I wanted.
31922.jpg

41482.jpg

It appears now that my babies have gone back into vegging. There's new growth expanding everyday. I recently switched to using Fox Farm Grow Big after some reading. I plan on using their products for flowering as well.

51212.jpg

61048.jpg

I cut down the number of plants to just six. I'm pretty sure they will all turn out female. I moved one pot outside that contains two seedlings in the same pot. I'm not sure about one of them, but I think it'll turn out to be a male. But under the hood, it all looks good so far.

7877.jpg

Once I get caught up, perhaps later in the day, I'll be adding 4 32w 65k tubes for light beneath my plants. This seemed to really help me.

Updating my progress. after roughly 6-7 weeks since I started my seedlings. I broke down and purchased a quart of Fox Farm Grow Big. I perform my 3rd feeding with it this morning. I am happy so far and so are the babies. As mention in my post earlier my babies started showing sex after leaving them under 12 hours for a week longer than I should have. Two of the girls have been pushing hairs since I switched to 18 hours. Last grow I had a problem with the heat I think. I took care of it this time with an AC off the side of my room. It definitely makes a difference for me. Another week and I'll be turning on the flower bulbs and adding the other FFBB and Guano mixture. Oh I can wait, it ought to smell wonderful!

IMG_387014.jpg

A step back in front of my hood

IMG_387211.jpg

To my left, one plant looks like it's missing something?

IMG_387115.jpg

And to my right, the two plants on the left of this photo has some crazy twisting and leaf growth going on. I'm guessing it had everything to do with the plant going into flower to early.

Fox Farm, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Sledgehammer came today, now planning to raise my pots and frame in a SOG net. Once my lights are switched over flowering will begin.

In preparation for flowering I raised my pot base and added some white siding for more light reflection underneath my canopy. I'm excited to switch over the lights and begin adding my Fox Farm flower nutes that just arrived. Here's a look into my tub I converted to my grow area.
8741.jpg

My babies are responding well.
10660.jpg

I mentioned in my last post I wanted to SOG my babies, but I couldn't help bending them over a little to prepare them for the netting.

111225.jpg

Well things are going good. The inside area above the tub is almost completely filled in. I think I've done enough manicuring for now. I have a co2 box kit I plan on using once the budding starts. Here's a couple phot's of the male plant I had going outside.
IMG_392512.jpg

It got nice and tall quick but couldn't wait to expose itself!
IMG_393015.jpg

So I've settled all my girls into 9" pots. So it began with jiffy pellets, then into 2" peat pots, then 7" pots up to the conversion to flowering. I'm using my Fox Farm Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom now. For flushing I've been using H2O and Sledgehammer. I'm happy and thankful for all the information here that I've used to establish what I've grown so far. My next investment will be a pocket microscope.

So here's a few more taken this morning!
This one is across the room showing my canopy under the hood, notice the warm glow of 27K :yummy:
141030.jpg

151012.jpg

16760.jpg

Just to mention one thing I almost forgot. I added an air conditioner to keep the room cooler this year. It's definitely one of the most important things to do.

Well, into day 11 now of my flower cycle and all looks good except for a little issue with fungus gnats. I found a few more flying around the canopy and got concerned that I'd soon be infested. I misunderstood when it came to composting my weed waste. I've been chopping my pickings down and mixing it to the topsoil of each plant. Needless to say I found out the hard way it was something I should not do. I started some addition of H2o2, sticky tape, and apple cider vinegar with a few drops of dish washing soap. So far all three methods are working good, especially the tape and soap/vinegar solution. Using my Fox Farm nutes with good results so far.

Sticky tape, vinegar and soap for my gnats
20227.jpg

So far two cups of solution seems to be catching fungus gnats
19248.jpg

I'll be checking for maggots to make sure the H2O2 drenches worked
17286.jpg

But looks like they enjoy the H2O2
18270.jpg

Great looking bag seed grow. Your plants are very healthy and consistent. Looks like a very stable strain for seeds that came from a bag.

I'm sure you'll have some good smoke coming your way. I will have to watch as I cut my teeth on bag seed as many others here did.

:thumb:

Thanks GG, I'm surprised as well of the results from germination to today also. Especially since it cost next to nothing to set my tub up for this with the CFL's. I need to study this stuff closely, learning as I go. If it ever become okay to legally grow I'll make the investment to up-grade to more professional and reliable means, but for now this set up takes up a lot of time. My last two grows I depended on MGRG and MGB for nutes. I changed the plain soil mix without any built in nutes. I recently bought a PH meter tha helps me correct the PH before feeding. And I am using the Fox Farm nutes for now. Next thing to purchase is a pocket magnifier for getting up close and personal with my frosting buds. I got to figure out how to get the links to these post to show my progress or failure.

I have used the FF nutes for a long time. I tried a different brand last purchase and haven't got the best results. I'm switching back to FF trio. For dirt I'm currently using 4-parts Promix BH, 1-part worm castings, 1-part extra perlite. I like keeping it simple.

I use a micro viewer from Radio Shack that I've had for many years. Great for judging the trich come harvest time. Here is something comparable on eBay: Micro Viewer

Day 24 Flower-Gnats, get them while you can. Apple vinegar, lemon zest, and water for one. Sticky tape, used some acrylic yellow paint on the back side of sticky tape, yellow does attract although just hanging them on the sides of the containers work just as good. Diatomaceous Earth, and good coating to turn the topsoil white. I waited a few days before watering, if they came up for air all nice and slimy, this stuff shreds them, the slimier the better. And finally towards the end I placed a portable bug zapp-ahh nearby. Such a sound the echo off the tub wall :thumb

Day 24 flower with gnat juice, zapper, tape below the canopy

211022.jpg

22431.jpg

And some of the top work so far has been paying off. Multiple bud sites popping out everywhere.

23241.jpg

25198.jpg

Day 34 Flower-Here's where I'm at

IMG_402315.jpg

I've been busy catching up for now, just water, feed, and watch them grow from here on out. The gnats are in check, but then came the thrips. After a thorough scrubbing I think I got on top of it quickly. The containers, seven of them, are tied into the hand woven screen I made for myself. My topsoil is covered with stone now, the same stone which lines the bottom of the containers. All this extra stuff will help keep the garden clean now.
IMG_401812.jpg

IMG_401213.jpg

IMG_401116.jpg

And some of the growth now tied down
IMG_402013.jpg

IMG_40259.jpg

Day 45 Flower-I think I was having some issues with either heat or lock up. But after adding more light and flushing things seem to be sprouting again. There is 1000w's at 27k and 400w's at 65k. I'm learning less is better with the FF nutes. A few more flushes and laying back in the future plans. I started blending in only 1/8 tsp of Cha-Ching. Many of the buds are now frosty or getting there.

In addition to more light under the hood I added 150w's 27k to the sides for now, big help!

IMG_403710.JPG

Most of the bud sites are tie to the mesh

IMG_403810.JPG

IMG_403912.JPG

One of the buds showing some fresh growth.

bucu.jpg

Looking great buddy, that's a sweet bagseed adventure if I've ever seen one. Hats off to ya, good job on finding the right dosage for nutes, it can be troublesome at first to say the least. I'll stick around for the final few weeks to see how this wraps up, keep up the good work and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Well I am beginning to flush the girls for picking. I started late, causing me to finish late. I'm happy with amount of bud I got for the third time. Here's a shot of the canopy now. I'm hoping the election results turns out for legalization in the state. No more hiding behind blacked out windows.
IMG_412511.JPG

This time around I thought I'd have seven plants, but one turned hermie on me. The rest of the six plants seems to have three different strains. One is skunky strong, one is woodsy, one is piney, and three remaining have a nice citrus, lemon scent. The last three also seems to have more trich's for that snowy look.
IMG_413210.JPG

IMG_413111.JPG

IMG_413013.JPG

So I'll soon be snipping, I'll finish when the last bud hangs. Cost so far has just been for the lights and some of the nutes. There's no fancy equipment, except for my PH pen, but wait!

Day 89 Flower-Some buds I've snipping off the vines, still more to come. Some sluggish flushing going on.
IMG_413312.jpg

IMG_414714.jpg

IMG_41505.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom