Mystery Bag Madness

snooper

Second Grow

From a bag that had heavy highs I saved all the seeds I could separate. When I decide to go ahead and grow I took out six of the largest and plump seeds from the batch. I had some Jiffy Peat pellets left over from starting some garden plants so I used them instead of placing them between tissue and water.
It wasn't long after placing the saturated pellets on the window sill that my seeds of wonder emerged. All six broke through together and hungry for light. Before I knew it my little babies started growing beyond control and I realized I had to do something quick.
So I broke out the light contraption from my first attempt and put it back to use. It's shown here with the first plant I ever grew. She was my lucky seed. The first and only plant I ever started and I was blessed with a girl. She sat outside for a few months. After discovering her little hairs I took her in after counting over fifteen bud sites over the top of her. I brought her in and kept her warm and cozy under 400w's of 2700 cfl's for 10 weeks.

11997.jpg

So I change over to 6500k's, Five 100w cfl's. I brought my babies up into the light. Once they reached about two inches in height I moved them into four inch peat pots. I took the pellets and dropped them right down to the bottom of the pots and covered them in Miracle Grow Potting mix. I then added the fan.

IMG_229117.JPG

Since then I transplanted my babies to four inch pots, then into seven inch square pots. They grew really fast and strong under just the five lights. My grow area is in a shower tub combination and it's pretty white for the light to reflect and bounce around. Up until this point all I been using was Miracle Grow Plant Food. I'm trying to stay simple and basic. I added two four foot t8 32w 6500k's for vegging at this point. Right now I don't care about quality, this is all a test. If I succeed, great I'll enjoy the harvest, if not so be it, I'll still test negative.

It appears my babies are an Indica strain from what I have learned here so far. My fan leaves are nice and plump, just like the seeds I sprouted.

IMG_22949.JPG

Looking from the left and right I got some good healthy plants, and I'm really not trying at all. Not bad for just using basic growing equipment.

IMG_229211.JPG

IMG_229013.JPG

Earlier Today when I began this post I had already pulled out this plant from the five indoors. I switched over to flower a week ago. I have two 150w's and a single 100w 2700k cfl's in the top hood. Below, just above the pot line, I have a two four foot t8's on both sides. Each assembly has one 6500k 32w bulb and a 3000k 32w bulb. I change the timers to run 12 on 12 off now. Out of the five plants, this one, which broke my heart to pull, has to go I guess. It has balls already. I read here that the male plant would or could show earlier before the female plant. I hope this is a good sign because the four others don't look like this one. I do have my suspicions about one more in the bunch, so I hope I get at least three females out of the five inside.

mbm3.jpg

From what I could tell it's a male plant, the clusters are the tell-tale sign. My first plant last year had the two little hairs, not these little clusters. By the time this post was read by any of you this plant will be compost material.

mbm1.jpg

mbm2.jpg

Last year's plant at flower time

g115.jpg

g310.jpg

As soon as the lights came on this morning I peeked in to check on my babies, down to four. What a wonderful surprise! I'm now the proud father of a baby girl. One out of the four now has hairs! I'm glad one is at least female. Only a day after chopping down an obviously male this one appeared. Now only three to go and the one outside which is still veg'n.

mbm4.jpg

Another view of another site

mbm5.jpg

It's day seven in flower. My lighting must be good. My plants look nice and healthy. I think now I'll seal the room up tighter and practice singing and playing my guitar for them. If you read this far how soon can I add molasses? I did it last year to my girl and I really think it made a difference.
:happy-birthday: :Namaste:

Whoa! Looks like four girls inside and the one outside looks promising to fem out also. Not bad, 5 out of 6 seeds female. Luck or did I just do something right? I got bud sites popping out everywhere!

I'm now into day 12 of flowering, with bud sites popping out everywhere, I'm having some issues with a couple of my girls. I think it has something to do with the heat and watering. No more soaking each plant. I think when I potted them I had a little or less than soil between pots. When I potted the five originally I also added some worm castings and mix in the bottom of the pots. Here's three photo's of my two best plants for now, but all four are sprouting. I also removed some bad leaves and began pumping air into the roots with a an aquarium pump. It's amazing how quick the plants respond to a little tlc.

p321.jpg

p239.jpg

p141.jpg

These are all on top. There's many more inside the canopy and sides. For now the buds are appearing with nice lemony yellow and black hairy thingy's, not so bad with odor yet.

Day 14 into flower, here's my favorite looking bud site, but I'll admit it's been a little rocky with some burn, got worried, but things look like they are rebounding.

p142.jpg

p240.jpg

p322.jpg

Just got my monthly energy report from the power company. Ha, CFL's do work! I'm using 10% less energy than my energy efficient neighbors....:high-five: :bravo:

Well it's week three today into my flower cycle. I've picked up quite a bit of knowledge. One plant caught a good nute burn. It took a couple fresh water flushes and some air pumping into her roots to clear her up. My four girls are on a 11 on 13 off cycle now. I got buds popping out all over! Early this morning when I turned on the lights I gave my four sweet hearts some Grandma's Unsulphered Molasses for the first time. I'll do this to the end every other week.

It's week 3 and four days into my flowering cycle. My four girls are doing great! As BASIC as I'm trying to be I'm getting great results. Thanks to some great advice here my sick little girl recovered and she's now full of buds. This weekend I cut out some foliage under the canopies of two plants as an experiment. The other two I left alone. I say my results are 50-50 so far but one plant has a really nice cone going. Also, I have trichomes beginning to show :cheesygrinsmiley:

Here's some current results

we1.jpg

we3.jpg

Here's the one that looked so bad I thought I was going to ditch her, it just took a couple flushes with plain water.

we2.jpg

It's now 4 weeks and a day into flowering. What a journey. Up in the morning to wake them up, later in the day to tuck them in. I love my plants! They have been so much fun growing. I can't help to take photo's of their upbringing. To keep up with my BASIC growing promise to myself and experiment, I took a cutting from way down low, actually two cuttings from way down low. I stuck them into some saturated Miracle Grow Potting Mix that I've used right along. So far they look like they are drinking up. I'll keep them close to the light bay for now, but then I'll put them under the 6500k bulbs again at 16 hours. Nothing fancy, no costly cloning gel, just hopes and prayers.
So here's some updated photo's.........

My best looking plant at the moment, her cones are turning out nice, well I think so..

we42.jpg

we43.jpg

And then there's some others that look promising...

we6.jpg

we5.jpg

we47.jpg

I tried to get in close on this one to show the Trichomes forming.....

we41.jpg

Week 4/2, I've been looking down on the following plant since her birth. I could tell she was doing okay but she was down low for her size. Two of my four are about 12 inches shorter than the other two. I decide to raise this one up closer to the hood I made. What a surprise I got when I did. I honestly did not realize how pretty this one really was. So obviously I had to get some photo's. There's two koala's at the moment that deserve mention. Here they are. First is the back one, second is the cluster in the front.

we4a.jpg

we4b.jpg

I can't imagine what they'll all look like in four more weeks if this keeps up like this. If I could snap my fingers and have cured, dry, bud, ready to smoke, I'd have more for my money now than what it's cost me so far to grow this much. Isn't that just amazing.......

If I get a chance I'll grab some pic's of the plant outside. It's keeping my tomato's company :green_heart:

Week 4/3, Earlier I checked in on my girls. Looking at them I began to see slight differences in their appearances. I've been noticing when I water that two of the four are always lighter than the other two. I'm assuming when I potted them I added a little more extra worm castings to the mix and packed the heavier ones with more MGPS. My watering cycles have been consistent now with plain water twice, then water and molasses, then back to plain water. My buds are growing and filling in nicely, much better than my first plant I grew. The two plants I trimmed down somewhat last week, the heavier potted ones, just seemed to be growing a little behind the other two. So I took out my soil meter and took a reading from all four pots.
The two lighter ones, the ones with the better growth, bud wise, are right on the money. Now when I took readings from the heavier potted plants I almost cried. I got two readings in the high 7's on the ph, and I do mean high :thedoubletake:. Health wise the plants look great, buds growing all over and no sign of high ph problems I've worried about. So I took to some reading and went along grabbing my test strips and vinegar bottle. I added a teaspoon to one gallon of my water and flushed both pots with just a half gallon each. This got both readings for each pot right on a ph of 6. I'm suspecting the extra juice from the castings is what caused the ph to climb. I'll be keeping an eye on them now. I should see a change in bud growth to the good I figure.

these look just fantastic!!!

Week 4/5. Lifted the hood to take these today. Made some adjustments to the ph on two plants. I'm suspecting the worm castings might have something to do with the balance being off with them compared to the other two pots. I know I added extra when I repotted.
They get heavier after watering as well. Thing to remember!
So far the two on the left, which I pruned out pretty much seem to be catching up to the ones I didn't thin, hmmm.
My cuttings seem to be holding good, I see new growth popping out already. I'm going to move them into a veg cycle pretty soon, just got to figure out where to put them :hmmmm:

w45c.jpg

w45d.jpg

w45b.jpg

And the cutting I took from below the canopy on one of the plants, first photo is the first two, second has three stems.

w45e.jpg

w45f.jpg

Week 5. Yesterday I spent some time making sure my ph was in the right range on my plants. I flushed my outside plant and was able to get a picture of it. I cleared out a lot of the growth under the canopy and played around with the top by trying to super crop it according to the directions in the forum. It does look good up close and this plant has a lot of female characteristics. It'll be a nice surprise. I guess it's safe to say it's still in a veg cycle being outside. I'm hoping I'll have some room by the time the inside plants mature to bring this one inside for flowering if it's a female.

IMG_245512.jpg

Back
Top Bottom