WaVancouver's Mystery Seed Grow (Finally, PICS!)

WaVancouver

DAY 14

335951794_388856b6b5.jpg

335943786_99abef5914.jpg

Well, here are my babies. They are all germinated from mystery bagseed. I have no clue what strain they are or if they are indica or stativa. In these photos, they are 14 days old. I'm so proud that I actually took time to take pictures so i can finally show you guys! I am vegging in 100watt CFLs ( 2 of them ) for another week and then I am switching to 300watt. I have given a very low dose of nutes for the first time today. It's strange that all the plants that I have are exactly 9 inches today. So for 2-week old plants, 9 inches is pretty good. It probably means that in 2 additional weeks, I can have an 18 inch plant that I can start to flower!

How do you think my growing is going so far?

Hard to tell that young, they look good! I see slight edge of leaves curling upwards which indicates several possibilties to be careful for, Most common is heat, try to keep temp. between 72-78 degrees fairenheit, and it could be they need those nutrients that you are starting may remedy that! they look light green meaning they need some nitrogen from fertilizer, you can always add a teaspoon of Epson Salt (magnesium) to a gallon of water and that gets the green darker. As far as what kind telling you anything at this point would be a lie, I have seen mine look like a 100% indica variety with extremely wide leaves little wider than those at that age and they ended up being a cross between a sativa and indica. Only time will tell, but many have found good strains out of simple bag seed from their favorite smoke! so you may find an exotic strain you might want to keep the mother alive to take clones from in the future! deffinetly consider using a 400 watt HID well worth the money and the return will pay for the light first harvest TRUST ME! thats what I used my very first crop 18 years ago.
Good luck and keep up the ggod work! also buy one good book like Indoor Marijuana Horticultur by Jorge Cervante or Ed Rosenthals Indoor growing book! it is worth its weight in gold from the knowledge it will provide you, I still find myself sometimes looking back through it for something. But light is number uno!

BBD

Yeah, it finally got some nutes, today!
3 days ago I got a thermometer and I brought a fan into the closet to cool down the temperatures.

I frogot to tell you, try not to start young plants in metal containers! specially a coffee can like that one it is in with the lip on the top, because it makes it that much harder to transplant when it gets root bound hard to cut metal without harming fragile hair roots! easier to cut plastic like half of a Milk Jug or even use styrofoam cups and hand break them apart when you transplant into something bigger. It's just less stress on the plant and keeps your babies healthy.

BBD

I frogot to tell you, try not to start young plants in metal containers! specially a coffee can like that one it is in with the lip on the top, because it makes it that much harder to transplant when it gets root bound hard to cut metal without harming fragile hair roots! easier to cut plastic like half of a Milk Jug or even use styrofoam cups and hand break them apart when you transplant into something bigger. It's just less stress on the plant and keeps your babies healthy.

BBD

I was thinking about the whole metal coffee things too! I might transplant them into their 3-gallon buckets tomorrow. So with the fan, the new dose of nutes, and new buckets Im sure they will lookk much better soon.

So do they look rather normal for 14 day old plants?

The fan is great! it will make the stems get harder to help support the plant, just don't have it on to high all the time, I use mine on low and it rotates. but that is an added plus, you are doing the right things. this is a great forum for help also, I didn't have this when I started, I just had a book and some trial and error.

BBD

Those look very good for 14 day old plants! they look very clean and bug free. the streching is not bad at all for only a 100 watt bulb. I would be proud also. just think what a 400 watt bulb would do for them! I have to move my reflectors up every night 1 inch.

BBD

I was real worried that I had real small and stunted plants because sometimes I see pictures of just 4 day old seedlings that look like my plant on this site, lol! I heard that HID's cost more per watt than flouros even though they are the same wattage. For example, at 7.4 cents per Kwh it would cost me an extra $10.28 or so a month to run my 100watt for 24 hours a day. But I heard somehow HID's cost more. Is that true? I can't understand why.

I was real worried that I had real small and stunted plants because sometimes I see pictures of just 4 day old seedlings that look like my plant on this site, lol! I heard that HID's cost more per watt than flouros even though they are the same wattage. For example, at 7.4 cents per Kwh it would cost me an extra $10.28 or so a month to run my 100watt for 24 hours a day. But I heard somehow HID's cost more. Is that true? I can't understand why.

Yes they do cost more to run, but cheaper to buy! but you can't beat the growth rate they produce with a flouresent, I just bought the New Wave T5 8 X 54watt bulbs to keep some hybrid female mothers alive for cloning, they are good for seedlings and veg growth, but when it comes to flowering nothing beats the HID's specially the HPS for flowering the plant. I guess if one has the money buy a T5 like I just did except get 8 bulbs at 3000k for flowering and get 6500k bulbs with it for veg. growth. I run 6 X 600 watt HPS lights and it cost about 54.00 a month per bulb during a 10-12 hour flower period. but the yield returns are well worth the expense.
By the way I have not figured out how to upload pictures to this forum yet? is that a paying member feature only or am I missing something here?

BBD

347485087_f222ca7bc9.jpg

Day 15
Another plant that I had transplanted previous into a new container

I think those indica dominant Cannabis plants look pretty healthy and happy bro. Transplanting directly to the largest container is not necessarily the best way to go. You have a harder time regulating moisture since you're watering a large amount of dirt that the plant isn't using. They can become rootbound before they are mature. Check out Racefan's recent post:

Keeping your light close is what will keep your internodes tight. That and your enviroment (temps). By going directly to a large container you will slow top growth and end up with a root bound plant faster than if you worked up to 5 gal. containers over a couple of transplants. Nothing worse than watching a plant yellow and wither at 5 weeks into 12/12 because they are overly root bound and while I've done it, it's a pain in the ass to transplant a 6 foot tall plant from a 5 gallon pail into a bigger container just to finish a grow.

I think those indica dominant Cannabis plants look pretty healthy and happy bro. Transplanting directly to the largest container is not necessarily the best way to go. You have a harder time regulating moisture since you're watering a large amount of dirt that the plant isn't using. They can become rootbound before they are mature. Check out Racefan's recent post:

When I transplanted them, the plant itself had about a 6 inch root system already started. I planted it in the 5 gallon bucket which probably wasn't really smart but it's doing great. One of my plants that I hadn't looked in a good 7 hours sprouted 3 small, un-folded leaves from the top. It's amazing how quick they grow!

347493637_f965159d8c.jpg

one of my girls just a few hours ago

You must own a top notch camera and possess quite the steady arm if you're able to get shots that pretty there mate :cheesygrinsmiley:
Looking good btw, keep it up!

i try, i try...lol

Awwww... They're so cute! Love the coffee can planter!

I transplanted them into bigger and better pots. They have been on 3 days of flowering now and have gotten more bigger and bushier. I shall post more pics up in a few moments!!

ONLY 2 DAYS AFTER I LAST POSTED PICTURES!!

347502112_0411a0df2d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom