Seeds - Seeds and More Seeds

Sonzor, they look cute... little christmas trees. Reminds me of Charley Browns Christmas tree. They look beautiful, good catch on the low ph. :welldone:

Can never have too many FM seeds, Congrats! The real thin one must be the mystery one?

They look pretty frosty my man, look forward to the next set of pics.

Thanks siscokid, they are some tiny little things but will do for now, thanks for hanging around and your comments.

Hi sonzor, sorry I'm late. Didn't realize you had started another journal.

I missed your great outdoor pics. Already loaded with trichs right to the leaf tips, man that fuzzy look gets me.
I'm sure they'll all fill in nicely, some heavy growth starting on a few of them. Good luck staying ahead of the critters. And getting the nutes tweaked. Your tea's seemed to do a great job without any additions so ypu probably need to go pretty light on the store bought nutrients.

Good luck on the seed run. From the sound of things you're well on the way to a bumper crop of seeds.

:nicethread:

+reps if I can.

Thanks for stopping in Mmmmick, things are moving along, actually the 2 full moon seeds plants and the full moon are finished but will get into that next post. Good to have you around... Thanks for the comments..

Sonzor, If I may ask a question? About how long does it take once pollenated for seeds to develop and mature? I have pollen from Alice who threw some nanners right before harvest. and Sassy who is 40 days into flower. Would love to have some seeds from the combination of strains. Wonder if I have time?
Love your pictures!

Hello, Tmac12 thanks for stopping in. I have only done this seed thing twice and have pulled the plants when the others I was growing where finished so to answer your question. From experience it was around 30 to 40 days but probably could have been pulled a couple weeks sooner. As for what I have read seeds after pollination take 14 to 35 to mature.

If I where you I would carefully pollinate one of you lower buds and even if the seeds are not mature you could harvest the rest of the plant and leave the pollinated bud a bit longer to finish. Just a thought..

Thanks for stopping in and your comments

What's up boys and girls,

we are going to jump ahead a little to around week 8, has been a little busy with the holidays and I have neglected my journal just a bit.

Ok the Full Moons have been pulled.
The Full Moon that was not pollinated has some pretty frosty, dense nugs. With that said, they are tiny. A lot smaller than I thought but they where put on 12, 12 pretty much from seed so I was not expecting too much and seeds where my goal. They are about 40 amber 60 cloudy which is pretty darn close to how I like them.

full_moon01_wk9_1.jpg

full_moon01_wk9_2.jpg

full_moon01_wk9_3.jpg

The two Full Moons that where pollinated look like they will be providing me a pretty good haul as far as quantity of seeds. We will see after the dry and cure for the exact count. But looking good so far.

Sorry went kind of crazy on the amount of photos.

full_moon02_wk9_1.jpg

full_moon02_wk9_2.jpg

full_moon02_wk9_3.jpg

full_moon02_wk9_4.jpg

full_moon02_wk9_5.jpg

full_moon02_wk9_6.jpg

full_moon02_wk9_7.jpg

full_moon02_wk9_10.jpg

full_moon02_wk9_11.jpg

full_moon02_wk9_12.jpg

full_moon02_wk9_13.jpg

full_moon02_wk9_14.jpg

full_moon02_wk9_15.jpg

full_moon02_wk9_16.jpg

full_moon02_wk9_9.jpg

Also we had some issue with those darn bud worms. Thought I would avoid those during the winter months but I was wrong. Here is a pic or those evil bastards..

worms_wk9_1.jpg

The LBH is doing ok, just have to fight off those little devil worms. Sorry about the blurry pic, was in a hurry and did not have time to go retake the photo.

lbh01_wk9_1.jpg

lbh01_wk9_2.jpg

The Mystery also is doing ok, actually I can't believe a got her to go this far. A couple signs of seeds. I think I pollinated her a bit early but 10 or so seeds would be just fine if I can get that. She smells wonderful. All the plants where started at the same time so its amazing to me what a difference in size the LBH and the Mystery are compared to the Full Moons and I would think the LBH and the Mystery have at the very least a couple weeks to go. So, the LBH and Mystery stretch 3 to 4 times as much and take at the very least a couple weeks more to finish.

mystery01_wk9_01.jpg

mystery01_wk9_02.jpg

Thanks all for taking the time to take a look and for all your comments...

Hi sonzor :)
Just caught up. Looking good Buddy.:grinjoint: Seeds you shall have and I think they will be good ones. Great pictures as usual. :thumb:

I was thinking of you just the other day. Glad your doing this, I know how you love to grow. As you can see.....many of us want to do the same thing.
Great job! :)

You can never have to many pictures IMHO! All wonderfully frosty!

I pollinated one lower bud on Sassy today. Will let you know how it goes!

Very nice Tmac12, hope it works out well for you. Let me know, I will be interested to see how long those seeds take to ripen. Good luck and thanks for stopping in and you comments..

Hi sonzor :)
Just caught up. Looking good Buddy.:grinjoint: Seeds you shall have and I think they will be good ones. Great pictures as usual. :thumb:

I was thinking of you just the other day. Glad your doing this, I know how you love to grow. As you can see.....many of us want to do the same thing.
Great job! :)

Whats up OMM, hope you are feeling much better. I know you where pretty sick for a while there. Good to see you up and around. I am also glad to get to grow again. Even though I am keeping is small, I still get my growing fix in and get to converse with all of you.. Thanks for stopping in and you comments...

Great pics sonzor and it looks like a nice load of seeds. That bud worm pic is as close as I want to get to those things. I've been lucky so far, only a few gnats.

Great pics sonzor and it looks like a nice load of seeds. That bud worm pic is as close as I want to get to those things. I've been lucky so far, only a few gnats.

Hello, Mmmmick, thank for the compliment, Won't no for sure how many seeds until I brake those buds up but hoping for 50 or so. The worms are a pain the the butt but It could be worse, some day I will figure these things out.. Thanks for stopping in and your comments.

Seeds, used to hate them things! Now paying big bucks for them...:) Great going :cheer:

Hello siscokid, Never minded a couple seeds here and there but a sack full back in the day was sometimes all the weed I could get. How times have changes. Thanks for stopping in and your comments are always appreciated.

looks like fun man. how many seeds do you think you will get? how do they smoke? bummer about he bud worms cant blame them tho hahaha :tokin:

What's up falcore, Its always a lot of fun except when the man rears its ugly head. Don't smoke them, plants where just for seeds but I will be making butter out of whats left after I take out all the seeds in a few days.

I am hoping for around 50 but we will see. I cant blame them either I just with they where not so greedy, those things can destroy a plant in no time flat and the grow so fast. From a little tiny thing to about 2 inches in a few weeks. And those big ones can destroy a decent size cola in no time. Got to find a way to control these little things. Thanks for your comments and stopping in...

Azamax says you can use it for budworms and all sorts of caterpillars. BT ...

Now it is to late for this idea but maybe plant cabbage or brocolli near your grow. Let them do there thing there.

Azamax says you can use it for budworms and all sorts of caterpillars. BT ...

Now it is to late for this idea but maybe plant cabbage or brocolli near your grow. Let them do there thing there.

Thanks Tmac12, I do use Azamax, it works for a couple days and then I have to spray again. I do my best not to spray my plants with anything but sometimes it is something I have to do and azamax is a pretty safe product. Cost a pretty penny but has its place for sure.

As for the cabbage or broc. idea, I will keep that in mind for a future grow for sure, but I do think these worms just love bud. I think they are going to go for the green every time.

Thanks for the advise.

What's up boys and girls,

A little update, took the three Full Moons down, dried and cured. Took out all the seeds from the 2 Full Moons. I was hoping for 50 I got 350 so that a pretty good result from such small little plants.

LB_MoonHaze_seeds_1.jpg

LB_MoonHaze_seeds_2.jpg

The Mystery is finally showing signs of seeds so I will let her go another couple weeks and hopefully get a few seeds from her. She is getting very top heavy and started to bend over, if it get any worse I will stake her.

Mysterey01_wk10_1.jpg

Mysterey01_wk10_2.jpg

The LB Haze is just about finished I would think a week maybe I will keep a close eye on her and wait for a few more ambers to show.

LBHaze01_wk10_1.jpg

LBHaze01_wk10_2.jpg

Thanks all for stopping in and all your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated

Nice job on the Full Moon seeds sonzor, 350 should keep you busy for a while.:thumb: Sounds like the Mystery is carrying a load!

That LBH bud looks like a tasty treat. nice fuzz.:cheer:

Sonzor,
Love the fact that you are breeding your own. Are you going to try and stabilize the cross or is it just for stock? On any note they look good brother. I'll be here.

Nice job on the Full Moon seeds sonzor, 350 should keep you busy for a while.:thumb: Sounds like the Mystery is carrying a load!

That LBH bud looks like a tasty treat. nice fuzz.:cheer:

Thanks, I am pretty stoked on the 350 I was a little surprised and the mystery is carrying a load a load of seeds I hope.
Thanks for stopping in and your comments..

Sonzor,
Love the fact that you are breeding your own. Are you going to try and stabilize the cross or is it just for stock? On any note they look good brother. I'll be here.

Thanks Velodrone, Its funny you brought the stabilizing up. I have 10 little ones of the LB Haze that I am going to pick the strongest male and female and make some seeds off that. I don't think with LB Haze it will make that much of a difference. The 5 or 6 I have grown seem to be all pretty much the same and pretty good I might add.

I will take 12 of the LB Moon Hazes and take two of the strongest females and try my hand at female seeds again. Will let you know how that goes but it will not be for a month or so.. I am hoping I get the LB taste and high with a little shorter flowering time. The full moon is around 8 weeks and the LB haze is more like 10 to 14.. we will see how it all works out.

Thanks for stopping in and your comments.

sonzor said:
Thanks Velodrone, Its funny you brought the stabilizing up. I have 10 little ones of the LB Haze that I am going to pick the strongest male and female and make some seeds off that. I don't think with LB Haze it will make that much of a difference. The 5 or 6 I have grown seem to be all pretty much the same and pretty good I might add.

I will take 12 of the LB Moon Hazes and take two of the strongest females and try my hand at female seeds again. Will let you know how that goes but it will not be for a month or so.. I am hoping I get the LB taste and high with a little shorter flowering time. The full moon is around 8 weeks and the LB haze is more like 10 to 14.. we will see how it all works out.

Sounds good! Any thoughts of going one more generation to really open the genetics up!

Back
Top Bottom