First Timer, Any Suggestions?

Sh*t, man i can say only this:all your plants are fat-ass bud makers! super waiting any next grow!

Thanks, Already working on it, A few clones and have some seeds sprouting, I will start a new journal as soon as I can complete this one. The SLH is giving me some issues and the hot weather is not helping out. But as soon as that plant finishes I will close this one and start posting on the new one. Thanks for you comments and being a part of this journal.

Just read your journal and now my eyes hurt, Awesome job man I hope mine turn out half as good. :peace:

I am sure you plants are going to turn out great. They look nice and healthy and are going to produce some big, thick bud for you, Im sure of it. Thanks for stopping in and you comments...

Those Papaya pics have my pulse elevated! ;)

Thanks for stopping in and you comments. That papaya was a great plant.

Here is my first attempt at utilizing my trim. I decided to go the Gumby rout and I did not post the process because obxgardener and 420fied did a great job on there journals explaining the process. So here it is. It dried out to be 37.4 grams. I have no idea if that is good, bad, so so or what since I have very little experience with hash. So any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I made it from all of my left over leaves and bud. Not sure how much all the leaves weighed but had about half a trash bag full. It was fully dry and am not sure using fully dried leaves and bud was a good idea or not. I did notice from the example movie I watched that the hash in the movie turned black and was very smooth. Mine as you can see in the picture is a dark brown and is not smooth at all. It is also hard as a rock. I remember in my younger days I bought some hash that was soft, almost like Plato or Silly Puddy if you get what I am saying. So again any information would be much appreciated...

Take a look 37.4 Gram Hash Ball
hash_ball.jpg

Bubble hash that has been filtered thru various sized (in microns) sized bags. I believe that this is the reason for the different textures.

Thanks BWC BayArea, Much appreciated. But the Vid I saw made it the same way I did, not bags just filtered through a strainer and gravity did the rest. The only thing the guy in the vidio did not explain or show was what he did when he was drying that made it so smooth or black.

Believe or not I came across a lot of those vids on making hash in my early days of educating myself, just never watched them. Need to learn how to grow the bud first Right? Now my girlfriend just saw your hash ball and is wanting me to try it.:peace:

Hey sonzor.... next time throw your trim into the freezer for 2-3 days as soon as it's cut and put into trash bags. Then take it out and put it straight into the icewater. This will harden the resin glands so that they fall off more easily and that's what we want. I imagine the dry leaves that you used were not ideal but your hash ball looks quite tasty!

Let us know how it smokes! Mine turned out to be pretty darn good and I hope yours is as well. Great stuff here as always.

Believe or not I came across a lot of those vids on making hash in my early days of educating myself, just never watched them. Need to learn how to grow the bud first Right? Now my girlfriend just saw your hash ball and is wanting me to try it.:peace:

Thanks for the comments and I am sure your plants are going to do great. Can not wait to watch them grow into fine young ladies. If we lived in a different time I would send it to you. It was something I wanted to try but I love buds and am not a big fan of hash, I will see if there is some sort of recipe you can use the hash for so I can try something new.

Hey sonzor.... next time throw your trim into the freezer for 2-3 days as soon as it's cut and put into trash bags. Then take it out and put it straight into the icewater. This will harden the resin glands so that they fall off more easily and that's what we want. I imagine the dry leaves that you used were not ideal but your hash ball looks quite tasty!

Let us know how it smokes! Mine turned out to be pretty darn good and I hope yours is as well. Great stuff here as always.

Thanks 420 your comments are always a great addition and very helpful. Yes, I think drying them out was a mistake. I think I got a lot of veg. in the ball since the dry bud and leaf breaks down very small and goes through the strainer.

I am not sure if I will smoke any of it or not. As I remember from my younger days I was not very fond of hash. The buds I do have from my grow kick my butt and I am sure the hash is way more potent than the buds so I will probably hand it off to a friend who would enjoy much more than I. Making it was just something I wanted to try and it seemed to be such a waste to throw all those good trichomes in the compost. Im sure I can finds a friend who would enjoy it much more than I. Thanks again for stopping in and you comments and can not wait to follow you new grow..

Sonzor, niceee!. Let us know how it smokes bro. Hey, and thank you for the reps on cloning bro. We owe most of our credit to the good folks here who have so generously helped. Keep up the excellant work bud.

Thanks GMT, I think I am going to have to try it. I think I owe all you guys for all your help. I guess I will have to take one for the team.(LOL) Who know maybe its a better experience than I remember.

Nice score on the hash! :yummy:

Thanks tune, it was a little work but fun also, glad I did it.

You could shoot me that marble, if you wanna play for keepers...HEEE HEEE

I would if I could.

Thanks both of you for stopping in and your comment are always enjoyed and appreciated.

Wow!!! I just finished my chop(will have pictures soon when camera is available, been dying to get the final pics and video going) and I want to make hash too. Im sure i wont get nearly that amount. I have an empty 5 gallon bucket and this is where I'm confused...so i put (how much) ice in first then water to fill it up, then my trim(hash making material)? i dont have the piece to attach to my drill but i'm sure it needs to be agitated alot, especailly if the easiest way is to get that attachment. Can I modify the recipe for use with a blender?( i only have trim from 2 plants, not much trim at that)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I love the Hash Ball, even if it isn't perfect in your eyes! LOL

Musik \\\vVv///

Wow!!! I just finished my chop(will have pictures soon when camera is available, been dying to get the final pics and video going) and I want to make hash too. Im sure i wont get nearly that amount. I have an empty 5 gallon bucket and this is where I'm confused...so i put (how much) ice in first then water to fill it up, then my trim(hash making material)? i dont have the piece to attach to my drill but i'm sure it needs to be agitated alot, especailly if the easiest way is to get that attachment. Can I modify the recipe for use with a blender?( i only have trim from 2 plants, not much trim at that)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I love the Hash Ball, even if it isn't perfect in your eyes! LOL

Musik \\\vVv///

Put in enough ice to fill 1 quarter of the bucket, add trim, put about the same amount you put in the first time over the trim, Pour in the water, you want to put enough water in so you can stir but not too much you want the friction too remove the trichs. You also want to make sure you don't fill the bucket much over half full since you are using a blender. You should also use a wooden spoon every once in a while to stir up the stuff which settles on the bottom. Also it might help to stick your trim in the freezer over night. Hope that helped I also PM you with some instructions. good luck and + rep for the try...

You need to attach it to some ducting hose, and make sure there is not any air leaks, I have the fan in the grow closet and the ducting attached to the filter outside the box. The air is sucked out of the closet by the fan into the ducting into the filter. Hope that helps.

ok yeah i already put a ducting hose at the end and thats what i was thinking too, ill just cut a hole in it and put it going outside the box as well, cause i do have a fan in my box too. thanks

Sound like you have it all under control, Good luck and + rep for the effort..

Hey sonzor, how's it going? just wanted to stop by and say howdy.
I appreciate all the help and support man:thanks:
I shall return:peace:

Things are good and you? Thanks for stopping in, And no problem, just glad I could help..

Back
Top Bottom