Killian's First Grow FFOF & 30% Perilte - FoxFarms Nutrients - 600W MH/HPS - 6" Fan

Re: Killian's First Grow FFOF & 30% Perilte - FoxFarms Nutrients - 600W MH/HPS - 6" F

Congrats man those look awesome! The bubble gum looks killer. I find it interesting how different the 3 strains grow and develop totally different.

Re: Killian's First Grow FFOF & 30% Perilte - FoxFarms Nutrients - 600W MH/HPS - 6" F

Thanks brother. Bummer about the mold in your pound grow. What caused it
I was fighting so many things that grow.

Trying to combat the heat toward the end of summer with no central air.
Exhaust fan going out

Then add the fact it was the time of year when it is just naturally high humidity out here.

Not to mention where i was staying at the time the whole house seemed to be molding!
We threw out more than just the buds that were infected...
Furniture and stuff on the opposite side of the house was ruined as well.
The house had a natural mildew smell during those wet humid months...

Just all bad all around.
i broke my lease and got the hell out of that place

Took forever cleaning and resetting my equipment just to be safe you know

Anyway their looking very good that bubblegum looks delicious!

Not So Rookie Anymore

I was fighting so many things that grow.

Trying to combat the heat toward the end of summer with no central air.
Exhaust fan going out

Then add the fact it was the time of year when it is just naturally high humidity out here.

Not to mention where i was staying at the time the whole house seemed to be molding!
We threw out more than just the buds that were infected...
Furniture and stuff on the opposite side of the house was ruined as well.
The house had a natural mildew smell during those wet humid months...

Just all bad all around.
i broke my lease and got the hell out of that place

Took forever cleaning and resetting my equipment just to be safe you know

Anyway their looking very good that bubblegum looks delicious!

Not So Rookie Anymore

It sounds like that was beyond your control. My son just went through the same thing with the last place he rented. That mold can be deadly. The bubble gum is by far the most pungent and has the stickiest buds. I can't wait to try it.

Looking real good man. As you say at least you will know if it is early or right on time with your NL flush.

I have been playing around learning to use my cheapo loupe. I discovered I can zoom in and get some better pictures of the trichomes. Critical still has mostly clear trichomes so it will finish a little later than the rest. Bubble Gum and Northern Lights have mostly milky trichomes so they are getting close. I'm thinking about two more weeks left om them. Thoughts on this anybody?
KIMG1272.JPG
KIMG1265.JPG
KIMG1241.JPG
KIMG1268.JPG
KIMG1251.JPG
KIMG1230.JPG
KIMG1271.JPG
KIMG1260.JPG
KIMG1237.JPG
KIMG1192.JPG

The bubble gum is by far the most pungent and has the stickiest buds. I can't wait to try it.

Looking overall amazing Killian! Can you describe the scent of the bubble gum? Does it smell like its name, or did the name arise some other way?

I can't describe the smell other than it does have a sweet smell to it. It doesn't smell like bubble gum to me. I love the way it grows. The pistils are so big and thick they look like big cotton balls on the tops.

I have just started in week 9 of flowering day 57 from flipping to 12/12. I have flushed everything other than Critical. I think I will wait another week before flushing her. The buds don't look as developed as the others. For now its giving the flushed ones ph'd water and watching the trichomes. I might have flushed a little prematurely but time will tell. Here are todays updated pictures. Thanks for stopping by.
Week_9_flower_Group_Photo.JPG

Week_9_flower_Northern_Lights_bud-1.JPG

Week_9_flower_Northern_Lights_bud-2.JPG

Week_9_flower_Northern_Lights_trichomes-1.JPG

Week_9_flower_Critical_bud-1.JPG

Week_9_flower_Critical_trichomes-1.JPG

Week_9_flower_BG1_bud-1.JPG

Week_9_flower_BG1_amber_trichomes-1.JPG

Week_9_flower_BG1_trichomes-2.JPG

Week_9_flower_BG2_bud-1.JPG

Week_9_flower_BG2_trichomes-1.JPG

Man those buds look awesome and your plants look so healthy. I have dead leafs on my plants but yours are perfect!

Thanks Levi. To be honest I don't know if the leaves being that healthy i s a good thing. From everything I've seen they should be yellowing. Maybe to much nitrogen for this late in the game. Now that I have stopped giving nutes to the ones I flushed they will probably start to die off. I have been giving them exactly what Fox Farms recommends but I don't know if it is optimal for weed.

Honestly killian i think your plants are amazing. Wether you started to flush early or not they look very good.
I dont know about the yellowing leaves being a bad thing.
I mean what if you see the trich color you want and the plant hasnt started to yellow?

On the otherhand

I use overdrive which forces the plant to ripen instantly! turning leaves yellow and hairs orange

So i dont really know
At the end of the day were growing our plants to our own preference

The First time i grew with hps i rushed a little then realized the strains needed longer

But regardless your buds look very good nice and full with tons of sugar and healthy youve done an awesome job.

Think that lb is still possible the looked to have fattened up nicely

Not So Rookie Anymore

Thank you lootznbootz. I definitely have made some rookie mistakes but overall I am happy with the results from my first grow. It only gets better from here. I appreciate all the support yourself and others have given me.I can't wait to get these trimmed and cured. I'm not thinking it will be anywhere near a pound but I sure hope its at least 8 or 10 ounces. I do think it will be top quality bud it looks and smells awesome.

Back
Top Bottom