Winter Outdoor Grow 2009/2010

Hi sonzor, just checkin in to see how things are going. Did you take her down yet? If so have you decided what she's going to be used for?

Hope your geting setup for a new grow, spring must be well in hand where you are.:nicethread:

Hi sonzor, just checkin in to see how things are going. Did you take her down yet? If so have you decided what she's going to be used for?

Hope your geting setup for a new grow, spring must be well in hand where you are.:nicethread:

Worry, Worry...where you at buddy?:ganjamon:

Sorry boys and girls for the neglect of the journal. Been doing some extra work, working 12 to 16 hours a day to get a project complete and keep my head above water. Had to put 420 and my plants on the back burner.

mission accomplished!

:thumb:

Thanks SS, always appreciate you stopping in and your comments..

DANG! dude those look awesome! reminds me of a tarantula!

Thanks HealingKronic appreciate you stopping in and your comments, did not turn out as well as I would have liked, not that I am complaining or anything, she is going to make some nice butter....

Yea im still totally diggin the colors of the leaves n stuff... loooks really pretty

I love the color also Drojo, just with she would have made some thicker buds... Thanks for stopping in and your comments...

That girl does look a bit frighting as in don't get too close.
Beautiful job my friend. Got a feeling what your going to do next winter. :ganjamon:

Thanks OMM, I think I will grow for sure next winter, I think I will do a little more research on some cold weather strains to give me a little better chance of success. Thanks again for stopping in and your comments...

I would love to taste anything made of that beauty.. hash, food, or desserts~:yummy:

Thanks siscokid, Lets hope so. She is not much of a producer of big thick buds but she does have plenty of trichs, so I think she will give me some nice butter and then some sort of tasty treat.. Thanks for stopping in and your comments...

hi mate sorry i don t know that strain wot temps are u getting day and night.....may just grow that way perhaps .........the leaves look fully loaded with thc.......some of the leaves look like claws with the leaves curling under that looks a little ph issue perhaps how have the ph been ?......sorry for all the questions just trying to help out...sorry took another look and leaves are also folding in on them selves.....im going to try and read up..........be lucky weedtastic

Nice to have you stop in weed. Full Moon is the strain, Temps are in the low to mid 50s and night. Sometimes a bit colder but pretty rare. I have not been worrying about the PH, I mixed up some soil with a little bit of everything and was just going to let her grow and see how she did. Thanks again for stopping in and your comments....

I love the color of her, just beautiful....

:bravo:

I am a big fan of her color also, Not sure the yield trade off is worth it though. Thanks for stopping in and you comments....

It's black widow.:rofl::grinjoint::peace:

Thanks for stopping in and the comments...

Love the pics as always Sonzor - can't wait to hear what how that beauty smokes!

Thanks OBX, not sure I will be doing any smoking of this one. Very, very leafy and am not sure she would be worth lighting up.... Maybe I will give her a try we will see. The buds if you want to call them that have been curing for the last couple of weeks and I must say they smell wonderful... Think she is going to make some nice treats....

Thanks for stopping in and you comments are always appreciated...

Hello Mmmmick, I took her down a few weeks ago, I really only took half the plant down and left the rest to see how the she world fill out. Most was not worth taking down.... The buds are curing and do smell really nice. Might take a little sample to smoke just to see but I think she is going to be turned into some yummy treats.

Spring plants are well on there way. I have a Durban Poison that has been flowering outside for a few weeks and she looks like she is going to be a good one, Lots and lots of flowers on her. Also have a mystery and a full moon that are also in the ground and well on there way....

Have many clones getting pretty close to going outside and plenty of Lemon Bubble Haze babies that are getting ready for the ground in May. I think I will be doing a Lemon Bubble Haze exclusive grow for my summer grow, we will see.

Thanks for stopping in and your comments.

Worry, Worry...where you at buddy?:ganjamon:

Hello OMM thanks so much for stopping in and am very sorry for the neglect, just have had not time for 420 or my plants. Times are getting pretty tuff around here. But it is nice to have a couple minuets to read all your guys comments and try to catch up on a few journals before getting back to the grind. Thanks so much for the comments and stopping in.....

Thanks again everyone and am going to try to catch up on all the journals I have fell behind on but time is very limited for me and will be for the next few months or so.....

I will be posting some pics of the buds and maybe a smoke report. And a summary of my winter grow whenever I get a little time again.....

No Problem sonzor Money and then pleasure!

We'll be waiting for this:

I will be posting some pics of the buds and maybe a smoke report. And a summary of my winter grow whenever I get a little time again.....

Take your time Buddy!:ganjamon:

Hi sonzor, they were leafy but lots of trichs, should make some nice edibles. Do you think you'll do another winter grow with diff strains?
You've got a good start on the coming season, I see. I'm looking forward to seeing some great stuff. Hope you find a good balance between work and play soon.

:welldone:

Very informative thread. Lots of good info and a good example of thinking outside the box.

Thanks Nic, You stopping in and taking time to post your comments is much appreciated...

No Problem sonzor Money and then pleasure!

We'll be waiting for this:

Take your time Buddy!:ganjamon:

Thanks OMM you comments and you stopping in is always appreciated...

Hi sonzor, they were leafy but lots of trichs, should make some nice edibles. Do you think you'll do another winter grow with diff strains?
You've got a good start on the coming season, I see. I'm looking forward to seeing some great stuff. Hope you find a good balance between work and play soon.

I think you are correct Mmmmick, I am a little bummed but at least I will get something out of it... Yes I will do another winter grow for sure. I will do a lot more research for a cold weather strain for the next run and see how it goes.

I am looking forward to some nice weather growing myself. It sure makes it a heck of a lot easier. Just need to find the time to give the ladies the attention the deserve.

Thanks so much for your comments and stopping in....

Hello all, sorry for the neglect but you all know how it is, times are tuff...

Ok, here is the rap up and some pics of what has been going on...

The winter Full Moon grow was not a complete flop but I did not get the yield or the buds I hoped for... Lots of trichs but not much in the way of buds. Take a look....

fm_bud_04-07-10_01.jpg

fm_bud_04-07-10_02.jpg

fm_bud_04-07-10_03.jpg

As you can see, lots of leaf and not too much bud. I did not bother to weigh it but I have about two jars full, and a bunch of leaves and stems to make some butter or hash. Have not decided what yet. I really don't need either at this point but I just hate to let anything go to waste.

So, I think the mistake was trying the strains I did. It was a fun test but next time I will do my research and find a strain or two that does well in cold weather. I am pretty sure it can be done, but only time will tell. Thanks everyone for hanging in there and giving me your comments and suggestions, they where much appreciated...

Before I shut this journal down, thought I would leave you with some pics of what's been going on in the Sonzor garden....

I have had little to no time to take care of the plants So they are all looking very haggard except for my new Lemon Bubble Haze babies that seem to have been growing fine with very limited attentions. The others as you will see in the pictures are a little worse for ware except for maybe the Durban Poison that is the only one that has made it out of the 20 seeds, except for a couple clones I got from her.

Anyway take a look, there are lots of pictures, thought I would go out with a bang. And hopefully soon I can get back with a new journal cause all your comments and advise is priceless and much appreciated...

Full Moon clone from the winter grow pant.
FM_04-07-10_01.jpg

fm_04-07-10_02.jpg

fm_04-07-10_03.jpg

Mystery plant, definitely showing signs of neglect but she is putting out some nice looking frosty buds..
mystery_04-07-10_01_clone_1_.jpg

mystery_04-07-10_03.jpg

mystery_04-07-10_04.jpg

mystery_04-07-10_06.jpg

mystery_04-07-10_07.jpg

Durban Poison's not looking too bad for being left alone and neglected and is packing on some pretty nice looking buds. Very interested to see how she turns out... 1 out of 20 she better be amazing...

dp_04-07-10_01.jpg

dp_04-07-10_02.jpg

dp_04-07-10_03.jpg

dp_04-07-10_05.jpg

dp_04-07-10_06.jpg

dp_04-07-10_09.jpg

Here are a few clones that will go in the ground next week. 2 Durban Poison's, and one Mystery. These have been through the ringer the past month or so but are hanging in there... All three where just topped 2 days ago.

Durban Poison Clone
dp_04-07-10_01_clone.jpg

Durban Poison Clone
dp_04-07-10_02_clone.jpg

Mystery Clone
mystery_04-07-10_01_clone.jpg

And here are the new babies. All are Lemon Bubble Haze from seed, so I don't know how many will be ladies but will keep my fingers crossed for a few at least.... These will be the only strain a grow over the summer. I hope to get the nice, big, healthy and in the ground by Early to mid May... Hopefully things will have slowed down enough for me to give them the attention they deserve and to start up another journal. We will see..

lbh_04-07-10_04.jpg

lbh_04-07-10_01.jpg

lbh_04-07-10_02.jpg

Group shot of the summer 2010 Lemon Bubble Haze Family. All girls I hope.

lbh_04-07-10_03.jpg

Thanks again for all your comments, help, support and just stopping in and taking a look. It is greatly appreciated...

Later all until next time.....

Please close this journal out.......

Hi sonzor, thanks for the lessons learned in this outdoor winter grow. It's been very interesting to me, as I'd never seen a low temp grow and had no idea what to expect.
I really like the look of those buds on the Durban Poison, quite unique.
I'll be keeping an eye out for your next journal.

+reps if I can.:nicethread:

Congrats my friend, I am really glad to have been through both your journals, I have gained another piece of knowledge and for that YOU will have a piece of what I do with my grows too.

As always it's been interesting and fun. Should you be throwing another Journal up I will be around to see what else you're up to.. Maybe you'll start up your cloning and fogger and chillers and silver experiments... or not... up to you~

Take care man and "don't let the bastards grind you down":cool::goodluck::nicethread::bravo:

Hi sonzor, hows' that big durban poison doing? I love the look of those purple calyxes. Is that strain a fast finisher?
Hope you're still critter free.

Thanks for the cool journal We all learned with the right strain winter time outdoor grows are possible.
I'll be looking for you next grow to start. Good Job!:grinjoint:

Thanks OMM it was a pleasure having you around with all your great comments.

Hi sonzor, thanks for the lessons learned in this outdoor winter grow. It's been very interesting to me, as I'd never seen a low temp grow and had no idea what to expect.
I really like the look of those buds on the Durban Poison, quite unique.
I'll be keeping an eye out for your next journal.

+reps if I can.:nicethread:

Thanks Mmmmick, Your comments are always appreciated and valued thanks so much for sticking around. Yes, the Durban Poison has been a pretty nice surprise....

Same here - I had no idea what the outcome would be. It was very interesting seeing it play out.

Thanks slimm, your comments and stopping in is much appreciated...

Congrats my friend, I am really glad to have been through both your journals, I have gained another piece of knowledge and for that YOU will have a piece of what I do with my grows too.

As always it's been interesting and fun. Should you be throwing another Journal up I will be around to see what else you're up to.. Maybe you'll start up your cloning and fogger and chillers and silver experiments... or not... up to you~

Take care man and "don't let the bastards grind you down":cool::goodluck::nicethread::bravo:

am also really glad you have taken the time to stop in and add you valuable advise and comments.. Thanks so much.... Don't really have the time to start a new journal at this point but we will see how it goes in the next few months.... Thanks again...

Hi sonzor, hows' that big durban poison doing? I love the look of those purple calyxes. Is that strain a fast finisher?
Hope you're still critter free.

The durban poison is doing very well. Its a pretty strong plant and seems to like being left alone.... I thinks she's a 8 wk plant but the condition are not ideal. still a little on the cool side at night so maybe a little longer. Thanks for hanging in there with me and you great comments are always appreciated...

It's been a pleasure to hang. I think I've learned a lot from your garden and got to see some great pics, great journal 5star imo.

I've been thinking of picking your brain for a tea recipe, because your plants always look so well nourished. Any suggestions? I would understand completely if you have methods you prefer to keep to yourself, but I'm open to ideas, if you care to share.

If you've already posted about your tea formula, my apologies, the ole memory cells aren't 100% anymore.

Thanks for the tips sonzor, I'll get started soon, have to make a trip to pick up airstones for a cloner anyway so your advice is timely.:thanks:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom