3rd LED Grow - Aurora Indica + Cannalope Haze

Re: Staffy's 3rd GLH Grow - Aurora Indica + Cannalope Haze

anyone every use mosquito dunk for gnats???

pics later, girls are still doin good. the new crystal chunk seems to be getting lighter color green with the new growth, hmmm... only have fed nutes once so far been trying to really dry out my soil to take care of larvae, but not killing the ladies at same time.
seems to be doin better in there so far been just chillin with gnats and tryin to kill them, and scoopin up larvae when i see them after diggin on top layer of soil, probably got about 4 or 5 so far, discussting bastard. i would go gt some mosquito dunkl and just try but i have no money, sad times, so i cant really do much but take on the gnats on my own.

Have you tried using garlic on the Gnats? A little powder sprinkled around on top of the soil.

How To Get Rid Of Gnats | Household Pests | Howcast.com

Here is a link I found about dealing with gnats.I tried to copy the short video but I thinks I lack the skills.From what I read the garlic does work but it will also kill all your beneficial bacteria.I could be wrong but would need to look into.Yeah gnats are a pain every one I have seen that has had them has had a heck of a time dealing with them.I think tmacs advice on this would save trial and error and money in the long run:tokin:

no havent heard of using garlic, does it work? is it ok to put garlic on the top of soil?

It doesn't work at the insecticide level but it can greatly reduce the infestation. Also having some kind of spray to whack any flying gnats. Standard store bought organic sprays use neem oil, sesame oil, rosemary oil etc. Mixed with a lot of water. Just about any essential oil will make them dead.

As mentioned in the video turttle links to, water and alcohol works. You can also soak tobacco in water to make a spray solution. The nicotine fries their little brains.

huh very interesting stuff, gnats arent my big problem, larvae is. i just need to have alook at what turttle says too, thanks for help guys, ill let u know what i do and how she goes!!

soap sounds ok but in my soil, im really not sure about this. ya maybe ok for household plants but for my babies, i dont know.. what does everyone think? anyone try this??

I think you mensioned you had some hygrozyme.Maybe a flush with this will help.I think the hygrozyme is a preventative.But them nasty buggers are hard to get rid of.Eventually they will convert from larvae to a gnat then each gnat can lay up to 300 more larvae per knat.I am not sure but pretty sure tmac after endless attemps ended up using the azomax and it was a timely process.

they really needed some water, most of them, leaves drying up a lil bit so ive got some water and hygrozyme bubbling and ill feed tomo.

PIC UPDATE

ALL
my_grow_669.jpg

CH
(runt) she def hasnt grown aswell as the others, not sure why. well see. gonna get them back on there feeding schedule, lil delay cuz of gnats but ill have moola soon so i can sort them out.

my_grow_665.jpg

WR
supercroppin was very successful , with main stem i broke, still alive getting solid again and have gained 2 more tops cuz of it. other stem i cropped was to lil and stretched right back up

my_grow_668.jpg

CC
this plant is seemin to have a lighter tint of green from its new growth.

my_grow_670.jpg
my_grow_664.jpg

AI
(runt) proud of this lil girl out all i think, she has come along way from when i got her.

my_grow_666.jpg

AI
main supercrop i did on this gal, i had to pull the stem off, no live in it and was dried up. so bumber on that one and the second one i did on her wasnt enough so the stem just straightened right back up. but not a loss cuz i had a node left and the branch adn she has grown back up nicely.

my_grow_667.jpg

Hey Staffy, not to shabby.. Here, I grabbed this from our pest solver..
Fungus Gnats
Fungus gnats like to feed on roots of the plants and organic matter. Adults and larvae live in moist, shady areas. The adults lay there eggs on top of the soil, near the base of the stem and takes about 4 days to hatch. The larvae will start by eating the root hairs of the plant then working their way up the plant, Fungus gnats like to eat organic matter so they will be stealing away nutrients from your plants, so its best to get rid of them completely.

If plants are outdoors, check the soil of plants before taking them back indoors for adult gnats or their larvae.

Prevent indoor entry of gnats by making sure there is no open windows open without screens on. Aug is a bad time for them as they are worst that time of the year.

Put sticky traps on the soil surface to trap the gnats

Put potato slices on the surface of the soil. The larvae like it and will be drawn to it.. After about 4 to 5 days, remove the potato slices with the larvae. To get rid of them you can do a lot of things like either use a NO pest strip, neem oil or putting sand on the surface of the soil will suffocate the eggs and get rid of them as well. Tobacco juice kills them, and works well for re-occurrences!

They can be in or on the soil and can fly. In order to get rid of them you can use neem oil, sand on the surface again kills them, and no pest strips catch the ones that fly. A chemical product called Zone works very well and is very powerful and works well in hydro!
Other Products which can be used in hydro and soil are:
Chemicals
Hot Pepper Wax,Safer Yard & Garden Insecticide (which can be used right to the day of harvest),GNATROL( used in hydro in the water as well as soil),Doc's Neem Pest Soap,Safer Sticky Stakes,TR-11000 Pyrethrum.

SNS also makes a gnat dunk that I have been hearing good things about from friends.. I have only had to deal with them a few times and they were introduced here in clones. I stir my topsoil the day after I water, exposing the eggs to the air and killing them and sticky fly strips will take care of the adults..
I thought Hygrozyme was actually to help break down dead roots and stuff in the soil.. Never heard of it being used for gnats or pests... Whatever you do, you need to get on it before they go after the plant. I also read something somewhere about fabric softener sheets being a good gnat repellent.. :smokin:

This is the cure for your issue.

SNS203

..I use the stuff religiously After winning the battle, I moisten the top soil using a spray bottle. it rally does work and the best part is it's organic. :yahoo:

This is the cure for your issue.

SNS203

..I use the stuff religiously After winning the battle, I moisten the top soil using a spray bottle. it rally does work and the best part is it's organic. :yahoo:

how much is it? tried lookin for it in my area but cant find it.

Hey Staffy, not to shabby.. Here, I grabbed this from our pest solver..
Fungus Gnats
Fungus gnats like to feed on roots of the plants and organic matter. Adults and larvae live in moist, shady areas. The adults lay there eggs on top of the soil, near the base of the stem and takes about 4 days to hatch. The larvae will start by eating the root hairs of the plant then working their way up the plant, Fungus gnats like to eat organic matter so they will be stealing away nutrients from your plants, so its best to get rid of them completely.

If plants are outdoors, check the soil of plants before taking them back indoors for adult gnats or their larvae.

Prevent indoor entry of gnats by making sure there is no open windows open without screens on. Aug is a bad time for them as they are worst that time of the year.

Put sticky traps on the soil surface to trap the gnats

Put potato slices on the surface of the soil. The larvae like it and will be drawn to it.. After about 4 to 5 days, remove the potato slices with the larvae. To get rid of them you can do a lot of things like either use a NO pest strip, neem oil or putting sand on the surface of the soil will suffocate the eggs and get rid of them as well. Tobacco juice kills them, and works well for re-occurrences!

They can be in or on the soil and can fly. In order to get rid of them you can use neem oil, sand on the surface again kills them, and no pest strips catch the ones that fly. A chemical product called Zone works very well and is very powerful and works well in hydro!
Other Products which can be used in hydro and soil are:
Chemicals
Hot Pepper Wax,Safer Yard & Garden Insecticide (which can be used right to the day of harvest),GNATROL( used in hydro in the water as well as soil),Doc's Neem Pest Soap,Safer Sticky Stakes,TR-11000 Pyrethrum.

SNS also makes a gnat dunk that I have been hearing good things about from friends.. I have only had to deal with them a few times and they were introduced here in clones. I stir my topsoil the day after I water, exposing the eggs to the air and killing them and sticky fly strips will take care of the adults..
I thought Hygrozyme was actually to help break down dead roots and stuff in the soil.. Never heard of it being used for gnats or pests... Whatever you do, you need to get on it before they go after the plant. I also read something somewhere about fabric softener sheets being a good gnat repellent.. :smokin:

lots of great info here, thanks bro. might try the sns stuff if i can find it here.

how much is it? tried lookin for it in my area but cant find it.

Click here:

SNSSamples

Never hurts to try. Plus if you check their home page there is a link to a store locator.

cool thanx. imma hopefully go on the 1st and get some, imma call these two places here and see if they have it first, lol. i did this before with store locater and went to place and they never heard of product, don t know how that happened.

Yeah the hygrozyme is not going to kill the the larvae but it will help to protect the roots and uptake nutrients.I think larvae feeds mostly on decaying organic and plant matter and the hygozyme eats all the decaying matter up making it aid as a preventative.But yes definately need to get some chemical pesticide.

They are looking good staff.That ai is going to be nice.I have been wanting to grow this strain for a while........well and the white rhino?The AI I dont think she is a runt as they are a prettysmall plant but really high in thc:goodjob:

Yeah the hygrozyme is not going to kill the the larvae but it will help to protect the roots and uptake nutrients.I think larvae feeds mostly on decaying organic and plant matter and the hygozyme eats all the decaying matter up making it aid as a preventative.But yes definately need to get some chemical pesticide.

They are looking good staff.That ai is going to be nice.I have been wanting to grow this strain for a while........well and the white rhino?The AI I dont think she is a runt as they are a prettysmall plant but really high in thc:goodjob:

thanks bro, she was a runt when i got her, now a lady. ai and wr are gonna be great im sure. cant wait to start flowering.

Hey staffy just saw this thread and you got me subbed :d
I'm interested in seeing how the lst will wiork for you. It will cost alot of work tho ;)

Too bad of the gnats but they still have alot of time to recover!

thanks bro, pull up a seat, im sure theres plenty empty ones. :)

what do u mean it will cost alot of work?

i do alot more with the plant, i do think when lst them, rather than letting them grow straight up.

Back
Top Bottom