3rd LED Grow - Aurora Indica + Cannalope Haze

Re: Staffy's 3rd GLH Grow - Aurora Indica + Cannalope Haze

thanks blue.

i tried a lil super cropping for the first time, lol, i think i may have bent them a lil to much and sort of snapped, it was a lower branch but would have been a top cola, hmmm. if this is so and it is snapped and will not repair, should i just take it off? ad will the nodes beneath it still grow?

Staffy your plants look pretty small to be supercropping imo.

To supercrop you want to break the branch, not bend it. I break it so it's pretty much hanging downward, almost swinging. I really break it. If you don't, after a week or so you won't even be able to tell you did anything.

I also think you should only supercrop fairly long branches for the same reason, otherwise they'll just grow right back to where they were. I only do branches that are at least say 8" after the break.

If you really broke it badly and might lose it, try taping it. Lots of growers do that... good luck!

Staffy your plants look pretty small to be supercropping imo.

To supercrop you want to break the branch, not bend it. I break it so it's pretty much hanging downward, almost swinging. I really break it. If you don't, after a week or so you won't even be able to tell you did anything.

I also think you should only supercrop fairly long branches for the same reason, otherwise they'll just grow right back to where they were. I only do branches that are at least say 8" after the break.

If you really broke it badly and might lose it, try taping it. Lots of growers do that... good luck!

ya i would have waited to supercrop a lil, umm just wanted to try it a lil early do to i dont want to go into flower and it still trying to heal its self. im not wantin to go allout super crop, just wanted to try a few.
if u say u break them to wear they are hangin down then i should be ok. 3 hours later after breakin, i could see the tissue formin back up , might be ok. if so will that stem angle back up to light somewhat?
thanks for commenting back bro :high-five:

oh and blue i only messed with the two big plants i have, there bigger stems, ill go get pics to show.
u think these two are still to small?

here are some pics of my poor supercroppin, not sure how these will turn out. two stems were really snapped, one on WR and one on big AI.

AI

my_grow_659.jpg
my_grow_663.jpg
my_grow_662.jpg

WR

my_grow_661.jpg
my_grow_660.jpg

Just wanted to show a pic of the Crystal Chunk. fed her the first time with nutes yesterday and a lil trimmin. she has takin REALLY well to it and is ready to grow now. real happy with her. gonna be a interesting strain to watch grow.

my_grow_658.jpg

anybody ever use mosquito dunk? will it be harmful to the plants?

Staffy they'll be just fine. In about a week you'll hardly be able to tell you did anything.

I look at supercropping as a last resort, after lst'ing and topping. Then during early flower if she's still too big I'll go ahead and do it.

I supercropped the top 14" of my bagseed's cola this last grow. It was pointing towards the ground when I finished. If you followed my grow, it ended up pointing more or less straight up and probably 3-4" shorter overall than it would have been.

That's why it's a last resort. LST'ing and topping promote the emergence of more bud sites. Supercropping not so much because it grows back so fast.

If you don't want supercropped branches to grow back up you have to tie them somehow, I've heard of guys tying weights onto them.

Staffy they'll be just fine. In about a week you'll hardly be able to tell you did anything.

I look at supercropping as a last resort, after lst'ing and topping. Then during early flower if she's still too big I'll go ahead and do it.

I supercropped the top 14" of my bagseed's cola this last grow. It was pointing towards the ground when I finished. If you followed my grow, it ended up pointing more or less straight up and probably 3-4" shorter overall than it would have been.

That's why it's a last resort. LST'ing and topping promote the emergence of more bud sites. Supercropping not so much because it grows back so fast.

If you don't want supercropped branches to grow back up you have to tie them somehow, I've heard of guys tying weights onto them.

thanks bro, they seem like they will turn up. ya i dont like this supercrop, gonna stick with lst. i lst the aurora more, iwanna try and get the aurora and WR bushy like :)

Wow, I've been gone for a minute. Good-looking lineup. I'm sure we'll be seeing some fat nugs here before too long. I esp. like the white rhino.

ya man havent seen u in a while. good job on gettin a new journal up.
thanks bro

Well I'm late as usual but catchin' up. Nice strains staffy.:cheer:

seems like its just getting started to me :)
thanks mate

thanks mate, ya be interesting to see how its gonna grow, the broken stem on the rhino looks like its trying to aim at the light again, but the broken stem on aurora, seems theres no life in the branch. so well see.

Back
Top Bottom