400w HPS, 3 Topped Plants

wow, what a difference... this light puts out a lot of, well, light!!!
Picture_763.jpg

Picture_774.jpg

2 big

Picture_772.jpg

Picture_773.jpg

yah man, i actually have light bleaching on one the tops.. crazy huh? tried to rep, but Im repped out right now... thx for watching Irish and feel free to check out my Deep Water Culture grow

i was just looking threw that, sweet deal man. the 1000w is the only real way to go in you can deal with the heat and extra funds. i was trying to rep you also but i am max out also..lol..
good job with the grow bro

i was just looking threw that, sweet deal man. the 1000w is the only real way to go in you can deal with the heat and extra funds. i was trying to rep you also but i am max out also..lol..
good job with the grow bro

awesome man... appreciate the attempted rep..

yah i cant wait to see what these plants do in 2 weeks... just hooked it up yesterday...

after this grow, i wanna add another 1000w ballast, but just a HPS ballast...
that way i would have one 1000w MH and one 1000w HPS going during the veg cycle and then a week after the switch to 12/12, i put in the other HPS bulb...

that would be ~300,000lumens... for reference.. .a 60w incandescent bulb puts out 600lumens

High C5Rftw.

Your plants are looking fabulous and should get even better with that light. I had an idea about lights that we were discussing on the Macro Bud Shots thread. When you find the type of light(s) you might want to buy check with local electrical supply stores. You may be able to get a way better price there as hydro stores have major markups. Just walk in to inquire and if it's a go they probably want a deposit to order it for you. Use a fake name and pay cash. If they get nosy just walk out and go to the next one. Could likely get ballasts and fittings there cheaper too tho I've never tried. I want to get some 400W Philips Ceramic Metal Halide bulbs but have to order a case of 6 for $300. Look to be a great bulb at $50/each and run off an HPS ballast but too much cash at the moment. They don't make a 1000W one yet either.

Anyway, :goodjob: and keep doin' what your doin'! :bong:

:peace:

High C5Rftw.

Your plants are looking fabulous and should get even better with that light. I had an idea about lights that we were discussing on the Macro Bud Shots thread. When you find the type of light(s) you might want to buy check with local electrical supply stores. You may be able to get a way better price there as hydro stores have major markups. Just walk in to inquire and if it's a go they probably want a deposit to order it for you. Use a fake name and pay cash. If they get nosy just walk out and go to the next one. Could likely get ballasts and fittings there cheaper too tho I've never tried. I want to get some 400W Philips Ceramic Metal Halide bulbs but have to order a case of 6 for $300. Look to be a great bulb at $50/each and run off an HPS ballast but too much cash at the moment. They don't make a 1000W one yet either.

Anyway, :goodjob: and keep doin' what your doin'! :bong:

:peace:

thx for stopping by labrat... hope you check out my DWC grow too...

I actually have stores that sell 400w HPS and MH GE bulbs.. I wonder if they are any good...

man, I cant believe it... the 1000w HPS was originally 1.5ft above my soil plants..
i had my helper take pics of them to show me, and a couple leaves on the very top is
showing light bleaching... light bleaching is not caused by heat stress,
but actually caused by too much light.. I moved to to 30 inches above me plants...

here is comparison of 400w light vs 1000w light

the plants under 400w HPS

picture589.jpg

the plants under 1000w HPS

Picture_763.jpg

here is the top showing the light bleaching... hard to see contrast in color with the light on,
but you can see the tips of the leaves pointing up and they are yellow/brown for about a millimeter..
. heat stress has leaves pointing down and the leaves are all laying down,
not "erect" (sorry couldn't think of a better word lol) when they are heat stressed...

Picture_769.jpg

Back
Top Bottom