420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Magnus

So I have to find out if it might be the same for these nutes. I’ll call the company to find out. I doubt it, but one can always hope, right?

Any more questions? Don’t hesitate to ask.

All my best,
~Magnus

Hi Magnus.

Sorry to hear of the seed mishap. I dropped the first seed I planted last May when I first started growing and couldn't find it. Mistakes happen. You just have to roll with the punches.

Regarding the nutes, there's actually a GeoFlora thread where the feed charts are posted along with any issues people have with GF that GeoFlora responds to. Here's the link. The feed charts are on the first page.

GeoFlora Nutrients Discussion Thread

Thanks for dropping by. I’ve met a few of the staff members here but I don’t think we have met before. Nice to make your acquaintance.

All my best,
~Magnus

Nope. But we got your reference. :)

Congrats on the "proof of life." Always exciting to see them come up. Good luck with your grow!
Thanks Azimuth. Thanks so much. I always think grow journals get a lot more interesting after about week three of the plants’ life…

Hope to see you around here a bit. You are always welcome.

~Magnus

Welcome Lbj, pull up a chair by the campfire. Later we will be telling ghost stories most likely. Stick around for the fun….

~Magnus

Hi Magnus.

Sorry to hear of the seed mishap. I dropped the first seed I planted last May when I first started growing and couldn't find it. Mistakes happen. You just have to roll with the punches.

Regarding the nutes, there's actually a GeoFlora thread where the feed charts are posted along with any issues people have with GF that GeoFlora responds to. Here's the link. The feed charts are on the first page.

GeoFlora Nutrients Discussion Thread
Thanks HG. That’s really helpful!

Hi all.

Well things are underway. Three of my seeds have popped but not the fourth. So I gently uncovered some medium only to discover that I had planted her a little too deep. I expect she will pop very soon now.

So I named my girls. This is a bit of a special grow for me and I didn’t want to use just numbers.

So let me introduce you to our primary actresses in this Shakespearean drama.

5FE7EE54-C3E6-48B1-BDFC-A26F60345C94.jpeg

9F3E3ED2-3B84-4406-AFB2-DB7062543E5B.jpeg
845F9EBF-0A19-46ED-88BF-6352B4255EA5.jpeg
6E0FC143-9372-4ED3-97A9-5D328D6DAC1B.jpeg

So there you have ‘em: Ophelia, Desdemona, Cordelia and Lavinia. Shakespeare’s four most tragic heroines, all dying horrible deaths. Lavinia especially. What that poor girl went through was just unconscionable. Let’s hope these girls live to a ripe old age of fifteen or sixteen weeks rather than their lives being tragically cut short.

I moved the light to sit about 27 inches from the plants. My light is very strong and I don’t want to damage the sweet little things by lowering it too close.

All my best,
~Magnus

Well I really screwed up!

last week, the morning I dropped those last two seeds in water I later received confirmation of a dr appointment I had been waiting for on a wait list. I quickly packed my bags because I had to stay over night. Turns out I never got back for two days and those seeds had been soaking the whole time.

I had heard about seeds drowning but they both had little tails on them when I returned home so I planted them and thought I was fine. Far from it.

Only one plant has emerged from the medium and though I’ve been waiting for it to take off, it simply isn’t thriving the way it should.

The other seed just never emerged from the dirt. I carefully dug into the earth a bit and found the two cotyledon leaves under the medium and though I uncovered it two days ago it still hasn’t grown at all.

so I’ve dropped two new seeds yesterday morning and they properly went into paper towel and damp baggie.

But I want everyone to know that this isn’t a problem with seed genetics. This problem was me.

Ophelia and Desdemona are both doing great.
66D17EE0-2515-4003-ABCE-0ED43FA6C11C.jpeg
8FE4205C-D733-4AD1-87F0-930217FD44D8.jpeg

Cordelia is the weak girl that I damaged.
9A1DB220-2DEF-445E-A0CB-ABCE8309D8FB.jpeg

And Lavinia is the lady I murdered with water. Certainly a better way than the original Lavinia died…
2FAFDDEC-C836-4EB4-B7E4-D98DAA86DB6D.jpeg

So that’s four seeds I’ve wasted just starting this grow. I feel like such a humbled beginner again.

So I will wind up with two plants a week and a half behind the other two.

That’s not a real tragedy for these players on the stage.

All my best,
~Magnus

Well I really screwed up!

last week, the morning I dropped those last two seeds in water I later received confirmation of a dr appointment I had been waiting for on a wait list. I quickly packed my bags because I had to stay over night. Turns out I never got back for two days and those seeds had been soaking the whole time.

I had heard about seeds drowning but they both had little tails on them when I returned home so I planted them and thought I was fine. Far from it.

Only one plant has emerged from the medium and though I’ve been waiting for it to take off, it simply isn’t thriving the way it should.

The other seed just never emerged from the dirt. I carefully dug into the earth a bit and found the two cotyledon leaves under the medium and though I uncovered it two days ago it still hasn’t grown at all.

so I’ve dropped two new seeds yesterday morning and they properly went into paper towel and damp baggie.

But I want everyone to know that this isn’t a problem with seed genetics. This problem was me.

Ophelia and Desdemona are both doing great.
66D17EE0-2515-4003-ABCE-0ED43FA6C11C.jpeg
8FE4205C-D733-4AD1-87F0-930217FD44D8.jpeg

Cordelia is the weak girl that I damaged.
9A1DB220-2DEF-445E-A0CB-ABCE8309D8FB.jpeg

And Lavinia is the lady I murdered with water. Certainly a better way than the original Lavinia died…
2FAFDDEC-C836-4EB4-B7E4-D98DAA86DB6D.jpeg

So that’s four seeds I’ve wasted just starting this grow. I feel like such a humbled beginner again.

So I will wind up with two plants a week and a half behind the other two.

That’s not a real tragedy for these players on the stage.

All my best,
~Magnus
Bummer on the water logged seeds.

I usually do a bit of a hybrid method, soak them for a few hours in a glass of water with a bit of worm casting extract and then move them to the "wet paper towel in a baggie" method which still gives them moisture, but also more oxygen. I've actually then put them in my shirt pocket to give them a little warmth to help them get started. Lot's more room for error and a longer time window to deal with them.

That might be an alternative strategy for you if you ever find yourself in that position again.

But, that's how we learn, I guess. I learn a lot more from my mistakes than successes.

Don't despair. My #2 GSC was a real slow starter and got waterlogged. I almost gave up on her as she was behind and stunted. She is kicking ass right now. And to think less than two weeks ago I had considered culling her and replacing with one of my backups. I am really glad I didn't make that decision.

At least u made it to your Dr's appointment,,remember your health comes first :thumb:

Don't despair. My #2 GSC was a real slow starter and got waterlogged. I almost gave up on her as she was behind and stunted. She is kicking ass right now. And to think less than two weeks ago I had considered culling her and replacing with one of my backups. I am really glad I didn't make that decision.
Thanks for this, Brett, because I just about now culled Lavinia for exactly the same reasons. Glad I decided to wait.

~Magnus

So this morning we have 3/8” taproots on both seeds so that’s good enough for me.
2C5EAA6E-FD95-4F4B-BE25-B6268B1E22B3.jpeg

So I dug up Cordelia, the one waterlogged seed that just wasn’t growing. Decided not to cull Lavinia but to watch her progress and see.

then I planted the two new seeds in pots and added them to the tent.

No, still nothing much to show. Just seedlings - which are endlessly fascinating in real life but hardly ever seem to transplant well to photos.

28EAC727-0BBC-4672-9522-E9C5C9CBC83A.jpeg
All my best,
~Magnus

Off to a tragic but entertaining start!
Don't worry if you happen to run out of actresses before the main curtain....
I'm sure we can round up a few diamond's in the ruff. Just yearning for a chance of stardom!
Good luck
:popcorn::popcorn:

Off to a tragic but entertaining start!
Don't worry if you happen to run out of actresses before the main curtain....
I'm sure we can round up a few diamond's in the ruff. Just yearning for a chance of stardom!
Good luck
:popcorn::popcorn:
Thanks Furcifer. You are a great cheering team. But I still feel very humbled by this whole experience…

Ah, but you're stead fast perseverance is admirable to say the least!
We never fail at what we do...we discover multiple ways that just don't work well.
I'm happy that you're hanging in there and participating in this grow.

I had a chance to look at your "study hall". Great info!
:circle-of-love:

Ah, but you're stead fast perseverance is admirable to say the least!
We never fail at what we do...we discover multiple ways that just don't work well.
I'm happy that you're hanging in there and participating in this grow.

I had a chance to look at your "study hall". Great info!
:circle-of-love:
Hey, thanks Furcifer. Yes, a lot of good info is documented in that study hall. Lately, I’ve been recording and editing a collection of videos meant to teach how to grow marijuana at home. As part of the course I’m going to teach how to make a good topical that absorbs well without leaving behind an oily residue but that also helps to moisturizer the skin. Once I have the video for this topical recipe done then I’ll be done the primary videos in my series. Anyway, the reason I bring this up is because, like the Study Hall with all of its included info, the videos are like that to me; repositories of info ready to be mined.

Glad to have you along for the ride, Furcifer (and everyone else, too)!

All my best,
~Magnus

Back
Top Bottom