420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Beez0404

Processing has begun on #4 the smallest of the Girl Scout Cookies plants. I broke down the plant and hung the colas individually so I could check them real well. No other problems I saw. I am wet trimming some of the smaller colas and some fluffier buds. Two quick pics from the start of harvest.
Now that's a handful.

Wow the trichs are incredible on that. Sweet work.

Girl Scout Cookies Update
Today at Flip + 56 Days

Day 112 total from sprout

Down to the last two Girl Scout Cookies. The one I trimmed up for drying the other day is still in the tent with her pot drying out. When it's totally exhausted of a single drop of water I'll put the plant in the closet in the dark for 2 days, then cut her down and hand her to finish drying.

These two are finally cannibalizing their fan leaves. They have only had to be watered once in the last 10 days. On the left is the ping pong ball bud plant. Those things are hard as rocks. The plant on the right has been ready for a few days with a fair number of amber trichromes. That plant's flowers are going to a special friend who suffers from insomnia. I think when her amber numbers reach 30-40% I'll get her harvested and hung up to dry. The ping pong ball bud girl is pretty much all cloudy, just waiting on some amber crystals. Here is a photo I took just a bit ago.

Girl Scout Cookies Update
Today at Flip + 59 Days

Day 115 total from sprout

Two down with two left standing. 6.82 The first plant I harvested, the smallest of the four has been dried and trimmed up and is in the jar. Final weight on her came in at 78 grams.

OH, and I discovered that the pots I grew them in that I thought were 3 gallon pots are only 2 gallon pots. I should have taken a photo of the roots in the bottom of that first plants root mass. Very thick and dense mass of roots. SO rootbound it was sad.

The second plant is now hanging in the dark closet drying.

And here is some information requested by Matthew @Prescription Blend . I took a sample of the ProMix from about mid pot on the first GSC I harvested and did a slurry test. I'm not 100% sure the consistency of my slurry is proper so not sure of these results. After stirring the mix of the ProMix and distilled water here and there for 2 days the pH reading came in at 6.82 So down from back when I was having the issues but not down in that magical 6.5 range.

I am already planning another grow using the Rx Blend nutrient line to grow a couple of autoflowering plants. I have a bag of store bought ProMix BX I'll be using so there shouldn't be any pH issues.

A quick picture of what's left in the Girl Scout Cookies tent. I did a wet trim on two of the colas on the ping pong ball bud plant as I had pollinated them with Lemon Pie auto pollen. I also lightly dusted a couple buds on the Durban leaner the plant on the right. As I said in my last post she'll run till she has lots of amber trichromes.

Well for the uneducated folks like me does that mean I would be okay using the Prescription Blend or that other stuff in the ProMix with no ill effects?
Any nute line you like with short veg times and the right pH going in, and you should be fine if your water doesn't also have a high alkalinity content (not high pH). Longer grows combined with high alkaline water and high nitrate N will raise the pH of your substrate over time, and that's when it needs to be dealt with.
And how the heck does one get a "contact person" at ProMix? I guess that comes with the 3 time MOTY prestige?
2-time.

I sent them a question off their website a number of years ago and have had an ongoing email conversation with one of their muckity mucks at Grower Services ever since! Never once had to throw my titles around. :)

I was getting ready to harvest the last Girl Scout Cookies plant tonight (the Durban leaner) and got out my USB microscope to check on the trichromes. This is what I saw. You reckon that's from the Purpinator? No matter, she's definitely ready to come down.

I was getting ready to harvest the last Girl Scout Cookies plant tonight (the Durban leaner) and got out my USB microscope to check on the trichromes. This is what I saw. You reckon that's from the Purpinator? No matter, she's definitely ready to come down.
Is what from the Purpinator? The length of the trichomes? Or are you talking about those couple purple headed trichomes? Those are badass. Never seen them before.

Pretty trichomes!

Purpinator, according to its MSDS, is Potassium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, & Monopotassium Sulfate. So that's potassium, magnesium, and sulfur.

According to the manufacturer:
"Purpinator is a specialty nutrient additive formulated to deliver increased flavonoid, terpenoid, and resin production in your plants. In addition to these benefits, Purpinator will improve the coloration of plants with purple phenotypes."

The more you know.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Well it's almost all over now. The last one of the four Girl Scout Cookies plants is finishing up hang drying in my closet and will be trimmed up in just a few days. Something I made a mental note of was the aroma of the plants while trimming them. There of them smelled very similar and that included the largest plant, the smallest plant, and the Durban leaning plant. Their terpene profile leaned heavily towards the pinene and turpinene smelling of pine and turpentine. The fourth plant affectionately known as the ping pong ball bud plant has undertones of the aromas above but there is a distinct citrus fragrance that is very much in the forefront.

Final dry weight on the largest plant was 100 grams
Final dry weight on the ping pong ball plant was 87 grams

Here is a photo of the pot the Durban leaner was in. All four plants were in identical pots. Unmarked on the bottom but I'm going to say they were 2 gallon pots.

Back
Top Bottom