420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Modest Grower

Modest Grower

Hey everyone! Thanks for stopping by! I'm Modest Grower and I am pleased to be part of 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow sponsored by @Weed Seeds Express.

This is the first time I have ordered or received seeds from Weed Seeds Express and I'm excited to see how these Girl Scout Cookies turn out. Thank you very much to @Weed Seeds Express and @420 for this exciting opportunity.

I normally germinate my seeds by soaking them overnight and keeping them in a damp paper towel until a tap root emerges. I know a couple other people have used this method this comparative so I decided to drop 2 of mine straight into rockwool and under a humidity dome.

I will definitely be starting more of the 12 GSC seeds I received soon (in this journal) but this is my first time trying to grow hydro so I am dipping my toes in before popping all the beans. More on the set up tomorrow but here are two of the future lovely GSC ladies in their new home.

Temp is around 75 F and humidity is around 90%. Disregard the rh reading in the picture, that is the room reading.

I have the seeds on a tray over a heated mat to help with the chilly nights and a dome for humidity. I soaked the rockwool in a very light nutrient with ph at 5.5
20210504_133123.jpg

20210504_203841.jpg
20210504_210323.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by! As I mentioned, I'll cover the set up and grow details in more detail tomorrow but I wanted to at least get started and say hi! I'm learning as I go so please share your knowledge and help me grow!

Hi MG. Nice start! We’re all learning here. Thanks for sharing your knowledge so far :nerd-with-glasses:
I like the way you tried a new germination method because you’d already seen a few people document your normal way
:bravo:

Thanks for stopping by DD! Its really cool to see everyone doing their take on the same beans. So many journals and so much knowledge, I just swung into yours to catch up :popcorn: have a great night!

Count me in! I agree with DD. Great idea to germinate a different way. I've never tried rockwool . Will you be putting them into larger rockwool cubes when they're ready? Or into your hydro buckets? I've never done hydro either. Looking forward to watching your progress. Blessings!

Thanks everyone for stopping by! Great question @BakedARea I will be moving the future seedlings in rockwool to a RDWC set up which has baskets that will be filled with clay pellets. If anyone advises a different approach that works with the larger system I am always down to listen and learn! Here is their next home.

20210421_170316.jpg

This is the first RDWC I have ever tried to build and is made up of 2 - 5 gallon buckets in the tent and a large tote outside of the tent. I am hoping to benefit from some additional oxygen with a type of waterfall effect and have a 795gph air pump running a stone for each bucket. That can be upgraded to additional stones as needed. I'll also be running a water chiller once that is delivered hopefully this week.

Don't mind the reflecto tape, I was having a bit of fun while I wait and also preventing light getting to the water/nutrient mix. I could have just painted it but I had a smoke or two and some fun.

Thanks everyone for stopping by! Great question @BakedARea I will be moving the future seedlings in rockwool to a RDWC set up which has baskets that will be filled with clay pellets. If anyone advises a different approach that works with the larger system I am always down to listen and learn! Here is their next home.

20210421_170316.jpg

This is the first RDWC I have ever tried to build and is made up of 2 - 5 gallon buckets in the tent and a large tote outside of the tent. I am hoping to benefit from some additional oxygen with a type of waterfall effect and have a 795gph air pump running a stone for each bucket. That can be upgraded to additional stones as needed. I'll also be running a water chiller once that is delivered hopefully this week.

Don't mind the reflecto tape, I was having a bit of fun while I wait and also preventing light getting to the water/nutrient mix. I could have just painted it but I had a smoke or two and some fun.
That looks awesome! So much bouncing light everywhere. I wanted to laugh because of you stoned statement but like the post of the content too. Haaa haaa. You left me in a quandary of emotions!

Awesome looking setup nonetheless. I'm excited for your new adventure. Looks like it will be fun. Looking forward to seeing the massive root systems in the near future!

I'll be watching. I was looking at ways to change my DWC from last year from a 4 x 4 to a 2 x 4. You may find a few tips from my second grow link in my signature. It was a pretty sweet setup.

Thanks, @Freak Brothers we shall see how she runs. I have been following a lot of DWC folks around here prior to starting so much thanks to them if it works out! @Dano999 I hopped into your journal and everything was liked by me :rofl: well atleast in the beginning so you definitely have already helped me along the way! I'll have to pop back in and see where I got lost and left off.

Please make yourself at home @Michael Hunt I must say a lot of the design came from your journals! So many great growers here I have been pulling info from to make this possible. I am really hoping it works well but I can for sure say you all put me in a good starting place! Thanks for stopping by!!!

I am really hoping it works well but I can for sure say you all put me in a good starting place!
I can truly say the same! So much that I have learned comes directly from these types of threads here.

Your setup looks great MG and I'm sure it will perform great. The nice thing is that if anything does go wonky, you have plenty here already that can help.

@Dano999[/USER] I hopped into your journal and everything was liked by me :rofl: well at least in the beginning so you definitely have already helped me along the way! I'll have to pop back in and see where I got lost and left off.
Make sure you are looking at my second journal. The White Widow journal was a completely different set up. The DWC build starts on page two and get's pretty detailed.

Back
Top Bottom