Votes: 3 6.3%
  • greenisland

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • diesel farmer

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks 420chic! :thanks:

I don't know anything about sexing seeds, I think there may be only certain strains they can sex, was looking at lists of seeds the other day and sexed ones were only certain varieties. The experts can and probably will answer better than I can though.

They are soil grown, don't know the slightest about hydro, except that it makes damn good tomatoes! I just took a shot, had bought the light about 15 years ago and had never used it.

As I understand it, the problem with bag seed is you won't know your strain or the specs that go along with it. Also more tendency to have hermies as this is why some really good weed goes to seed, there was an undetected hermie or one they just didn't have the heart to kill it/them. Once again experts, correct me if I am wrong. I can take it, I'm cool! :slide: I got lucky. Only 2 of 9 were boys, got em out about 7 days into flower. The rest are 100% seedless females.

cotton candy is some good smoke. It is smooth and fast hitting. It stays for a long time after. It is one of my favorites. I like strawberry diesel as well and sensi star. You can't forget green crack or cheese for it's giggles.

Havn't tried strawberry diesel or sensi star that I know of. But Cotton Candy is definitely my favorite smoke.

Ill have some pics to add to the plant of the month in a few days and After seeing your Cotton Candy ive been searching for some seeds but cant find any............ Ur lucky

Yeah it is tough to find. My friend's dad in high school grew it and thats where I obtained the seeds, from a sack of weed I bought from my friend haha. There was only 2 or 3 seeds in all of the sacks I bought of it. I saved all of them. Have not seen the strain locally in quite some time.

i was wondering abot seeds from smoke so u can use them. is there ant tell tell signs of fem tendecies for seeds just wondering.. nice first grow soil, soil less or hydro?

That depends on a lot of factors and I don't believe there is any way to tell by appearance if a seed is going to be female. First, if the seed is underdeveloped, it won't be viable. Every once and a while you might find little midget, underdeveloped seeds here and there and sometimes even ones that look like a good seed but are just a bit on the small side. They won't grow anything.

Second, if the sack weed you got was heavily filled with seeds and is herm, then the seeds are most likely going to grow herm weed.

Third, if its poorly grown or crappy genetics, the seeds are only going to grow the same way, even if they are good, healthy looking seeds. Better than nothing though.

Fourth, the male factor. I usually assume at least 1/2 males conservativly when germinating seeds. That makes your odds even crappier, assuming you only have a couple seeds.

Fifth, the "unknown" factor. I think this plays more into indoor growing than outdoor. Like HolySpicoli my experience is limited to outdoor thus this is what I base my statements on. I have grown several plants from completely unknown seeds and some have turned out weak and slow to grow. Others grew into beautiful plants that turned out better than I could have ever imagined. Its a crap shoot with seeds you find in sacks you buy IMO. Personally I have had great sucess with the seeds I have kept over the years.

;)

cotton candy is out htere just don remember the link but when i do i will post it

Like HolySpicoli my experience is limited to outdoor thus this is what I base my statements on.
Actually, I am an indoor grower, described my light system above. Maybe you meant to say indoor.

As to male/female ratio, I have seen differing opinions about that. Some people believe there are typically more females than males because one male plant can fertilize many, many females (such is life, LOL). But the 50/50 ratio certainly reduces disappointment for the optimists!

And about feminized seeds, I did some further looking around yesterday, and it appears feminized come from a good breeding plan, and not from the appearance of seed (some peeps that will read this will go *DOH*). Not sure I would want them, sound like they could be tempermental, like hermie tendencies. Would definitely look further into if I was ordering seeds. I won't grow out of schwag.

Actually, I am an indoor grower, described my light system above. Maybe you meant to say indoor.

As to male/female ratio, I have seen differing opinions about that. Some people believe there are typically more females than males because one male plant can fertilize many, many females (such is life, LOL). But the 50/50 ratio certainly reduces disappointment for the optimists!

And about feminized seeds, I did some further looking around yesterday, and it appears feminized come from a good breeding plan, and not from the appearance of seed (some peeps that will read this will go *DOH*). Not sure I would want them, sound like they could be tempermental, like hermie tendencies. Would definitely look further into if I was ordering seeds. I won't grow out of schwag.

Whoops! I must have been stoned when I read this thread. Crap. Haha sorry my friend, I mistook your "soil grown" for outdoor! My bad! :tokin:

Edit: Now that I look back, you are definitely indoor. What a dummy I am. Hahha

I have a read that warmer germination of the seed will produce more female than male seeds. A typical seed does not know its sex until it is germinated.

Feminized seeds are taken from plants that are grown to 'hermie' and produce their own seeds. This effectively produces 'feminized' seeds. In turn these seeds are more likely to hermie under stressful growing conditions. I have used feminized seeds from Nirvana with no issues at all, but I am very diligent about my grow room.

Back on topic

Great looking plants all!!! GOOD LUCK!

No prob Odin. And yeah, yarddog, sorry, I know this got off subject, back to the entries and plant of the month..... :cheer:

Where is everyone?? Y'all need to set down your paraphernalia and get on the ball! I wanna see more entries!!!! :bump:

Ohhh, that bud of Major Tom's!! Anyone know what strain that is? I am gonna have to go look at his pics.

I got a sack Monday that looked like that stuff, it is pretty. But what I got was pretty dry and stemmy, especially for what I paid. Can't wait for my own shit to be done, tired of getting ripped off.

Great vid!! Full of juicy goodies.

hope you like my 1st grow. none of which, would have been made possible without the excellent people here, thanks all. Its still a week from finishing. please see my journal for some pics of the full size plant. more pics once i am able to get this big girl out of her tent.
100_1259_edit.jpg

100_1270_edit.jpg

Ohhh, that bud of Major Tom's!! Anyone know what strain that is? I am gonna have to go look at his pics.

I got a sack Monday that looked like that stuff, it is pretty. But what I got was pretty dry and stemmy, especially for what I paid. Can't wait for my own shit to be done, tired of getting ripped off.

Major Tom called it:

Killing Fields Week 11: Sannie Shop (purple pheno)

and won April Plant of the Month with it.

Hey I was wondering if I could swap out my first two photo's for these...wasn't sure I was gonna have her harvested before the end of the month...but necessity is requiring it.

Anyway I hope that is ok...:)

Here is Ilene (Big Buddha Cheese) today before I trim her...not looking forward to it...sticky girl.

Photo 1

:grinjoint:
And Photo 2

I hope I can enter these photo's instead...:popcorn:

:peace: to all the great folk here at 420Magazine!

Thanks for the ID Roseman, I hadn't yet had time to find Major Tom's gallery. Googled "purple pheno pics" and from the pics I got, yup, that's it! Beautiful!! Too bad I got the lower stemmy crap.

Thanks for the ID Roseman, I hadn't yet had time to find Major Tom's gallery. Googled "purple pheno pics" and from the pics I got, yup, that's it! Beautiful!! Too bad I got the lower stemmy crap.

Hes got a thread somewhere here with the word PURPLE in the title. Try finding his profile and look for his threads. He doesn't have very many threads at all. He only ocassionly drops in.

Back
Top Bottom