6 Bagseeds: A Journey Worth Our Time?

You're doing a good job with your 1st journal Beast. And you will get more comfortable over time. :Rasta:

You're doing a good job with your 1st journal Beast. And you will get more comfortable over time. :Rasta:
Thanks man, here's s popcorn bud for ya :love:
:laugh:

TAL01829.jpg

Hey guys hello

Few things,

A. Tent 2 - buds are smaller then tent 1 was that stage, orange hairs too.

My hunch tells me It can't be only the lights. Tho ferts are the same, even bigger pots in tent 2. 3gal vs 5gal pots.
Your thoughts? See pics sorry for blurp, they're healthy and no bugs.

20210219_125947.jpg
20210219_130002.jpg

B. Tent 1 Has 2 girls, if you don't follow closely now you know :)

B1. This is the big cola on the one on the left. Biggest yet for me.
Look at it, am I wrong to think it getting bigger and not yet ripening?
20210219_125426.jpg

B2. This is the most developed Cole on the girl on the right. (took me some samples :)
I need your opinion - I tried to get the real colors here - what do you think of it and how long do you think it might have. BTW if I Relie on the sample, that one should wight around 25 garms wet, how it should wight dry and ready?
20210219_125419.jpg

THANK YOU!

C. I took a short video inside tent one if you'd like to see.

Thank you and have a great weekend :love:

Hey guys hello

Few things,

A. Tent 2 - buds are smaller then tent 1 was that stage, orange hairs too.

My hunch tells me It can't be only the lights. Tho ferts are the same, even bigger pots in tent 2. 3gal vs 5gal pots.
Your thoughts? See pics sorry for blurp, they're healthy and no bugs.

20210219_125947.jpg
20210219_130002.jpg

B. Tent 1 Has 2 girls, if you don't follow closely now you know :)

B1. This is the big cola on the one on the left. Biggest yet for me.
Look at it, am I wrong to think it getting bigger and not yet ripening?
20210219_125426.jpg

B2. This is the most developed Cole on the girl on the right. (took me some samples :)
I need your opinion - I tried to get the real colors here - what do you think of it and how long do you think it might have. BTW if I Relie on the sample, that one should wight around 25 garms wet, how it should wight dry and ready?

THANK YOU!

C. I took a short video inside tent one if you'd like to see.

Thank you and have a great weekend :love:
Those are looking good man! I was especially checking out the pic of the plant where you say the buds are smaller. From what you show that plant looks pretty healthy. It also looks pretty bushy. Mine looked much like that my first grow. Then someone told me to do some targeted defoliation. So under their direction I removed any of my fan leaves that were blocking light from bud sites, and most all of the lower ones. The plants rely less and less on the leaves as they get further into budding, so my buddy said don't worry as I fretted about cutting leaves off. BUT - about three days after I did it I saw a HUGE improvement in how big my buds were getting. So that said, maybe it would be a good idea to try removing some leaves? I would look down from above as much as possible to get a good perspective on what buds are getting light blocked and remove the appropriate leaves. Just something to consider.

Those are looking good man! I was especially checking out the pic of the plant where you say the buds are smaller. From what you show that plant looks pretty healthy. It also looks pretty bushy. Mine looked much like that my first grow. Then someone told me to do some targeted defoliation. So under their direction I removed any of my fan leaves that were blocking light from bud sites, and most all of the lower ones. The plants rely less and less on the leaves as they get further into budding, so my buddy said don't worry as I fretted about cutting leaves off. BUT - about three days after I did it I saw a HUGE improvement in how big my buds were getting. So that said, maybe it would be a good idea to try removing some leaves? I would look down from above as much as possible to get a good perspective on what buds are getting light blocked and remove the appropriate leaves. Just something to consider.
Thank you so much.
I have removed a ton last few days! On both tents actually. You did reassured me that they do rely less on fan leaves. I thought that's where energy is stored and was careful of that.
I will remove more after the weekend.
This artistic wannabe pic was taken at the start...i took 4 times that :)
20210219_143624.jpg

Forgot the pic there....

Thank you so much.
I have removed a ton last few days! On both tents actually. You did reassured me that they do rely less on fan leaves. I thought that's where energy is stored and was careful of they.
20210219_143624.jpg

Forgot the pic there....
Nice! It'll be interesting to see how the buds are affected. Yeah, I was paranoid as hell to remove a single leaf on my first grow. I had the same thoughts as you. Here's a pic of my first grow when it was at about the same point as yours. I show you this to show you what an out of control tent with no defoliation looks like. I could've probably significantly impacted my yield if I had known shit about defoliation. That pic looks great, right? My yield was only 11 1/2 ounces for the entire 5x5 from five plants. That completely sucks ass (in my opinion). And when I asked my buddy about it his first thing was, "I guess your colas were great but that's about all you got and the rest was kinda flarfy, right?" And he was right. This time I researched defoliation heavily and hopefully have a better handle on it. We'll see.

Thank you so much.
I have removed a ton last few days! On both tents actually. You did reassured me that they do rely less on fan leaves. I thought that's where energy is stored and was careful of they.
20210219_143624.jpg

Forgot the pic there....
Hey Dabeast09 how are you doing. I used a defoliation technique recommended by another website. Wont say name, but it wasn't the right advice for me. I found if I trimmed leaves off that she just put more energy into growing the leaves that were left. It was a cycle of defeating myself every grow.
I never maxed out my tent till I just got too lazy one grow and just left everything alone. I almost doubled my pull that time. So I did it next grow and same result.
Now I lollipop at 2 weeks and don't touch them after that. Just my 2 cents.

Nice! It'll be interesting to see how the buds are affected. Yeah, I was paranoid as hell to remove a single leaf on my first grow. I had the same thoughts as you. Here's a pic of my first grow when it was at about the same point as yours. I show you this to show you what an out of control tent with no defoliation looks like. I could've probably significantly impacted my yield if I had known shit about defoliation. That pic looks great, right? My yield was only 11 1/2 ounces for the entire 5x5 from five plants. That completely sucks ass (in my opinion). And when I asked my buddy about it his first thing was, "I guess your colas were great but that's about all you got and the rest was kinda flarfy, right?" And he was right. This time I researched defoliation heavily and hopefully have a better handle on it. We'll see.
Sorry forgot the pic:

IMG_1230.jpg

Hey Dabeast09 how are you doing. I used a defoliation technique recommended by another website. Wont say name, but it wasn't the right advice for me. I found if I trimmed leaves off that she just put more energy into growing the leaves that were left. It was a cycle of defeating myself every grow.
I never maxed out my tent till I just got too lazy one grow and just left everything alone. I almost doubled my pull that time. So I did it next grow and same result.
Hey Bill - yeah that's the other side of the coin apparently. That's why I was so scared to take any leaves at all off. And also why I when I did I tried to take only the ones that were covering bud sites. This question seems to be a split opinion thing among growers as far as I can tell. I also found I could "tuck" leaves under stems rather than cutting them and expose bud sites that way, but it quickly got out of control on me. But your point is well taken.

Hey Bill - yeah that's the other side of the coin apparently. That's why I was so scared to take any leaves at all off. And also why I when I did I tried to take only the ones that were covering bud sites. This question seems to be a split opinion thing among growers as far as I can tell. I also found I could "tuck" leaves under stems rather than cutting them and expose bud sites that way, but it quickly got out of control on me. But your point is well taken.
Defoliation sounds like a good idea on the surface. And I did it extensively for the longest time. I guess its a preference issue now like flushing. I found other techniques that seem to be working well for me, but as far as defol goes I will not be recommending that one to other growers. I'm sure there are people who have got it to work for them but after 2 week mark I don't touch anything.

Your 2 cents are much appreciated bill, that's why I post

Defoliation sounds like a good idea on the surface. And I did it extensively for the longest time. I guess its a preference issue now like flushing. I found other techniques that seem to be working well for me, but as far as defol goes I will not be recommending that one to other growers. I'm sure there are people who have got it to work for them but after 2 week mark I don't touch anything.
Good point. I was careful to word it in a way that said "this works for me, it might work for you." But your point is well taken and your experience speaks for itself. Thanks. I don't wanna screw up anyone else's grow. I'm curious about your assertion that flushing is a preference issue? Don't you flush? I've read a ton of science on it and it seems pretty solid, but again I see many who think it's crap. What's your feeling on the flush?

Your 2 cents are much appreciated bill, that's why I post
Dabeast09 - Bill is WAY more experienced than I am. Like, worlds more. He made a good point in letting me know that recommending anything that half of people disagree with (defoliation is a 50/50 thing apparently) is maybe not the best idea. So take what I said with a grain of salt please. I personally would listen to Bill before listening to me. Lol! He's now got me reconsidering my position.

Good point. I was careful to word it in a way that said "this works for me, it might work for you." But your point is well taken and your experience speaks for itself. Thanks. I don't wanna screw up anyone else's grow. I'm curious about your assertion that flushing is a preference issue? Don't you flush? I've read a ton of science on it and it seems pretty solid, but again I see many who think it's crap. What's your feeling on the flush?
I did flush for years following recommendations from others,not having experience. Then I started to read research into the topic. Sorry I'm unable to include articles for saurce confirmation. But it was scientific and well done.
Bottom line was the group of people that tested the buds couldn't tell difference in flavor or smoke. Also the size and quantity of the unflushed plants were slightly better, can't remember off hand volume but there was a difference.
Given the fact that nutrients in your buds are not removable regardless of how much clean water you wash their roots with I quit flushing.
I think the analogy was its like having dirty hair and washing your feet trying to clean your hair. To each his own, defol and flush. Not my thing but lots of people swear by it so that's great for them. If you look at my girls you can see big healthy plants with all their leaves and lots of nutrients right up until I turn the lights off for harvest. Happy growing friend.

I'm also interested in what @
Dabeast09 - Bill is WAY more experienced than I am. Like, worlds more. He made a good point in letting me know that recommending anything that half of people disagree with (defoliation is a 50/50 thing apparently) is maybe not the best idea. So take what I said with a grain of salt please. I personally would listen to Bill before listening to me. Lol! He's now got me reconsidering my position.
Its ok bro I know that Bill is experiencd as hell, and you are like myself are very humble and don't need all that explanations, I learn from you also, I leard from everyone.

Look! I learned to make dub! Who would ever dream of pressing a bud for puny amount of that shit!
It's a brave new world lmfao
20210218_222936.jpg
20210218_223220_001.jpg

That was not my intention im not trying to soy you have made a mistake.
Lots of people do it and recommend it. I'm just saying I don't anymore.
Try different things techniques and training we are all still learning. Its just my method, there are lots of other things people do that work that I don't do. Doesn't mean either of us is wrong.

I did flush for years following recommendations from others,not having experience. Then I started to read research into the topic. Sorry I'm unable to include articles for saurce confirmation. But it was scientific and well done.
Bottom line was the group of people that tested the buds couldn't tell difference in flavor or smoke. Also the size and quantity of the unflushed plants were slightly better, can't remember off hand volume but there was a difference.
Given the fact that nutrients in your buds are not removable regardless of how much clean water you wash their roots with I quit flushing.
I think the analogy was its like having dirty hair and washing your feet trying to clean your hair. To each his own, defol and flush. Not my thing but lots of people swear by it so that's great for them. If you look at my girls you can see big healthy plants with all their leaves and lots of nutrients right up until I turn the lights off for harvest. Happy growing friend.
Interesting. And you use nutes to the end pretty much? And you never get buds that don't burn to clean white ash? Or taste like chemicals?

Interesting. And you use nutes to the end pretty much? And you never get buds that don't burn to clean white ash? Or taste like chemicals?
Buds burn great , no bad taste or issues. I'll try and find the study i read with all the info.
I'm not trying to get anyone to stop flushing its a preference. All I'm saying is read a bit about it from other growers that don't and see what they get for smoke. Or maybe try not flushing just one on the next run and see if you can tell the difference. For me it works no flush, so that's what I do and am happy. Others swear by it, so I'm not arguing.

Back
Top Bottom