Advice Needed

Scarpydooooo

Hello everyone, i'm attempting my first grow. From what I'm reading, I'm starting to realize its a pretty large sized grow. All i have is google and common sense while designing and starting this room so any help would be amazing!

Grow Space 20x20x16
9 Gavita 1000 DE
Great airflow in and out
Using 8 4x8 trays
32 12x12 inch pots per tray
234 plants total
going to run nets over each tray and try and weave them all over the place.
I'm doing all the math and hoping for 2 ounces a plant, given i really do find a great strain.

am i crazy? to think i can get 2 oz a plant with this set up?
ill post some pics

thanks

Gday champ lookin good i was just wondering if u have another room or box to propagate and get them growing.If i was u i would do autoflowers as they pretty much look after themselves and u can watch and learn most aspects of growing.Doin 200 odd plants is a lot of work.Also the whole room will need complete dakness if u are not doin autos 12 hrs complete darkness to help switch them to flower cycle.Do u no wat lights ur gunna use.U can buy auto seeds from plenty of places personally i use CropKing seeds and would happily recommend them to absolutely everyone.Mayb buying so many seeds you might b able to work out a deal with a seed company.Autos take a specified time to finish so roughly every 3 or so months u would need seeds.Man i wish u the best of luck and i hope i helped a little

Hello everyone, i'm attempting my first grow. From what I'm reading, I'm starting to realize its a pretty large sized grow. All i have is google and common sense while designing and starting this room so any help would be amazing!

Grow Space 20x20x16
9 Gavita 1000 DE
Great airflow in and out
Using 8 4x8 trays
32 12x12 inch pots per tray
234 plants total
going to run nets over each tray and try and weave them all over the place.
I'm doing all the math and hoping for 2 ounces a plant, given i really do find a great strain.

am i crazy? to think i can get 2 oz a plant with this set up?
ill post some pics

thanks

I definitely think you're in the ballpark. You're running 8000 watts of good hps over about 250 sqft of canopy for a little over 30 watts/sqft. That's a bit low but you can always add more as you go. I routinely got 1 ounce/sqft under 600 watts in a 4x4 ... very similar power.

You're gonna scrog, otherwise you'd probably find that many plants are too crowded for a 4x8. I average 7 plants in my 4x4, half as many.

On second thought, 2 ounces/sqft is probably optimistic. :cheesygrinsmiley: It can be done, but that would be at the top of the yield range for your space and power.

:Namaste:

Thank you for the responses. I was going to try a sog type thing where the bottoms of the plants are basically disposed of. I have 9 gavotte 1000DE lights. I have only this room and was going to buy clones from a place called harborside. They are like 10 bucks a clone. I wish I knew someone in the area that grew lol, this would be much easier. Anyone in Sacramento area!! :(

I was going to veg for 3 weeks until the plants are nicely maneuvered thru the 2" net . I was told by a guy at a local store that at about 20" they should be nicely entangled thru the nets and ready to be on a 12/12 schedule.

I just started this whole mess 4 days ago and am not sure whats good advice and whats horrible advice!!! I'm trying my best to minimize the learning curve. Also am looking to focus 120% of efforts on a good strain, common sense tells me that your pretty much only as good as your strain. Same thing goes for a company, your only as good as the 100 workers that work for you.

Im incapable of thinking of everything obviously so please everyone throw any and everything at me! it's also not to late to go down to smaller pots if needed. I have no idea on medium, I'm leaning towards a 90% coco base due to me already spending 10k on this room.

Thanks everyone that reads this and i will def be keeping everyone posted throughout the process. I'm hoping to break the chain on the limits for beginner and get a real life completed run and map out the whole thing in details. I have a degree in accounting and mathmatics, as well as minor in organizational management, from a mathematical perspective,9 1000 watt has lights should be adequate for a 375sqft grow area and produce 2 to 3 oz per plant.
Im starting to realize my expectations are insane from everyone I've talked to, but its what I'm shooting for and with only 9000 watts of light.
Sorry for the long message, but i just want everyone to understand my motive so they understand how I'm coming up with this numbers.

Have you considered starting with a smaller grow, like just a few plants, to learn some basics? There is a huge learning curve and it can get a bit stressful with a large grow, even when you've had a few years experience. Failing that, do you have access to an experienced henchperson (or two) who can help?

I know I'm starting to feel that way already. I don't know anyone from here. Im from up in Humboldt but now live 5 hours south. Good news is i have had the local sheriff department come out and say I'm good to go for what thats worth.
I figured i could just live on the internet and hopefully get enough to atlas break even. Breaking even would be a success honestly, obviously i want a lot more.

i need to go buy medium and have no idea what to get!
I also need to figure out a netting system and have no idea where to start!

Hmmm... Well, no doubt there are many experienced growers around for whom it would be a dream job. But if you don't know anybody there then you may not be trusting enough to put out a help wanted ad. You are certainly taking on a huge challenge. Cannabis isn't the money maker that people think it is, at least not without lots of experience. Whether growing one plant, or 200, people hit the same learning curve issues. On top of that, it's just an incredible amount of plain old Work!
I won't keep harping on about it though. Just had to be said :)
You could start a journal here. You'd get lots of help, and it would be very interesting to follow.

Wow!
There's nothing like jumping in with both feet before you look. :rofl:

:goodluck: You came to the right place to learn and if it is possible to succeed on such a large scale your first time out, this is the place to help you make it happen.

I didn't see a journal for you in the "Journals in Progress" sub-forum. Have you considered starting with a smaller batch to test your setup?

Back
Top Bottom