First Grow Advice Needed

PPFarm1133

420 Member
The plants (Juicy Fruit/Purple Dream/JoJo) are 21 days into flower. I started with 9. Being new to this I wasn't able to sex until a week into flower. I started with LST and also topped the plants. I used a volley ball net to spread my canopy in order to spread the wealth in regards to light penetration. My question is this; Should I trim under my net in order to have the plants focus on bud production above?

I apologize for the quality of my pictures. I appreciate any advice. Even if you notice something im doing wrong, please let me know. I'm not foolish enough to think I know everything. Thanks to all and happy growing

Attachments

• 20191221_120909.jpg
    20191221_120909.jpg
    863.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 20191221_120806.jpg
    20191221_120806.jpg
    756.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 20191221_120702.jpg
    20191221_120702.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 84
  • Juicy Fruit.jpg
    Juicy Fruit.jpg
    724.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Purple Dream.jpg
    Purple Dream.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 68
  • JoJo.jpg
    JoJo.jpg
    721.2 KB · Views: 68
I've been using MiracleGro Bloom Booster Every 10 days. So three times now. My education has been completely based on online research. I've read that over feeding is more harmful and less is more...? Is there a happy medium?

There is no one perfect nutrient solution. Different strains may complain, while others are perfectly happy. Keep an eye on your plants for signs of nutrient excesses and deficiencies, and correct them as soon as possible. If you haven't already done so, have a look at Jorge Cervantes, Cannabis Nutrient Deficiencies and Excesses. Google will find it for you.

Should I trim under my net in order to have the plants focus on bud production above?
I wouldn't worry about- there's not much growing under the net, not enough to worry about.

I used to grow outdoors with Miracle Grow-I burnt a few with it at first,so I always fed at a little over 50% of what they recommend,and it worked pretty well.
That was the plant food,though- not the bloom booster.

If you want to try a plant food that's made exclusively for cannabis,and totally affordable, you might consider giving Mega Crop a look- you can get a free sample of it from their website,just pay shipping (about 4$)-it's a 300g sample,so probably enough to finish out this grow,and complete another one before you'd need to get more.

There's a thread dedicated to it:
It's great stuff, and as easy to use as Miracle Grow !

Your plants look good! I am on the other side of the fence with this, I trim off everything usually to within about 8 to 12 inches from the tip and eventually everything removed below the net, and then remove most fan leaves above the net to let the light through to the buds to encourage heavy stacking. After many years of harvesting popcorn bud I realized that by focussing the same amount of food energy all at the tip results in bigger, easier to harvest buds. I leave enough fan leaves to supply energy, and my yields have been very good and are improving each run.

It may be too late for this run, but I would recommend you tip those tall plants to make them push the side stems out more, resulting in a table top of buds all receiving the same amount of light.

Side shot of tips stretching through the net

Top view of buds filling space, and just prior to fan leaf thinning

Earlier side shot of canopy being lifted as the plant approaches the net.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, PPF !
I use Mega Crop,so I don't flush, but here's a thread that has some info for you:
(old thread,but the info is still valid)

I ended up giving the girls a pretty intense haircut. With my medium being organic MaricleGro and using the bloom booster every ten days....at what stage in flower do I need to flush and how do I do it properly?
I stop my nutrients after 6 weeks from the light flip, and then run it out the last 2 or three weeks on ph buffered RO water. I harvest at milky but before amber generally.

I stop my nutrients after 6 weeks from the light flip, and then run it out the last 2 or three weeks on ph buffered RO water. I harvest at milky but before amber generally.
Regarding milky vs. amber...Why do you choose to harvest at that point? What is the gain vs. waiting

Regarding milky vs. amber...Why do you choose to harvest at that point? What is the gain vs. waiting
According to most sources I have read, amber denotes degradation in the trichomes from thc to cbd. So if the goal is to have the strongest thc levels, you should harvest before you see amber.

According to most sources I have read, amber denotes degradation in the trichomes from thc to cbd. So if the goal is to have the strongest thc levels, you should harvest before you see amber.

Close, but it's CBN the THC is changed into. This is desirable by many of us, as CBN helps put you to sleep.

Close, but it's CBN the THC is changed into. This is desirable by many of us, as CBN helps put you to sleep.
Thanks for the correction. As a total chronic I have to say I never have trouble falling to sleep, unless for some reason I don't have my herb for the day, and so maximizing thc has always been my goal!! But I realize some people do. :Rasta:

A few @ day 27

Attachments

• IMG_4240.jpg
    IMG_4240.jpg
    730.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4248.jpg
    IMG_4248.jpg
    836.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4246.jpg
    IMG_4246.jpg
    994.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4233.jpg
    IMG_4233.jpg
    957.7 KB · Views: 55
  • FullSizeR (1).jpg
    FullSizeR (1).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 54
  • FullSizeR (3).jpg
    FullSizeR (3).jpg
    870.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4233.jpg
    IMG_4233.jpg
    957.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4234.jpg
    IMG_4234.jpg
    889 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4235.jpg
    IMG_4235.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4240.jpg
    IMG_4240.jpg
    730.5 KB · Views: 47
A few @ day 27

You've got a few weeks to go yet. The pistils will need to be mostly amber before the trichomes will start to change color. When you examine the trichomes look at those on the calyxes, not the sugar leaves. Those on the sugar leaves turn before those on the calyxes (flowers).

I've read about harvesting earlier if you're wanting to use the plant for oils and cooking? That is easier for mom to ingest. I'll still roll her a few so she can go do what she loves. Which is play golf. So I guess my question is; do all three plants need to be harvested at the same time?

Back
Top Bottom