Advice on harvesting bonsai’d plant

I'm growing Auto's. On Day 85 & still have at least 2 weeks to harvest the 1st 2 plants & 4 weeks to harvest the other 2.
Auto's can take 8 - 15 weeks. Yours are getting frosty but still have a long way to go. There are no limitations to what you can grow if you have a room to do it in. This is 4 Auto's in a 5' x 10' tent.
GEDC5554.JPG
GEDC5556.JPG
Oh wow they look great!! I’m just doing a really amateur grow since its my first (also because it’s illegal here haha)

Good luck on the grow! Can’t wait to see the end result!

Do you have Medical Marijuana Dispensaries ? If so, get your card & apply to be a mmj caretaker. In AZ. you can have up to 5 patients & grow 12 plants per patient + 12 for yourself. 72 plants at a time is the max. That's the easiest way to grow legally in your home. The best part is the patients pay for the supplies. You grow it & you get 1/2. You're more or less getting paid in weed to grow for them but at your house.

Do you have Medical Marijuana Dispensaries ? If so, get your card & apply to be a mmj caretaker. In AZ. you can have up to 5 patients & grow 12 plants per patient + 12 for yourself. 72 plants at a time is the max. That's the easiest way to grow legally in your home. The best part is the patients pay for the supplies. You grow it & you get 1/2. You're more or less getting paid in weed to grow for them but at your house.
That's it! F the southeast, I'm headed west!

I was pretty surprised when I 1st looked into it but that's the law here. I wouldn't move until after this presidential election. Trumps going after all the Seniors by offering zero medical co-pay for those over 65. Someone running will probably say they will legalize marijuana at the Federal level. That day is coming & I think it will happen this election.
It's so close to legal now that something has to happen soon. Cigarette companies will probably throw money at the candidate who says they'll legalize it because that will make them a fortune in the long run. Tobacco is becoming a dying business as less & less people are becoming smokers in that sense. We just have to get rid of the owner of Discount Tire because he donates millions to prevent it from being legal. I wont use Discount at all because of that. He aint getting my money to use to prevent me from getting weed legalized.

I'm growing Auto's. On Day 85 & still have at least 2 weeks to harvest the 1st 2 plants & 4 weeks to harvest the other 2.
Auto's can take 8 - 15 weeks. Yours are getting frosty but still have a long way to go. There are no limitations to what you can grow if you have a room to do it in. This is 4 Auto's in a 5' x 10' tent.
GEDC5554.JPG
GEDC5556.JPG
Thanks!! Yours look awesome!!

So you reckon a couple of more weeks till mines ready??

It could be as long as 3-4 more weeks. You'll know it's getting close to time when at least 50% of the white hairs turn orange / red. After that happens you can harvest then or keep going til you get 75% - 80% Red Hairs which increases the couch lock effect. You determine your harvest by the type of high you want to get from it. I'm telling you this method assuming you don't have a microscope to look at trichrome color to see if it's clear, milky or amber colored. The less Red Hairs the more head high & less couch lock effect. More Red Hairs stronger high with more couch lock effect. You don't want to pass 80% though because at that point the buds start losing potency.

It could be as long as 3-4 more weeks. You'll know it's getting close to time when at least 50% of the white hairs turn orange / red. After that happens you can harvest then or keep going til you get 75% - 80% Red Hairs which increases the couch lock effect. You determine your harvest by the type of high you want to get from it. I'm telling you this method assuming you don't have a microscope to look at trichrome color to see if it's clear, milky or amber colored. The less Red Hairs the more head high & less couch lock effect. More Red Hairs stronger high with more couch lock effect. You don't want to pass 80% though because at that point the buds start losing potency.
The majority of the hairs have turned brown!! And the trichomes look milky?? I’ll post a pic I took through my jewellers thing.

Do you think it’s possible that this is the size the buds will stay due to being so stunted?? The updated pictures are in a post above.
AC536A55-1652-4AFD-9F8C-09E35A283567.jpeg
C2AABADF-8AB2-4685-B168-6761184DCF6D.jpeg
333597B2-F65B-47C8-844B-0E32F95C4803.jpeg
54B46CD2-B79A-4863-9321-1C20E0F822DA.jpeg

It looks like there's some milky areas & some clear areas. Since you have a Jewelers Loop I'd go by the color of the trichs.
You don't really want anything clear. The more Amber they turn the stronger the effect. Looks like they're getting close to changing color. As far as the size of the buds. They probably wont get much bigger if the hairs are turning brown. But sometimes all of a sudden they put out a ton of white hairs just as you think you are close to harvest. Had that happen a couple times. I also had a runt Critical 2.0. When the buds dried they were all popcorn buds & I only got a 1/2 oz. from it. The smoke was still good; just not much of it. So different things could still happen. But go by the Amber Trichs to determine your harvest. I like a strong couch lock high so I try to wait till I'm around 75% Amber. I'd take a guess at saying another 10 - 14 days for that to happen with yours. That's going to be one sticky plant when it's done.

Okay guys, i have a feeling my girl is ready to be harvested now? What do you think? The hairs are all orange, and she’s not getting much fatter. Really need some advice
C45C7AF6-C12F-4B48-ABD6-F782832AE66A.jpeg
008D4CD0-933A-492B-A348-2A83A58C49CB.jpeg

Attachments

• DE4BB033-0B72-4DB9-9A73-96E0A2E07935.jpeg
    DE4BB033-0B72-4DB9-9A73-96E0A2E07935.jpeg
    501.8 KB · Views: 84
Canada is just 4 plants bud. Im jealous lol

oh jeez is it only 4? lol jk. i got my mother to get a prescription so if i grow more and anything happens it'll be a waste of time to bust me up. she's allowed 14 plants, and lives in the other apartment where i live so i'm growing for her i guess lol. even tho the laws are shady i feel like you'd have to be growing a massive amount and selling it to kids for them to actually kick down your door.

also, that's a cute little plant OP

What color are the Triches? I think you said some were milky & some clear about a week ago so they may have changed color by now. I'd go with a minimum of 50% Amber. Keep in mind your plant will put on it's most weight during the last 2 weeks. Usually your bottom leaves will turn yellow telling you it's time to harvest. If you are using nutes now is the time to up the dosage to around 75% strength & see what happens. I usually go 75% my last 2 weeks & then flush, let my medium & roots dry out over a couple days & then harvest.

What color are the Triches? I think you said some were milky & some clear about a week ago so they may have changed color by now. I'd go with a minimum of 50% Amber. Keep in mind your plant will put on it's most weight during the last 2 weeks. Usually your bottom leaves will turn yellow telling you it's time to harvest. If you are using nutes now is the time to up the dosage to around 75% strength & see what happens. I usually go 75% my last 2 weeks & then flush, let my medium & roots dry out over a couple days & then harvest.

I tried to check last night but it was so hard to tell. I’ll check again later on. But the bottom leaves are actually turning yellow and curling up? I guess that might mean something!

Okay thanks, I’ll hang on a little longer. Should I stop watering with nutes? Last time I watered I didn’t add any

If you plan to flush her at the end you can give straight PH'ed water now till the end, but this is commonly debated lately it seems. Turns out a few members here don't like to flush and feel it's not necessary… As I said "debatable"... So you choose the method you would like to try and go from there.

If you plan to flush her at the end you can give straight PH'ed water now till the end, but this is commonly debated lately it seems. Turns out a few members here don't like to flush and feel it's not necessary… As I said "debatable"... So you choose the method you would like to try and go from there.
Basically everywhere I’ve read says to flush before harvest so I just assumed that was normal practice!! I heard it helps get rid of the chemical taste from the nutes so I just figured I’d do the same. I’m using organic nutes so not sure if that makes a difference for the “chemical” taste! Tbh I probably will flush

Basically everywhere I’ve read says to flush before harvest so I just assumed that was normal practice!! I heard it helps get rid of the chemical taste from the nutes so I just figured I’d do the same. I’m using organic nutes so not sure if that makes a difference for the “chemical” taste! Tbh I probably will flush

Personally I flush since I have yet to directly compare a flushed to non-flushed bud. One of these days I will leave one plant not flushed just to experiment for myself and then make my own decision based upon my own findings.

I've done it both ways & you can't taste any nutes at all if you don't flush. I'm on my final 2 weeks with my last 2 plants from this grow & I'm not doing a flush on them. Instead I up the dosage from 50% to 75% strength on my nutes. It does seem to add a little more weight & get stickier that way. Some people just use Molasses Water the Final 2 weeks to increase the resin production & make the weed taste sweeter. I've done that also.

Back
Top Bottom