Advice please

Last time I looked on Amazon for loupes there were at least 40 different versions, all equally good. You don't need to spend a lot to get good enough quality to do the job at hand. I like the versions that include a 30x and a 60x lens. Pick one.
But the one I need to find one with extra wide lenses.

I don't find that to be true in my hempy setup. They stop drinking when they are done. Never had lockout.

mine have locked out. hempy is a bit easier but it will lock like any other hydro. hydro rules still apply in hempy.

@Kismet yea I seen 40x ones but you either get 30x and 60x or just 40x , my new one came in mail today haven't tried. Originally ordered this 60x 120x but its basically like a mini lab scope at 4 inches high u have to slide from 60 to 120 did have led but also had a scroll for focus. Like Emilya said inpossible to stay still and focus at same time ud catch less then a second.

Now I'm about to mix up my nutes for week 9, most of my trichomes looking clear still, I believe when I used the 60x I may have seen a few. In one trichrome does it start turning at the head or at the base or who thing at once? Looked like I seen a few cloudy mushroom heads but still majority clear. @bluter @Kismet @Backlipslide @Emilya week 8 I did strength I worked my way up to. Week 8 didnt see like it ate much at all and so should I mix like half or even 1/4 strength but keep my PK high. Some flush some dont I was told hydro doesnt need to. Soi have to cut down way before this point last time like 2-3 weeks early surprisingly still had decent yield flavor and thc content super sticky. So plz help before I do my water change tonight

have no idea of your nute line, feed sched, current ppm, target ppm, etc

i can tell you they will ramp in feed requirements til about 2/3 of the way through flower. them plateau. then back off just a touch. that is pretty general and changes with different plants / strains. how that looks for you in your nute line i can't say.

i use MC and feed by read now.

@bluter well seems they have plateaued. Drinking , eating just not ask much. Was using tap water ppm 210-250 so my target was right around 1250 1300 max by next water change I'd be around 800. This time lowest it had got was around 1000. So I'll cut them back a little bit. Now I used rdwc with hydroton. Some say no need to flush , others say flush atleast last 48-72 hours with just some spring water. And have you ever experimented in day light shortening, not sure what proper name is but like last nine days u go from 12-12 to 11 on 13 of to 10 on 14 of and then reverse it until you basically back to 18/6. I was told yes 12/12 puts them into flower, but by doing this your speeding up the seasons thus plant ones one final good push to get its fruit bigger , someone told me about it. But then I just read it but they only went to 10 on 14 off bc some plants from closer to equator they start budding at 14 hr days but because of location take forever. So this would help speed up flower time not sure about the goin back to 18 on 6 off. Although seems to make sense. So anyways

Ima mix half strength but I'll keep bloom booster just PK close to 100% if not like 75 60% of recommended dose.

Plz let me know about the lighting and and opinions or exp with full hydro and flushing before harvest. Because I did see some mushroom heads looking milky. Not sure I want the seditive affect of letting them go amber, 3 of 4 of then are indica dominate hybrids

i start at 12 / 12 for for flower and reduce to 11 / 13 by the second wk after flip. have a massive cob rig in the flower room and they hit fast. i run 11 /13 the rest of the way through flower.

11 / 13 is great to run if you have enough rig for it. the plants require a minimum amount of exposure. if it isn't there, it's best to leave it at 12 / 12.

flushing isn't a huge thing and you shouldn't get hung up on it. i flush different than anyone on the board. i flush according to old school hydro rules. old. skool.

i don't really worry about flushing now. MC doesn't really require it.

BCB24627-EDD0-449E-87F1-0F9072778B4D.jpeg

@bluter @Kismet @Backlipslide , so @bluter what's old school method? Kismet only bluter got back to me said keep it normal I think that is my ppms u said get to 200 300 well I bought 21g of spring water cause I forgot to declorinate tap water. But I got it around half of what I was running. Now I know they say cloudy milky but its hard to really notice bc so many light bouncing off like diamonds but they are getting milking or more like cloudy.

Now Backlip one of my plants I did see the amber heads so looked like the pic all the way to the right.

I've heard of it being done but never talked to someone that practiced it or if it works. So when I go to harvest and have some lower ones that could use a few more days of light anyone have trimmed and left some lower branches / colas to mature further or from the shock of it being pruned would they stop and mise well cut the whole plant?

I've only used the hanging method to dry, and last time in Feb 2018 is when I trimmed. I took coat hangers didnt trim wet ( lesson learned ) hung about 5 to 6 branches much as I could fit without touching inncloemy location and the humidity took around 2 weeks..
But I bought a 4 inch can exhaust and intake fan to make my 4x2 a drying tent. Was told best to keep same temp as it was flowering in that true? So like 77 during day wont get that hot no light then nights low as 62. Had other people tell me to get trying racks remove nug by nug but if you dont toss daily they will get flat spots. But also told it's best to harvest under green light Ns not exposing bud to light. I believe all is rdy to be cut , majority of the trichromes are cloudy, one plant I see it mixed so has some amber on them. Bluter tell me the old school metjid

Now Backlip one of my plants I did see the amber heads so looked like the pic all the way to the right.
That’s the type of high your looking for as well right?

I've heard of it being done but never talked to someone that practiced it or if it works. So when I go to harvest and have some lower ones that could use a few more days of light anyone have trimmed and left some lower branches / colas to mature further or from the shock of it being pruned would they stop and mise well cut the whole plant?
Yes, you can absolutely do a partial harvest, and let the rest to ripen up more. Many do it, it’s proved to work for many, and many more to come. I’ve never personally done it though.

I've only used the hanging method to dry, and last time in Feb 2018 is when I trimmed. I took coat hangers didnt trim wet ( lesson learned ) hung about 5 to 6 branches much as I could fit without touching inncloemy location and the humidity took around 2 weeks..
But I bought a 4 inch can exhaust and intake fan to make my 4x2 a drying tent. Was told best to keep same temp as it was flowering in that true? So like 77 during day wont get that hot no light then nights low as 62. Had other people tell me to get trying racks remove nug by nug but if you dont toss daily they will get flat spots. But also told it's best to harvest under green light Ns not exposing bud to light. I believe all is rdy to be cut , majority of the trichromes are cloudy, one plant I see it mixed so has some amber on them. Bluter tell me the old school metjid
Great idea making your tent, a drying tent. Best to dry them in the dark. I’m no professional about drying, I just kinda do it. What I can help with though, is dont point your fan directly on the plants, but the idea is to just keep the air moving around the plant to avoid mold. Check the link in my signature on drying and curing. There’s bound to be some great pointers in there for you!

@Backlipslide thanks for all the input and no thats not the high I want I only seen very few so it's ready to cut, and I'm going to try and leave any lower ones that still have more white hairs then orange . And yes my 4x2 is dark. Such a small airspace I probably wont have a fan in the tent I bought a cheap inline fan put like a small wet dry vac filter over it and that's my in take and then bought a small 4 inch can as well as a 4 inch exhaust so even though they are like 100 cfm inline and I the exhaust is 195, need little extra strength sucking thru the filter. My tent is 40 cubic feet so on not sure exactly what it does when adding the Canister but at full speed it would be moving all the air in the tent 4.8 times a minute at full speed not sure with a can on it and but should have plenty of air flow. If u think I need an additional fan plz tell me I have of those 6 inch clip on fans. And I know u want them to dry slow as possible but should I add a super small dehumidifier in there?

Back
Top Bottom