Advocate420's A Fresh Start - 600W - Soil Grow 2017 - Pineapple Chunk & Purple Crack

P Chunk is usually pretty dense Andrew heavy for its size, and very strong....

Whoops typo didn't mean to call you Andrew...
;)
I've been growing this plant for a few years and it's a real love hate relationship because I actually find it to be a real pain in the ass to grow in almost every way. Except the actual smoke is very good.

The boveda packs are really handy. RH in my stash area hovers around 60 anyway. But if yours is drier than that as most climates are- you may need to rehydrate a little. Those jars look like the kind that don't really seal well (if they're the pop-top style). I could be mistaken there.
Congrats on the harvest!

The boveda packs are really handy. RH in my stash area hovers around 60 anyway. But if yours is drier than that as most climates are- you may need to rehydrate a little. Those jars look like the kind that don't really seal well though I could be mistaken.
Congrats on the harvest!
I use lemon wedges (not just the peels) to rehydrate the jars in the early days of drying if I overshoot. But then I have a meter in there to know exactly what's going on! Also Advocate, those jars are packed way too tightly. 3/4 full at most. You'll need to be able to roll the jar and have the buds separate.

That's one dank looking tent! I hope you have a use for all the trim, it looks very sugary.
Thank you ! Ice water hash. 3 bags of sticky fresh frozen to give a go.
Do you have a hygrometer to measure the RH in the jars? I own 8 and have one in every jar until they're sealed for the cure with the Boveda 62s.
I do both an internet monitored wireless one and a regular. I’m also using 62s. The pineapple jar is ready 62. I will still need to get more jars and maybe add another pack.

The boveda packs are really handy. RH in my stash area hovers around 60 anyway. But if yours is drier than that as most climates are- you may need to rehydrate a little. Those jars look like the kind that don't really seal well (if they're the pop-top style). I could be mistaken there.
Congrats on the harvest!
They are the cheap push down tops you would be correct. I wasn’t sure if the humidity packs would do it for re hydration.
Thank you !
I use lemon wedges (not just the peels) to rehydrate the jars in the early days of drying if I overshoot. But then I have a meter in there to know exactly what's going on! Also Advocate, those jars are packed way too tightly. 3/4 full at most. You'll need to be able to roll the jar and have the buds separate.
Yes I was just showing off the two plants. I will separate some agree. I was also hoping it being a little over packed might help get humidity up and maybe slow down things for cure.

Well I definitely dried them too fast. But in the jars with humidity packs today, hope I didn’t kill them. Filled two of the large jars. Didn’t have the savvy to weigh it though.

Here is my Pinapple Chunk test subject

From what I read at the Boveda website, they want you to dry them a little more than you normally would before sealing the jar for curing so I think you will probably be okay.

From what I read at the Boveda website, they want you to dry them a little more than you normally would before sealing the jar for curing so I think you will probably be okay.
I like your news!

I dry my flowers for a week then I put them in 1 quart mason jars with a medium size boveda pack. I seal the lids on really tight and keep the jars in a desk drawer out of the light. I don't even open the jars any more at that point and just let the boveda pack cure the jar slowly over time. My 1 year old cured cannabis is some smooth, tasty stuff. I could never buy someone elses weed after this.

I dry my flowers for a week then I put them in 1 quart mason jars with a medium size boveda pack. I seal the lids on really tight and keep the jars in a desk drawer out of the light. I don't even open the jars any more at that point and just let the boveda pack cure the jar slowly over time. My 1 year old cured cannabis is some smooth, tasty stuff. I could never buy someone elses weed after this.
Funny. I do the exact same thing lol

Pinapple Chunk trim and some non dense buds.
Ice water bubble bags. Used a piaint mixer with drill. I will now be buying a new 220 bag. Oops lol
Not a terrible outcome. Pics are from basement with flash so not the best.
And my fingers are sticky.
Here it is drying. I’ll take more better pics when it dries.
This is the 73micron 1st run

Here is the 120 and 73 second run

Funny. I do the exact same thing lol

I found that Boveda packs take all of the guess work out of curing. They recommend drying a little past where you normally would and then sealing the jar forever. I have done this on all of my grows and the cannabis is so smooth and seems to get better and better the longer you leave it in the jar.

Pinapple Chunk trim and some non dense buds.
Ice water bubble bags. Used a piaint mixer with drill. I will now be buying a new 220 bag. Oops lol
Not a terrible outcome. Pics are from basement with flash so not the best.
And my fingers are sticky.
Here it is drying. I’ll take more better pics when it dries.
This is the 73micron 1st run

Here is the 120 and 73 second run

Wow that is a lot of hash! I wish I knew how to do that. I tend to just throw all of my trim away because I usually end up with way too much product just from growing it. lol

Wow that is a lot of hash! I wish I knew how to do that. I tend to just throw all of my trim away because I usually end up with way too much product just from growing it. lol
It’s not a ton but it’s better than trash! I hate using bud to do it but sure love a use from the trim. It’s so easy your missing out.

Looking good. :thumb: I never mix within the bag anymore. Just clamp the mixer to a board above the bucket and tape the throttle on half. Then run everything through the bags after. Just did a run last night.

Looking good. :thumb: I never mix within the bag anymore. Just clamp the mixer to a board above the bucket and tape the throttle on half. Then run everything through the bags after. Just did a run last night.
In hind sight lol

Back
Top Bottom