Aero - Led - Mist - Co2 - Critcal Kush & Holy Grail Kush++

zuttla

:welcome:Hello everyone!

Been watching journals for some years now, and thought i share my project.
Prior to this i've only grown with soil and hps indoor, and soil outdoor.

Setup
Secret Jardin, Dark Room 120 II
Advanced led lights Diamond Series 300w
Ghe DPS-Aero 1 m2
Mistmaker
Co2 bucket
Gold label nutes/GHE Flora nutes

Overview
100_05563.JPG

I ordered the seeds through one of the sponsors.

Seeds
DNA Genetics - Holy Grail Kush x 6
Barney's - Critical Kush x 5
Noname - White widow x chronic x 1
Noname - White widow or sweet tooth x 1

Im germinating 13 seeds but will be using 12, just in case some 1 doesnt pop,
if more then 1 dont pop ill use backup seeds. Got these to choose from.

Dutch Passion - The Ultimate x 6
Greenhouse Seeds - Supersilve haze x 3
Barney's - Tangerine Dream x 5

The system is usable for 12-24 plants, i will be using 12, so each bucket has 5 holes, ill use the center hole, and plug the rest.

100_05555.JPG

Started germinating April 5th using jiffys

I'll move them to rockwool cubes when all have popped.

I've tested the system for some days now without any plants,
and here are the temps and humidity.

18.6C 80% H lamp off mist on - night
23.8C 35% H lamp on mist off - day

Mistmaker - OFF & ON
100_05575.JPG

100_05585.JPG

It's a first time for me using hydro/aero, LED and mistmaker.

So my questions are, should i be running the hydro all the time until
roots hit the bottom of the box to make use of the ebb and flood and after that set timer for the aero like 5 mins ON 20 mins OFF?.

I tested the mistmaker ON 15mins OFF 30mins (repeated for a day) and
get Humidity around 50-60% but the temperature around 21-23C, will this work out allright?

:peacetwo:

Re: Aero/Led/Mist/Co2 - Critcal Kush & Holy Grail Kush++

Update April 9th

Noticed that i wrote 300w on the led in the post above, it should be 400w,
cant edit it tho, maybe its timefixed.

Now to the goodies
10 out of 13 seeds are fully up,
2 are almost there, and 1 havnt popped out of the jiffys yet

100_05621.JPG

a pic of my carbon Phresh filter

100_05633.JPG

and the Co2 bucket,
100_05673.JPG

Co2 tube "drops" co2 on the fan which spreads it out.
100_05685.JPG

Odor control
100_05702.JPG

Nutes
100_05715.JPG

Will be moving the plants to rockwool tomorrow,

100_05694.JPG

Update 12th April

10th April
All 13 seeds popped and looked good, i moved them from the jiffys to
the rockwool cubes, When moving the babys i quickly realized i should've
germinated with wet paper towels then straight into rockwool,
Removing the soil from the roots and trying to fit them in the rockwools
was a hard process. Anyhow the jiffys did their job quite well seeing that
all 13 seeds came out.

11th April
Checked the tent and noticed one Critical Kush baby got too much root damage
and died on me :( but fear not i only needed 12 out of the 13 seeds anyway.

12th April
Starting to show roots sticking out of the rockwool cubes.

Now some pics.
100_05742.JPG

100_05751.JPG

100_05804.JPG

100_05842.JPG

100_05854.JPG

100_05874.JPG

100_05932.JPG

100_05942.JPG

100_05953.JPG

Update 16th Aprl

Hi!

Visited today and noticed 2 have crawled up, 1 has a tip burn or something i dont know of, my temps are 24,9 Celsius and 43 % RH, and one has long roots but no structure and is quite small/short, the remaining 8 look good.

Any feedback, suggestion, help and ideas are much appreciated!

100_05984.JPG

100_05991.JPG

100_06021.JPG

100_06003.JPG

100_06042.JPG

100_06123.JPG

100_06132.JPG

100_06155.JPG

100_06163.JPG

Update 24th April

My PH Pen was not calibrated so it showed the wrong values.
After some tender care, theyre all looking good, tho 1 is a bit after the others in terms of height,
All of them got full big healthy roots now

About the leafs bending/crawling up, i think its just a defensive mechanism against the mist/water, i forgot to fill up the mistmakers tank one day and noticed that all leafs were spread out and looking fine.

100_06284.JPG

100_06313.JPG

100_06323.JPG

100_06336.JPG

100_06344.JPG

100_06373.JPG

100_06382.JPG

The mistmakers tank is 30L and goes empty in 2 days, so i bought this little thing that makes it easier to fill the mist tank up and suck the main res/tank (90L) dry (for when u need to clean/change water), instead of moving those buckets back and forth, spilling water and just making life hard, i bought this little thing for 10£ that uses water that goes through the unit and causes suction and then sucks up the water or if u adjust the lever it works as a garden hoze.
100_06421.JPG

Cool set up mate, not exactly doin this turn on the cheap are ya. I am definatly subbed.

Thanks mate, been saving a while to make this happen.
Here is a list of all my shizzle in the room, everything is in use except the blue veg lights, i will be using it in a near future to bring up the rest of my seeds and place them in the tent once the current ones finish flowering, thats the plan anyway :;):

$326 - Secret Jardin Dark Room 120 II
$126 - Gold Label Nutes (Hydro A,B, PK, MG, Roots)
$222 - Ventilation kit, fan, carbonfilter, tubing
$52 - Water hose 10m + adapter for Suck/fill
$25 - Ph Down
$59 - Adwa PH meter
$59 - Adwa EC meter
$44 - Ghe Nutes Flora/Bloom/Micro 1L
$28 - Airpump 3.5L/min 4W
$872 - Ghe DPS-Aero 1 m2
$275 - Seeds
$252 - Mistmaker & floatring
$135 - Co2 Booster (bucket & pump)
$995 - Adv.Led.Lights Diamond Series 400W LED
$379 - Adv.Led.Lights Blue Extreme Veg 180W LED
$450 - Total Shipping costs
$150 - random stuff, us to eu poweradapter, rockwool, extension cord multi socket, timers, vaportec odor control, ph calibration solution, 2 fans, RH & TEMP Monitor etc...

Total $4449

Some more photos.

100_06462.JPG

100_0655.JPG

100_06481.JPG

blue veg led still in box
100_06502.JPG

Update April 30th

Hi !
The girls are growing strong. i reckon its time to start LST, just need to get my hands on something to tie 'em down with.

Had some orange/brown dots on some of the first set leafs on 3 girls i suspected nute burn, so i did a flush,

100_06891.JPG

also the rockwools in the empty pots started to go black/green/blue = mold ?, so i removed them and replaced them with reflective plastic tape.

100_06902.JPG

Roots are so damn long.
100_06923.JPG

100_06942.JPG

100_06982.JPG

Mistmaker in action
100_06993.JPG

100_07003.JPG

100_07023.JPG

Thanks for posting the shopping cart. Always curious how much it takes to get going with a new system. Is the mistmaker just to increase the RH of the tent? If it is not too much trouble could post a few in-depth pics and explanations of your system, specifically how the insides of your buckets are laid out. Are those black feeder lines spray lines? I am somewhat familiar with re-circulation, but I can not quite tell how you have everything plumbed.

In answer to your question the green stuff is most algae. I used to get it on the rock wool cubes when I grew with soil. I would clone in rock wool and then transplant to soil and if the wool was exposed to light there would be a light green stuff that would grow on the surface. Not sure if you should be concerned, I never was but I grew in dirt. I have seen other members use a piece of panda film to cover the area around the stem and block the light and reduce the algae.

Love the system, beautiful and well deserved Reps.

Thanks for posting the shopping cart. Always curious how much it takes to get going with a new system. Is the mistmaker just to increase the RH of the tent? If it is not too much trouble could post a few in-depth pics and explanations of your system, specifically how the insides of your buckets are laid out. Are those black feeder lines spray lines? I am somewhat familiar with re-circulation, but I can not quite tell how you have everything plumbed.

In answer to your question the green stuff is most algae. I used to get it on the rock wool cubes when I grew with soil. I would clone in rock wool and then transplant to soil and if the wool was exposed to light there would be a light green stuff that would grow on the surface. Not sure if you should be concerned, I never was but I grew in dirt. I have seen other members use a piece of panda film to cover the area around the stem and block the light and reduce the algae.

Love the system, beautiful and well deserved Reps.

Yep the mistmaker is to increase RH.

1a18.jpg

Lets say the green is the intake and the red the exhaust, the blue is the pump that pumps up the water from the tank/res to the the dark gray tube (green circle on pic) which is connected to the spreaders (sprayers) the box has an edge that keeps water at level, excessive water (water that goes above the level) runs down the light gray tube (red circle on pic) down to the res/tank again, i have 2 airstones pumping fresh oxygen into the reservoir.

1b13.jpg

1c3.JPG

1d3.JPG

Btw whats this skinlike thingy on the stem?

2a14.JPG

And is there an issue when the leafs are edgy and pointing up like on the pics below?

2b9.JPG

2c4.JPG

Thank you,
I know it takes time to make posts like that I really appreciate it. I should have looked harder at your shopping cart as I did not realize that your system was commercially built. It looks like a really nice system.

The sheath stuff on the stem; I do not know the correct term but it is normal when grown from seed, should go up to the 2 round leaves, again can't remember the term for them. It will eventually split like it appears to be doing in your pics and the round leaves will die.

I am not sure about the leaf edges curling. Have to leave that question to one of the smarter members. I can tell you that there will be slight variation in phenotypes between the differnt seeds in the same strain even if they are breeding true and stabilized like they should be. Is the curl appearing all on one strain or in one area or is it dispersed thought the garden and throughout the different strains? They are very healthy looking regardless and If it were my garden I would not be concerned about a few leafs curling like that. I am sure someone with a bigger brain can correct me on the unknown terms.
Reps buddy.

Update 11th April

Been Vegging for 4 weeks now, because I wanted to try some LST & FIM
switched to 12/12 today, they are bushy as hell, i think i will have to bind them down during flower phase and get something to stabilize them with, because I think they will grow very tall.

Now some pics.
100_07783.JPG

100_07843.JPG

100_07865.JPG

100_07877.JPG

100_07905.JPG

Update 15th May

Noticed i wrote 11th of april on the other post it should be May. sorry

Its been 4 days in flower now and theyre growin alot in height, and its a

problem for the lower plants which I LST'd, as the bigger ones "steal"

all the light.

inf.png

this is how they are placed.
Do you have any ideas for this issue, should i bind the big ones and how

in that case? cant really bind them down to the box due to lack of space.

some pics.

100_07934.JPG

100_07973.JPG

100_07983.JPG

Update 23rd May

Day 12 Flowering/Bloom

System was clogged up, due to roots blocking the tubes so some containers

got flooded, Removed all pots while trying to minimize root damage,

cleaned the pots and flushed the whole system, The roots of these girls

are the size of a football (soccer). This was a week ago, and some lost a

little bit of roots but they are all looking good now.

Also had problems with the smaller(shorter) LST'd plants not getting much

light, so i switched the spots for them, so they are now placed directly

under the lamp in the middle row.

Due to height problems i had to raise the LED up to the roof so the light

spreads evenly throughout the tent.

Some pics
100_08007.JPG

100_08035.JPG

100_08047.JPG

100_08063.JPG

100_08076.JPG

looking great do u still have leafs crawling up it could mean that its to hot in there but 24c is 75.2 f so i dont think its that it could be the nutes how clean it the bottom of the floor have u notice and bugs are u good and from the pics i looks like u might be lacking n and p so maybe a check on that would help me figure out ur promblems other than that looks great keep up the great work! im subb

looking great do u still have leafs crawling up it could mean that its to hot in there but 24c is 75.2 f so i dont think its that it could be the nutes how clean it the bottom of the floor have u notice and bugs are u good and from the pics i looks like u might be lacking n and p so maybe a check on that would help me figure out ur promblems other than that looks great keep up the great work! im subb

Yo, no leaf crawling anymore, only had that in the first weeks of vegetative state and only on a few plants, im running leds so its quite cool in the tent, degrees vary from 23,6-26,4C depending on night/day and RH 60/30%,
the floor is clean, no bugs so far, i fed them with plenty of nutes before pics were snapped so ill let them suck up abit and snap some pics n upload, thanks for ur feedback.

Back
Top Bottom