Grow Time - Big Chris - Let's Do This!

Big Chris

Welcome all! I've been lurking here for a while now, and with the completion of our grow room I figured it is time to get a journal started. I'm new to growing, so bear with me while I try not to screw anything up :)

I'll be growing for a few reasons. One, cannabis is awesome. Two, my wife is awesome. However, she suffers from insomnia and bone-on-bone arthritis (very painful) from her time in the army. Since she's way too young for getting parts replaced and everyone enjoys sleep, we're going to see what we can do for her with a little garden. Since I also enjoy partaking in the healing experience, we're going to split the grow between a higher CBD strain and some good ol' high test :)

The seeds are soaking as we speak, ready for rapid rooters later today! They are courtesy of Oregon Green Seeds here in the US. These are not feminized, so we'll be playing the sex game here as well.

"CBD OG" (soaking 5 seeds):

Tora Bora (Bubba Kush x Fire OG/Aliendog F2) x Chem 4/Tres Dawg
x
Polar Bear OG (OG #17 x Hell's Angel OG/Biker Kush x The White/Triple Kush)

"Pura Vida" (soaking 5 seeds):

Hollywood Pure Kush/Appalachia
x
Polar Bear OG (OG #17 x Hell's Angel OG/Biker Kush x The White/Triple Kush)

AND we have 1 random bag seed soaking, from a delightful smoke - hoping she pops and we can make some guesses as to the strain.

The setup:

We dedicated a 12'x13' room in the basement for this project. A partial wall in the center breaks the grow area into approx 12'x7' with my 4'x6' table in the center. We're running a 4', 8 bulb T5 setup for veg, and an adjustable (600-1150w) HPS light for flower. Have a 6" inline exhaust fan and 4" intake, reflective sheeting on all walls (and table), and whipped up a removable SCROG from 1" conduit and paracord that I will play around with come flower time. The table is on a 1.25" incline over 6' designed to collect run-off for testing. So far the T5s are bringing the room to right around 75 degrees and 50% RH.

Soil will be Fox Farm Ocean Forest w/perlite, and Light Warrior mixed in for the early portion of the program. I'll be using the Fox Farm trio for nutrients.

Room220.jpg

Here we go. Constructive criticism is more than welcome along the way! I'm off to plant some seeds :)

:welcome: :yummy:

Seeds looked great yesterday before planting them in the rooters - all sunk and started to pop in their bath (except for the bag seed..). Got everything settled and inside the dome we're at 84 degrees and 55% RH. Did not end up using the heat mat, had to actually back the T5's up a bit to keep temps in the low 80's inside there. Could cool it down a few degrees but thinking 84 ought to be ok for rooting the little ladies eh?

Will try again to get pics up later, getting an error from the gallery now -_-

Interesting as I'm able to upload photos just fine. Please give us more specific information that might help us to resolve this issue.

Are you using a proxy service? If so, that is most likely your problem.

Clear your cache, cookies & temp files, then reboot your computer, modem & router and try again.

It could be your Internet Service Provider (ISP) network having difficulties.

You can open a DOS window and run these two commands to see if you are losing connection.

(tracert 420magazine.com) and (ping 420magazine.com)

If neither of these seem to be the issue, then please provide us with the following data.

Are you using a Mac or PC? Desktop/laptop, phone or tablet and what kind?

Have you changed anything in your upload procedure?

What browser are you using? We recommend Google Chrome for full website functionality.

What operating system are you using?

What virus protection are you using and is it up to date?

Do you have Javascript installed and if so, is it the latest version?

Can you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing when you cannot upload?

The more information we have, the better we can help you.

Day 6, growing almost an inch per day. Will have to raise the dome later on, 2 are just about touching. Thinking about shutting off 1 bank (4 of 8) on the T5's to see if I can get the lights closer without raising temps, probably will make some sort of lift for the dome at the same time.

All got a little Superthrive in their watering this morning, rate of 2 drops per 8 oz. Used just under 3 oz of the mix.

Day615.jpg

:dreamy:

Back
Top Bottom