2 x 600 Watt Tent Set Up - 12 x Cali Connection Plants/Strains - 1st Indoor Grow

PlanetaryHerb

Hi!

I'm new here, but have recently been looking at many of the grows posted on here and was very impressed with all the help from experienced growers that were given to a beginner. I'm not entirely new to the growing scene. I've done a couple of small crappy stealth grows that never amounted to much, but that's because I never had the means and space to do a legit grow until now. I've spent countless hours doing research on the web and reading grow books and I feel like a have a pretty good basis of knowledge on how to do this right. (At least lets hope so). Anyway, as confident as a feel right now. I know I'm gonna run into those "unexplainable" problems any newbie would and I would very much appreciate the help, opinions, and tips from anybody out there thats willing to help and give their 2 cents to make this crop as good as it can be. My setup is as follows:

- 76x76x76 Mylar Tent
- 2 x 600w MH/HPS for Veg/Flower
- 2 x Cool Reflector Hoods
- 6 in. Inline Duct Fan w/Speed Control
- 6 in. Carbon Filter
- 5 Gallon Pots from Start to Finish
- Earth Juice Grow/Bloom Nutrients
- Fertilizer-free Potting Soil

Strains:(All Fem. Cali Connection Seeds)

- 1 x Chem Valley Kush
- 1 x 818 Headband aka Sour OG
- 1 x Corleone Kush
- 1 x Deadhead OG
- 1 x Julius Caesar
- 1 x Chem4 OG
- 1 x Tahoe OG Kush
- 1 x Pre-98 Bubba BX2
- 1 x Larry OG
- 1 x Buddha Tahoe OG

Freebies from Delicious Seeds:

- 1 x Black Russian
- 1 x Critical Jack Herer

Started Germinating Seeds: 11/08/2012
Seeds Planted: 11/09/2012

So yeah, that's about it for now. I'm going to try to post an updated pick of the room each week. I'm sure there are going to be some exceptions to that, but for the most part I am going to try to update as much as possible from start until the buds have been cured and tested. Thanks for taking the time to read and check out my grow. I hope you will follow along and enjoy this as much as I do. And I encourage any and all posts!!

Thanks

Day 1 - Just planted the germinated seeds today

IMG_088910.JPG
IMG_08888.JPG
IMG_08877.JPG
IMG_08869.JPG

Sorry about the poor quality pics. I used my phone this time. Future pics will be taken with a camera and should be more clear. That's it for now. Next pics will be posted once seeds have sprouted.

QUICK UPDATE: These pics are from Saturday. After starting things up I realized the temperature was getting way to high in the tent. 95 at the highest! Yikes! So I immediately ran out the following day and bought additional ducting to help cool the lights, and since then things have been much better. The temperature has been staying in the mid to upper 70s during the day and low 70s to upper 60s at night with help from the speed controller I have for the blower. Since Saturday, so far 9 plants have sprouted and I'm hoping the remaining 3 will break through the soil in the next couple of days. I'll will post pics of the new seedlings on Friday with more updates. Sorry to keep you waiting. :) That's all for now

IMG_089213.JPG
IMG_08919.JPG
IMG_08909.JPG

Also, I wanted to share with you what I guess you could call a "stats" list I'll be working on throughout the grow for each plant.
Here it is:

PlanetaryHerb's Indoor Grow

818 Headband aka Sour OG - Original Sour Diesel x SFV OG Kush IBL

- Harvest 8-9 weeks
- Germinated: 11/08/2012
- Planted: 11/09/2012
- Sprouted: 11/13/2012

Black Russian

- 80% Indica 20% Sativa
- Harvest 8-9 weeks
- Sprouted: 11/14/2012

Buddha Tahoe OG - Pure Tahoe OG

- Harvest 9 weeks

Chem Valley Kush - Chemdawg x SFV OG Kush F5

- 40% Indica 60% Sativa
- Harvest 8 weeks
- Sprouted: 11/14/2012

Chem4 OG - Chem #4 x SFV OG Kush F4

- Harvest 8 weeks

Corleone Kush - Pre 98 Bubba x SFV OG Kush F4

- Harvest 8-10 weeks

Critical Jack Herrer

- 20% Indica 80% Sativa
- Harvest 10-11 weeks

Deadhead OG - '91 Chemdawg (Skunk VA) x SFV OG Kush F5

- 40% Indica 60% Sativa
- Harvest 8 weeks

Julius Caesar - Social Master Kush x SFV OG Kush F3

- Harvest 8-10 weeks
- Sprouted: 11/11/2012

Larry OG

- Harvest 8 weeks
- Spouted: 11/13/2012

Pre-98 Bubba BX2

- Harvest 8 weeks

Tahoe OG Kush - Tahoe OG x SFV OG Kush F5

- 40% Indica 60% Sativa
- Harvest 10 weeks

End of WEEK 1

Here are the pics of the seedlings. Unfortunately the last 3 never sprouted so I removed them from the room. I might try to germinate some bag seeds I was given to from a friend in Boulder. I was told they were from really good flowers, but unfortunately the strains are unknown. However, I would like to make up for the lost crop so I will decide in the next day or so. I used my camera this time, but it is very bright in the grow room and it has trouble adjusting to this. So hopefully they're a little better, if not I'll keep trying. They're not much to look at yet, but that little bit of green is a lot better than staring at the top of dirt. The three strains that didn't make it were Deadhead OG, Corleone Kush, and Pre-98 Bubba which is a shame because I was really looking forward to growing them. I guess they'll just have to wait until next time :).

IMG_060514.JPG
IMG_060414.JPG
IMG_060310.JPG
IMG_060215.JPG
IMG_060114.JPG
IMG_060016.JPG
IMG_059917.JPG
IMG_059811.JPG
IMG_059713.JPG

You have a very very nice and clean setup going, and by the looks of your journal you have done your research as well!!! I've grown some Cali Connection genetics before, from clones, not from seed, but they definitely have some "elite" qualities to them over many other strains I've tried :)

I'm definitely in for this grow!!
btw...Congrats on CO's legalization!!

Was just taking a second glance at your photo's and might suggest this..(if its possible)

I see you have your carbon scrubber and fan in your growing tent floor. You should try mounting the scrubber on the roof of the tent, and if the tent can take the weight, also mount the fan up top...
by mounting the scrubber up top, it will help extract the hot air (since it rises) much more than having it on the lower floor of the tent.
Also this will give you more room for growing some large monsters :)

Just a suggestion, but either way, really clean grow!!!

Thanks for the kind words fellas! It's good to finally hear from some others. I decided against planting the extra bag seeds and just continue out the grow with the 9 plants. I just think 9 is enough for this first time around and I just don't want to risk any accidental pollination of any of the females I paid good money for. That's really about it for now. Unless there's any problems that I need help with I plan on posting updated pics of the plants every Friday. And yes, congratulations to CO for being one of the first to legalize! Very exciting!

Was just taking a second glance at your photo's and might suggest this..(if its possible)

I see you have your carbon scrubber and fan in your growing tent floor. You should try mounting the scrubber on the roof of the tent, and if the tent can take the weight, also mount the fan up top...
by mounting the scrubber up top, it will help extract the hot air (since it rises) much more than having it on the lower floor of the tent.
Also this will give you more room for growing some large monsters :)

Just a suggestion, but either way, really clean grow!!!

Unfortunately the tent isn't sturdy enough to support the blower and scrubber along with both the lights, otherwise that's exactly were they would be. Actually, both the lights alone were almost pushing the weight limits of it so I duct taped some of the joints just to make sure there wouldn't be any problems. Tents this size should really come with a pole that goes down in the middle to support it better. I did used what I had laying around to get them as much off the ground as I could. Hopefully in the future as I continue to tweak and work on my setup I will find a way to get them up on the ceiling because like you said it will help get rid of that rising hot air more efficiently. Thanks!

Yes yes. Way over kill on pot size and power usage. It will take a fort night b4 them pots dry out of enough to water again. 18/6 under cfl or t5 without a huge can fan combo going will save time on bulbs and wear on equipment and power!

I just realized . . . . Why didn't you start your seeds off in little Dixie cups or smaller size containers? Also I would have vegged them under a t5 lighting to save on electricity and heat. Your seedlings don't need that much lighting. So that I understand you are running 1200 watts of lights for your seedlings? Are they on 18/6 or 24?

Mostly from what I read, it was my understanding that you should start plants out in their final resting place if at all possible as to remove any added stress to the plant from transplants. There's a couple reasons why I have them under the lighting that much lighting - First is, this is the only grow I will be able to complete at this location before my lease is up and I have to relocate so I decided against spending the extra cash on the equipment needed to set up a seedling/clone area in my 36x20 tent I have right now. Second, I also read that even though seedlings don't need this much light they can still be grown under HIDs. And the final most important reason is the entire roof of the house I'm currently renting is covered in solar panels and I only have to pay for any sort of utilities if they reach above $300 a month, which has not happened once since living here. And I currently have them under 18/6. Please let me know if anything I've mentioned about the pots or lights is incorrect as most of my growing knowledge has come from reading on the internet. Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Yes yes. Way over kill on pot size and power usage. It will take a fort night b4 them pots dry out of enough to water again. 18/6 under cfl or t5 without a huge can fan combo going will save time on bulbs and wear on equipment and power!

Hi! Please see my reply to sky rocket. Also, you said it will take forever for the pots to dry out enough to be watered again. Is there any disadvantage to the pots taking a long time between each watering? Also, I wasn't really thinking about how this could wear out my more expensive equipment faster by using it the entire length of the grow, so I'm glad you brought up that point for future grows. Thanks for your help.

Only if you have a strict feeding schedule. If u can't water twice a week at least your pots are oversized IMO. You are right about transplant stress tho. I have it down to a t so stress is minimal. And vitamin b helps. I can see you have a reason for doing what u do so I'll sit down and shut up...

Only if you have a strict feeding schedule. If u can't water twice a week at least your pots are oversized IMO. You are right about transplant stress tho. I have it down to a t so stress is minimal. And vitamin b helps. I can see you have a reason for doing what u do so I'll sit down and shut up...

Hi, I hope I'm not coming off as rude in any of my reply's. I consider myself very much a newbie when it comes to growing, and as far as I'm concerned anyone replying to this thread is more knowledgeable than I am on the subject. Like I said my growing experience is very limited and mostly comes from reading. I am open to and appreciate all constructive criticism. Even though this grow is for the most part planned out and being limited in what I can add do to space/budget constraints, I will still take any advice and tips into consideration to incorporate them into future grows. I hope to one day have my growing styling down to a T too, but for now I'm still in the early stages of learning haha. I don't have them on any feeding schedule yet, but I do plan on adding a mild dose of grow nutes in 1 week. Thanks for your help and please continue to point out anything else you see that can be improved upon :).

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom