2 x 600 Watt Tent Set Up - 12 x Cali Connection Plants/Strains - 1st Indoor Grow

If gnats are your problem bro, order some Yucca extract and put 1/4c in with ur watering, no more gnats. It's a good wetting agent too so you'll have to water even less. I use it faithfully and forgot a couple times in my tea, and all of a sudden I had gnats, used it next feeding and no more gnats :D

If gnats are your problem bro, order some Yucca extract and put 1/4c in with ur watering, no more gnats. It's a good wetting agent too so you'll have to water even less. I use it faithfully and forgot a couple times in my tea, and all of a sudden I had gnats, used it next feeding and no more gnats :D

Thanks for the info! I'm going to look into that right now. Also thanks for the PM, I really appreciated it. I tried to PM you back, but apparently I don't have enough posts yet to do that. Any ways it really helped. +reps :)

WEEK 9 - Day 63 from Seed

Hello everyone! :) Today I applied the organic Insecticidal Soap that I bought and upon first application you could tell it was knocking those little f*@kers out! :) So hopefully it will do the trick or at least keep the flies under control. I'm glad I was able to address the overwatering problem as soon as I did because while the one plant, 818 Headband, was showing the most significant signs of it you could tell a couple of others were about to. So they are doing a little better now. I'm hoping by the next photo update there will be significant signs of improvement. Unfortunately the plants were watered not to long before it was brought to my attention that this was indeed the problem. In my defense though the soil was bone dry as far as my fingers would go down into the soil before I watered, but like everyone has already mentioned in obviously takes a long time to dry out deep in those five gallon pots. I tied down all the tops again today and I will be flipping the lights to 12/12 in just 3 weeks from now. :) That's it for now.

Peace:peace:

Before LST

IMG_093614.JPG
IMG_09309.JPG
IMG_092016.JPG
IMG_092113.JPG
IMG_092214.JPG
IMG_092311.JPG
IMG_092410.JPG
IMG_092510.JPG
IMG_092613.JPG
IMG_09279.JPG

IMG_092917.JPG
IMG_092817.JPG

After LST

IMG_093113.JPG
IMG_09327.JPG
IMG_09339.JPG
IMG_093414.JPG
IMG_093512.JPG

Looks like they're coming around for you very well :D Bro I was just checking in on my CVK man...the only way I can describe how it smells is Delicious!!!!You're going to be so happy :thumb:

Thanks man! :) I can hardly wait to switch the lights to 12/12 and begin to watch the magic happen :popcorn:

They should come around pretty quick, looks like most of them are doing good anyway.

Thanks northener, I think so too! :) I hope things are coming along nicely for you in your grow since things took an unfavorable turn. I've been keeping my eye on your journal anxiously awaiting those updated pics.

As far as watering goes, I find it easier to lift each pot to feel the weight. It needs to be very light before you water or feed the next time. The more you do this, the better you will be able to judge when it's time to water.
The bugs are fungus gnats as you thought. You should be on the right track to getting rid of them, and another tip I can give it to add about an inch of sand to the top of your soil. That will help suffocate them and discourage their return.
Good luck!

Yo how's are your girls doing?

Not too bad. I know it's been a while since I last updated, just been really busy since classes started back up after the holidaze:ganjamon:, and was also having a lot of internet issues that have just recently been taken care of. Other that I've been dealing with some nutrient issues which I hope will be solved in the next week or so. I found a small hydroponics store that opened in town and they have everything! When I walked in the other day I felt like a kid in a candy store! It is a really nice place, and I can tell you will that will definitely not be my last visit. I also added sand to the top of the soil like NEPharmer suggested and that, along with the insecticide seemed to have taken care of the gnats for the most part. Today was also the first day of the 12/12 cycle! They received HPS light all day yesterday and had 12 hours of complete darkness last night. I will try to get pictures up within the next few days. That's about all I have for now.

Hey there. Some how I've let the garden go to shit despite my best efforts. As you can see from the pics I'm having all sorts of nutrient problems. I've never used more than the recommended dosages with all the nutes I'm using. I checked the pH and it was slightly above average. It's pretty discouraging and makes me want to just start over, but this is my first grow and I know I shouldn't expect anywhere close to perfect results my first time around. But I'm going to just continue to let them go and try to fix them if I can. If anything I'm learning massive amounts about what to do and what not to do this time around and I know I'll get it eventually. If anyone has any tips and suggestions on what I should or shouldn't be do to fix anything you see please post. If I was somehow able to bring these guys back it would feel great.

IMG_100412.JPG
IMG_100315.JPG
IMG_100215.JPG
IMG_100116.JPG
IMG_09999.JPG
IMG_09988.JPG
IMG_099711.JPG
IMG_099611.JPG
IMG_09958.JPG
IMG_098113.JPG
IMG_098315.JPG
IMG_098419.JPG
IMG_09949.JPG
IMG_099312.JPG
IMG_098514.JPG

Hey buddy, Sry about the plants. I know your frustration though, every plant I do in soil ends up like that. I believe its from nutes building up in the soil but I've sworn off soil/ soilless mix for just that reason. Try flushing each pot with 3x the amount of water as soil, that should bring you down to a base level. Then alternate between nutes and plain water when watering your plants, allowing plenty of drain off with the water. Your plants won't recover but they won't die so u can get some decent bud off um if you don't scrap the whole shebang.

It would be my opinion that your problem is your soil, you have straight potting soil in there correct? No perlite or vermiculite in there to keep the soil airy or even hydrotron, but straight top soil is going to make for a really rough grow. Is your soil really hard when it dries up??

It would be my opinion that your problem is your soil, you have straight potting soil in there correct? No perlite or vermiculite in there to keep the soil airy or even hydrotron, but straight top soil is going to make for a really rough grow. Is your soil really hard when it dries up??

The "soil" I used was a premixed organic compost that came ready to plant in I can't really remember the name of it, eco... something or another, or exactly all of the ingredients. However, it does get much harder than a soil with perlite. At the time the only place I could go to for soil only had miracle grow soil with perlite and no other options so I went with the organic compost. Now that I've found the hydro store I mentioned in an early post, I have access to soils such as happy frog which I will be using in my next grow.

So with some of the advice given from northener, thank you, plus reps!, I've gotten my plants to come back to life a little bit. I stopped all use of nutrients, flushed the plants, and balanced the pH and this is what they're looking like now. I did end up losing one of the runts, so now I'm down to 8 plants. Oh well, at least there is a definite improvement from last time :). That's all.

IMG_105314.JPG
IMG_10328.JPG
IMG_10338.JPG
IMG_103411.JPG
IMG_103514.JPG
IMG_10369.JPG
IMG_10379.JPG
IMG_104012.JPG
IMG_103911.JPG
IMG_103815.JPG
IMG_104112.JPG