2 x 600 Watt Tent Set Up - 12 x Cali Connection Plants/Strains - 1st Indoor Grow

I just ordered a pack of Fem tahoe og. Waiting to see if you will be one of the lucky ones to have a successful grow due to the fact that CC beans have issues with hermies.

Haha, let's hope! I haven't really heard anything myself about issues with cali connection, but we'll see. Also, I'm still out of town for the holidays so I don't really have too much I can add as far as updates on how the everything is going. However, my friend who is taking care of things did send me a couple pics of the plants the other day and from what I can see everything is at least looking good. I will be returning to my grow on January 1st and then I will be able to provide a better update. Updated pics will be posted on January 4th. Thanks for checking out my grow and commenting!

Peace:peace:

For sure. Definitely interested in seeing your grow. I was able to switch the fem to regular. Just google Cali connection hermies and you'll see lots of threads. And people on his forum. But then again if you do have a good successful grow the genetics are FIRE!

I checked on google. I just typed in "cali connection seed reviews" and most of the post had great things to say. Unless I specifically typed in "cali connection hermies", just as I could with any seed company, did I see any examples of hermies. But hell what do I know, this is my first grow and only time will tell :). If there are any problems I guess it's lesson learned not to invest in their seeds anymore.

interested in seeing how they have progressed over the three weeks you have been away.

You and me both! :)

The plants have gotten HUGE since the last time I had seen them! I can't wait to show you guys :) They're so big I might end up doing some lsting and topping along with their last defoliation tomorrow. Something will definitely have to be done about their height before the lights are flipped otherwise they're going to be shooting through the top of the tent lol!

WEEK 8 - Day 56 from Seed

@Curso - Thanks for looking! Yeah my chem valley kush plant is the tallest right now topping out at 3 feet from the top of the soil!

@Popcorn - Thanks for the reps! :)

Alright so today was a long day. The grow room is filling up and it's getting harder to work around the ladies. I spent all day today defoliating and tying down the girls to try to deal with their height by lsting. I took a break at one point so you might notice the plants on the left already turning back up toward the light in some of the pics. The tallest plant is the Chem Valley Kush witch is just about 3 feet from the top of the soil. Also, a few of them have started to show their female preflowers with Black Russian showing the most. The garden has unfortunately had some unwanted visitors move in. There are a bunch of little black, fruit-fly-looking, bugs jumping and flying around. As far is I can tell they aren't doing any harm to the plants, at least not yet. I tried to take a few pictures but they're so small it's hard to get a clear picture of one. If anybody happens to know what these are and a good method for getting rid of them please let me know. As of right now I plan on trying out a product called organicide, (I think that's the name), that I have read about on this site. Other than that let me know what you guys think of my first shot at lsting?

Family Photo
IMG_065714.JPG

Different shots of Garden
IMG_065812.JPG
IMG_065921.JPG
IMG_066015.JPG
IMG_066316.JPG
IMG_066216.JPG
IMG_066115.JPG
IMG_066516.JPG

IMG_067716.JPG

Black Russian preflowers
IMG_066416.JPG

Post defoliation/lst
IMG_066619.JPG
IMG_066717.JPG
IMG_067819.JPG
IMG_067915.JPG
IMG_068216.JPG
IMG_068016.JPG
IMG_068117.JPG

Flys/pests?
IMG_066821.JPG
IMG_066912.JPG

Wow, your plants have really taken off since last time I cruised in :) Awesome healthy looking plants my friend!! keep up the good work !

All the plants seem to be responding to the lst pretty well today. All of the tops and branches that were tied down are now facing back up toward the light :). If things continue to go well, I will probably continue to lst the plants by tying them down a little more each week up until the last week before I flip the lights to help keep the height of the larger plants under control. That's it for now.

It could be a list of things. Could be your pest problem, pH issues, nute issues, or maybe environment but less likely. Constantly check your soil run off for pH and ppm that will give you a good idea where to go.

--Edited post --

Just noticed planetary that you have that wooden crate in there, (dont know if you still do). but i would get that out of there it looks pretty old, and with the ever changing conditions in your tent i reckon it could cause some problems and also is likely to be where the Pests have come from.

Hey planetary, i think the last 2 are both right, they definitely look like they are to wet which will make the leaves cup into that sort of shape, and also you can see how the ridge lines on leaf structure itself have started to bulge, which generally implies over watering, so i would let them dry out.

Secondly, as Northener says above check your run off water, and also if you can either leave your PH tester in the actual soil itself (thats the way i do it), i will push it into the soil and let it sit for a minute then you should know your PH, looks a little high.

and also do you know what the PH is from your tap water if thats what you are using, i had this problem a cpl weeks ago, noticed slight changes then when i checked my tap water was 9.4 ph i believe.

just my 2 pence :Namaste:

:goodjob:
Indeed, a nice tidy setup.

Really good pot size advice I recon. My thoughts are you need to be maxing the root production from word GO, and I'm sorry to say, in my experience, large pots from the start won't help with that one bit. I've mostly grown soil re-potting 3 times, finished in 3gal.

Good choice going with CC tho. I soooo like the look of the Julias Ceasar. I've had a few of their strains in the past, Original sour diesel and larry kush were just awesome indoors and out. Watch the humidity in flower tho as mine were so dripping in resin after 6 weeks I almost ran into botritis probs(mould). I mean really awesome, like I was a teenager again smoking bud for the 1st time behind the bike sheds. Pheno I had took 11wks tho and that was with just 20% ambers..

Again, as Icemud pointed out, the scrubber and fan low in the tent will likely create problems later on but not only heat as hot air hold alot more moisture. The extra moisture in that warm air would scare me enough to strengthen the frame so it can support the weight, or squeeze something in there to sit them on. A friend of mine butchered a coat stand to hold his 10" v heavy rhino:icon_cool.

Good luck and godspeed.

Thanks everyone for all of your input, I really appreciate it!:) Based on most of the comments and a little research I am pretty convinced that it is most likely due to overwatering. I looked at pictures online of overwatered plants and saw some that looked just like mine. So I'm going to go ahead and let them dry out totally before watering again and see if it helps. The pH of the water is fine hovering right around 6, maybe a little higher. However, I don't want to water the plants more to check the pH of the run-off for the obvious reason of not wanting to water them more haha. Also, I guess I should be taking better picks or updating a little better, but that nasty wood crate that I had in there originally was replaced with two styrofoam coolers stack one on top of the other around week 2 or 3 I think. I also never wanted that crate in there either, but it was all I had at the time. And now the blower does sit a little higher than before. As far as the added heat and moister go I'm not too worried because the winter here is pretty dry and cold and I don't think the temp./humidity has gone above 82F/30% at any given time since I had installed the ducting. I have ordered a some, at least what it says, "organic" pesticide to help with what I think are gnats or actually just fruit-flys and that should be here any day. Unfortunately living in a small town in colorado that's not too much of a selection of places to go such as hydroponics stores to just pick up what I need. Thanks again everyone, and hopefully in within the next couple weeks everything will be back to normal :).

Back
Top Bottom