AFnOOb First Grow! Autoflower, Soil, Dwarf Low Flyer, LED

I dont think they recommend topping autos

Sent from my 5054N using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey cannoisseuras check out this thread..Auto Topping Thread
There's a lot of good info on topping autos in there. I think the newer genetics are stronger than the original autos and can take more abuse. Mine didn't appear to slow down at all after topping her. I was a little scared to try it until I found that thread that I linked for you, after reading through that though it just seemed like the right thing to do.

Here is an auto that was topped and super cropped . @ 22 days and 39 days, I sold it shortly after it started to flower.

Afnoob should be fine :thumb: reps

topped-suppercropped.jpg
IMG_164028.jpg

Great pics habitual! What is your supercropping technique if you don't mind me asking? Did you just do the top two branches to let the others catch up? Or all of them? Also when specifically do you supercrop? And do you notice higher yields when you do it? Thanks!

Great pics habitual! What is your supercropping technique if you don't mind me asking? Did you just do the top two branches to let the others catch up? Or all of them? Also when specifically do you supercrop? And do you notice higher yields when you do it? Thanks!

Thanks

I topped on day 12, then I let it grow. On day 22 I super cropped the main 6 tops to a pinwheel, I was too lazy for lst. A few in the middle caught up. Not all autos can handle this but DP are vigorous.

Thanks

I topped on day 12, then I let it grow. On day 22 I super cropped the main 6 tops to a pinwheel, I was too lazy for lst. A few in the middle caught up. Not all autos can handle this but DP are vigorous.

Nice! I have 5 more of these seeds so I'm going to try different techniques on each plant to see if there's any major difference in yield. I'm only gonna grow one at a time so they all get equal light and attention. I think I'm going to FIM the next one and then prob supercrop the one after that. Should be interesting...

Id like to keep up on those results

Sent from my 5054N using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm going to do a journal for each grow so it will be documented.. and the last grow I'm not going to do any training just gonna let it grow and do its thing to see what kind of a difference in yield if any

Day 25... 2 days after LST and slight defoliating and shed didn't miss a beat. Has filled back in and looks busy again!

Right after LST and defoliating..
IMG_62968.JPG

And then 2 days later..
IMG_62985.JPG

She looks amazing! Glad to see such great success with this strain with LST and defoliating I will be sure to pick some of these up next time :)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks! I'm excited to wake up and see how much she's changed everyday lol, I'm curious to see what the final yield will be it's not supposed to be a very heavy yielder. If I get an Oz I'll be happy though:volcano-smiley::thumb:

Day 23... did a little LST and defoliating. After I LST'd I decided to snip off the 4 big fan leaves to get extra light to the budsites. She's proven to be strong since she didn't slow down after topping so I figured she could handle a little trimming to open her up a bit, we'll see how she responds in the next few days..

Hers some pics of the LSTing
IMG_62887.JPG
IMG_62898.JPG
IMG_62908.JPG
IMG_62917.JPG
IMG_629310.JPG

And after defoliating the 4 big fan leaves
IMG_62945.JPG
IMG_62956.JPG
IMG_62968.JPG
IMG_62968.JPG
Great gob .

And since she did so well after her first little defol I spread her out a little more and gave her another light trim of leaves blocking light to lower growth

IMG_63067.JPG
IMG_63078.JPG
IMG_630812.JPG

We'll see if she bushes back out after a few days. This grow has been super easy! I love the Galaxy Hydro LED light I got, it seems perfect for one plant. I've been supplementing with two small CFLs I had laying around but I think I'm just gonna take those out because they keep my tent kinda hot. With the new carbon filter and just the LED my tent stays between 74 and 76 degrees with my closet door shut which is super discrete. I haven't gotten any nutes yet because the FFOF should get me through another week or two. That being said I need to get something in the coming weeks. Anybody have any suggestions? What do y'all like to use? Loving the FFOF too it's been a breeze just having to water without nutes about every 7 days.:Namaste:

I'm thinking about using this for one or two feedings then switching to a "flowering" nute. I used this on my hot peppers and veggies this summer and have been impressed with the results. What y'all think? I'm trying to avoid buying unnecessary items..
IMG_630912.JPG
IMG_631010.JPG

Tied down the top 2 branches today because they were about 7 inches from the light and the lower branches were about 14 inches away from the light. Now the canopy is nice and level! Also moved the light down a few inches so now it's about 10-12" away from the leveled canopy.

Pics..
IMG_631111.JPG
IMG_63127.JPG

Thanks Adn! I'm super excited as well! What medium are you growing in?
It's coco perlite but I hadn't checked out ledrf's videos earlier...went over them this weekend...very informative...I'm gonna try that from tomorrow because I was getting the feeling mine were top slow...they aren't autos though.

Back
Top Bottom