AFnOOb First Grow! Autoflower, Soil, Dwarf Low Flyer, LED

AFnOOb420

View RSS Feed
AFnOOb420
First Grow! - CropKings Dwarf Low Flyer - LED Edit Blog Entry
Rate this Entry
5 Comments Go to first new comment
by AFnOOb420 , Today at 06:24 PM (64 Views)
So this is my first grow.. I've been wanting to give it a try for several years now but lacked the proper motivation. I recently relocated and have had a hard time finding my meds so i decided to grow my own. I'm excited about the thought of never running out and having to mess with sketchy dealers then transporting it back home. Seems much safer and consistent should've done this a long my time ago.

I chose CropKings because they seemed reputable and safe and chose Dwarf Low Flyer for the compact stealthy qualities, also had a quick seed to harvest time. In hindsight I wish I had gotten a higher yielding strain but think this will be a good one to learn on because it's supposed to be an easy grow. Although I smoke daily it's not in high volume so the DLF should have a more than sufficient yield to get me through to the following harvests. My goal is to get at least 1oz from each plant if I get anything more than that will be a bonus.

When I ordered my beans I chose the cheaper shipping which took 7-21 days and no tracking info. After 21 days had come and gone I hadn't received my order so needless to say I was worried. I contacted CropKings and they said they would resend it if I paid for the expedited guaranteed shipping after it arrived. I agreed and received the new order in 6 days and it had 2 extra beans in it! Any future orders I will definitely pay extra for the guaranteed shipping and recommend others to do the same because you don't want that package floating around somewhere with your name on it like me.

Alright let's get to it...
-strain is Dwarf Low Flyer from CropKings
-using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil plus 30% added perlite
-5 gallon smart pot
-1 Galaxy Hydro 300w LED light
-Apollo 2x4x5 grow tent
-small desktop fan
-leaning towards Fox Farm or Biobizz nutes when needed
-18/6 light schedule through entire grow

That's pretty much what I have going on. I wanted to start cheap and simple for my first grow then I can add things when necessary. I haven't gotten any nutes yet because my soils has enough to get me through 3-4 weeks and I want to research it a little more. Any advise or input on this subject will be greatly appreciated. I'll prob be adding a carbon filter if/when needed also.

I received my beans the day before I was going out of town for the weekend and was anxious to get started so decided to soak one for 12 hours in a cup of water that night and then put it in the dirt in the morning right before we left. I've read that FFOF can be too hot for seedlings and was a bit worried about burning her so I made a hole in the center of the pot about the size of a solo cup and filled it with 70/30 perlite/FFOF to try and lessen the nute content where the seedlings root will be. Hopefully by the time the roots reach the regular soil they'll be ready for it. Everything seems to be going well so will update if I notice any kind of nute burn. When I got home 2 days later it had just begun to break ground! So day 1 is officially Sunday 11/6/16!

Here's some pics of my baby and setup...
IMG_617410.JPG
IMG_61785.JPG
IMG_61778.JPG
IMG_61766.JPG
IMG_61758.JPG

IMG_6183.PNG

Notice the little cam setup so I can check on everything from wherever I'm at...
IMG_61825.JPG
IMG_61856.JPG
IMG_61867.JPG

And here's 1 week in...
IMG_61955.JPG
IMG_61955.JPG
IMG_61968.JPG
IMG_619810.JPG
IMG_61998.JPG
IMG_61978.JPG
IMG_62008.JPG

Great pictures! I like the webcam idea . I have the same light and I'm about 10 days in on some northern lights so I'll be following your journal with interest

Looks like she's got a little nute burn from the FFOF.. first set of leaves crinkled up a bit, second set a few tips are turned up and a slight discoloration on one tip. What y'all think? Can anyone confirm that it's nute burn? She's still growing daily so not too concerned hopefully she'll grow through it. Took a whiff of the center and was pleasantly surprised by the herby smell she's putting off!
IMG_621911.JPG
IMG_62188.JPG
IMG_621411.JPG
IMG_621311.JPG
IMG_621610.JPG
IMG_621511.JPG

Ok here's the 2 week old update.. 6 or so more weeks to go!
IMG_62297.JPG
IMG_62307.JPG
IMG_62329.JPG
IMG_62368.JPG
IMG_62349.JPG
IMG_62337.JPG
IMG_62355.JPG

This plant's a beast! Crazy how much she's grown in a week! Looks like the mild nute burn from the FFOF hasn't slowed her down at all and I haven't noticed any new signs of burning. I haven't ph'd my water at all just straight tap water that I let sit out for 2 days. I did order a little ph up/down kit just to see where it's at it should be here tomorrow so we'll see. I'll be topping her prob right at three weeks just above the 4th node maybe sooner at the rate she's growing!

I got crop king seeds as well and have very similar growth. The genetics are beast. I was advised to let the plant grow at least 18 inches to top to allow the main root to keep growing for a bigger yield. I am on day 25 and I am now training I have not topped yet. Your plants are looking swell

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks nuckscelts! I am very satisfied with my CropKings purchase! I think 18" might be to tall for my strain because it stays under 2' so will prob max out around 18". My strain is an autoflower though so maybe that's why the difference in timing. If you're growing an autoflower too then I would recommend you check out this thread Auto Topping Thread there's a lot of great info on topping autoflower in it and Beast is the authority on topping autos as far as I'm concerned. He has auto topping down to a science and is the one who advised me to top at the 4th node. Thanks for your reply!

Topped my girl yesterday... 2 1/2 weeks old, I snipped just above the 4th node. Also noticed pre flowers when I was topping! She's starting to put off a strong odor, I'm gonna have to spring for the carbon filter sooner than I thought!

IMG_62616.JPG
IMG_62628.JPG
IMG_62636.JPG

Thanks nuckscelts! I am very satisfied with my CropKings purchase! I think 18" might be to tall for my strain because it stays under 2' so will prob max out around 18". My strain is an autoflower though so maybe that's why the difference in timing. If you're growing an autoflower too then I would recommend you check out this thread Auto Topping Thread there's a lot of great info on topping autoflower in it and Beast is the authority on topping autos as far as I'm concerned. He has auto topping down to a science and is the one who advised me to top at the 4th node. Thanks for your reply!

I am a noob of all noobs so thank you for this info. Mine is an auto too, and the advice I got was most likely not for autos. I'll read that now and maybe it's topping time!!!

One question, my one plant is very bushy, I am curious if I should even both topping, here it is.

420-magazine-mobile525712048.jpg

Day 27

I am a noob of all noobs so thank you for this info. Mine is an auto too, and the advice I got was most likely not for autos. I'll read that now and maybe it's topping time!!!

One question, my one plant is very bushy, I am curious if I should even both topping, here it is.

420-magazine-mobile525712048.jpg

Day 27

No prob bud! I would hate to advise you to do the wrong thing and it turn out bad but if you ask on that thread that I linked to you earlier there's a lot of knowledgeable people who should lead you in the right direction. Beast started that thread to share with everyone his techniques for auto topping. He welcomes questions and people sharing their topping experience on that thread. I just posted my topping pics on there today! It's very lengthy but I believe he explains his technique within the first few pages. Your plants looking good! Got a little bush going there! Keep me posted on your progress I'm about a week behind you!

3 week old update... 4 days after topping...

Still growing fast and big! The topping didn't seem to slow her down a bit.

Here's some pics three weeks old
IMG_62768.JPG
IMG_62778.JPG
IMG_62789.JPG

Here's pics after I tucked some fan leaves to pull out the bud sites
IMG_62818.JPG
IMG_62829.JPG

Here's right after the topping and then 4 days after the topping
IMG_62628.JPG
IMG_628414.JPG

Day 23... did a little LST and defoliating. After I LST'd I decided to snip off the 4 big fan leaves to get extra light to the budsites. She's proven to be strong since she didn't slow down after topping so I figured she could handle a little trimming to open her up a bit, we'll see how she responds in the next few days..

Hers some pics of the LSTing
IMG_62887.JPG
IMG_62898.JPG
IMG_62908.JPG
IMG_62917.JPG
IMG_629310.JPG

And after defoliating the 4 big fan leaves
IMG_62945.JPG
IMG_62956.JPG
IMG_62968.JPG
IMG_62968.JPG

Back