Ak48 - DWC - CFL

Hell yea bro glad i can help out!! Im subbed to your journl so im wtchin to see. A difference also. You should post some pics of before and fter.. That way you can help reteach others.. Ima do the same!! Your plnts look great btw

Your plants did pretty good for being under those light bulbs,
Any more photos of the bud , was the plant able to fully mature before harvest ?
when your led panel arrives you can use the bulbs for side lighting , which will make the panel more useful. They have a relatively tight footprint. about 3 x 2 1/2 ft. per panel max (maybe less), I will be using mine in a 2x2ft sq ft area per panel

UPDATE TIME!!!!!!!!:420::cheer:

PPM: 700-800 ionic bloom
Temp: 85f
RH:43
Reservoir temp: 69-71f

Its been 2 weeks today since I switched to flowering and the hairs are coming in nicely.

5054.jpg

5050.jpg

Oh yea, MY LED CAME YESTERDAY :cheer: I like it so far, it is a good bit hotter than the cfls but nothing extreme. tent rose about 6 degrees. The fans arn't silent by any means but after a few minutes they just turn to white noise and i don't even notice them. Certainly much quieter than the exhaust fan lol

I dont have much more to include in this update other than Penelope is looking healthy and shes drinking and eating like crazy! i wish i had more exact measurements of what crazy is but i have no way of knowing how much water shes actually drinking. All i know is i put 2.5 gallons in last wednesday night and when i checked thursday afternoon she had drank about half of the water but left alot of nutrients, my ppm went from 650 to almost 900. then she went a few days at a normal .5 gallon a day rate (these numbers are just estimates) while she eats at a steady pace. Its not a defined pattern but she has her thirsty spurts and doesnt seem to eat during them, bottom line is I need to monitor it a lot closer.
And now for the Pictures!!!
5049.jpg
5048.jpg
5047.jpg
5046.jpg
5045.jpg
5044.jpg

Thanks for following guys and Happy Growing :Namaste:

How could i forget to add this????:tokin:

This is now a CFL and LED side by side if you couldn't tell from the pictures.
The LED is a VIPAR 400w model i don't know what its actual draw wattage is but i plan on getting a meter to test it.

The led takes up more of the plant than the cfls because its higher but its ok because it wouldnt have been a very good test anyway. I dont know the wattage of the LED so i cant do a equal amount of cfl watts and thats kinda the whole point... but I will be able to see if the buds develop at different rates or any other obvious physical features of the buds will give me some kind of evidence. I mainly got the LED becasue i needed more light to fully cover Penelope and the LED was cheap and something ive been interested in trying so all in all ill be pleased with whatever the outcome. :peace:

Loving the look of things in there drewdrop, going to be awesome to see what kind of differences or similarities there will be between the lights, also will be good to know the actual draw watts, I know the 300s I have are 180 actual from spec list if that helps any haha
Hope things continues to go well and can't wait to see how she goes between updates :thumb:

I use Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by grow room lighting. I originally purchased the Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by High Pressure Sodium lights I use for flowering. I have found the Active Eye Growroom Glasses will also protect your eyesight from Ultra Violet and Infra Red LED light from the LED light panels as well. The grey lens should be used with LED light panels as the blue wavelengths are the most damaging to eyesight.

https://hydrofarm.com Active Eye Growroom Glasses

Hello everyone! :420:
Flowering began 12/21 so shes been budding for 3 weeks, 2 days.

Temp: 72-83
RH: 44%
PPM: 700-900 Ionic bloom & PK boost (started liquid silicon sunday; 1/4 strength)

She drinks about 1 gallon a day and i have to keep a close eye on the nute levels because she'll rise 120 ppm in just 5 hours.

Ive been watching the cfl buds vs the led buds very closely and its hard to say but i do think the cfl buds are a tiny bit bigger. but we wont know til weigh day :cheer:

Got these here pictures:

113119.jpg

113p.jpg

113ft.jpg

113ct.jpg

Thanks friends :420:

Thanks for following along man :thanks: Yea the thing that strikes me the most when I open the tent is the size of her. I've never had a plant this large and honestly I didn't expect her to be as big as she is. Very happy she doesnt smell lol but none the less I'm giddy as hell about it so far. I hope the yield is worth all this food she eats. Just like a fat girl lmao :biglaugh:
I would expect each cola to be atleast 2-3 grams so if that's case the yield will be great for me. Im not greedy I just need enough to last until next harvest :allgood:

Back
Top Bottom