Amateur - Trying Small Tent DP White Widow Fem

Todays pix..
WOW, she is now officially at the level of the rim of the pot... I expect to see a cm of growth above it tomorrow! And the stem has DOUBLED in girth since i left work... much like my penis did when I saw her! Also the side shoots have grown almost as much as the tip! (on the plant that is, I don't have side shoots)
IMG_0228_1_1.JPG
IMG_0231_1_1.JPG

I am of the mind the the mangled leaves should just be left alone as they seem to still be the right shade of green!

Now As for the scrog, please tell me if this seems to harsh for her:
Once she reaches the screen or possibly after a tuck or two, I will be lolly-popping her... I will leave 2 lower branches as I want to take them for clones Juuuuust before 12/12 but I don't care if they under develop because they need to wait a month and a half minimum for the tent to become available for veg lights anyway!

So they will have to go in the bathroom or something so they get some light but not enough to really grow for a month. any tips would be appreciated on that too guys, I have read some ways to do it but I don't have the spare light and tent for 6/6/6/6 lighting and If i did I would just be doing a constant veg/bud on alternating clones and seeds!
So I just want to root them, which I plan to do with coke bottle halves over small pots in the tent in the week or two while m' girl buds, and then take them out of the tent for the last month or so as I hope to have a tent full of stank, then as soon as harvested put them in there on 18/6 MH for a week or two so they get used to it again, then off we go again! This is my hope but I may need to keep the clones in stasis so to speak for a couple of months... not sure yet... I only rent after all!
Not sure how I'm gonna do all this yet, might have to bite the bullet and make a smaller veg box with a crap load of CFL's!
This is getting space consuming for a lil one plant operation! And i still have a red cherry berry and AK47 (single seeds) to try after all this is over and I'm getin smooshed on the stoonky foonky! I cant want to say goodbye to the shady deals....

todays update:
switched back to MH today as I forgot my phone this morning so I had to duck back here while the lights where off anyway.
Noticed a little yellowing on the lower leaves between the veins last night, Top half of the soil was dry but the bottom half was still wet, don't think the roots are down there yet... I think I had little mites as well, saw a couple of little elongated black flies, only a couple over the course of the night, and I killed them, but not taking any chances, looked them up and found that peroxide will kill the larva in the soil and just so happens i picked some up a few days ago!
So I gave them a water of PH'd water (the soil was up to 7 near the root ball so I ph'd the water to 6)
with a couple of caps full (probably about 10 or 15ml to 2 litres) of peroxide in it. it was only 3% stuff so from what I hear it's pretty had to kill a plant cause it's too strong. I imagine her roots are a nice shiny white and there are many lil fury new growths down there.
Of course, I'm not going to dig around to check! She seems to have picked up though and the growth is still going strong, we have made it past the barrier of the top of the pot! so we are at about 3 or 4 inches.
IMG_0232_1_.JPG

Side branches are taking off!
IMG_0233_1_.JPG

Followed up the watering with a foliage spray of seasol so that at least some good bugs will sill be around in the soil!
Gave her another foliage feed with the seasol again today. there are no nutes in it so I feel safe using it, just didn't mix in the seasol growth booster this time! next watering will be with nutes at probably 1/2 strength with the single use veg booster additive I have and next nutes will be full strength if she has no ill effects.

Newest update:
Pix from a couple of days ago:
IMG_0237_1_.JPG
IMG_0241_1_.JPG

Yesterday:
IMG_0242_1_.JPG

IMG_0243_1_.JPG

And today!
IMG_0245_1_.JPG

IMG_0246_1_.JPG
IMG_0249_1_.JPG
IMG_0250_1_.JPG

She is looking strong and healthy, soil was drying up today so I gave her a nice feed.
She got 1/4 strength Jungle juice, Her only dose of single dose veg booster, Just a touch of flower booster but really not much at all.
and seasol.
I PH'd the water to about 6 as the PH in the soil is getting up around 7 near the roots!
I also started my LSTing to get her ready for the scrog
Just tied the main shoot over so that those thick side branches can get some light and catch up! I will have 3 growing tips to scrog with as well as 2 clones from the lower branches at the moment, though I may let the bottom branches go for 5 colas and take the clones from a lower shoot of the bottom branches. I think that will be the idea since those branches will be HOOGE by flower stage!
So next pic will show the LST as well as hopefully a lot of new growth!
If not she will probably get a nice flush! haha!

She's ok but it was a liiiiiittle bit borderline there...
Gave her first veg nutes last watering... got some tips burning next day so I added 2 lt of fresh water to dilute things and looks like I'm at the upper of what she can take... but she's taking it!
I stuck a chopstick in the dirt, tied half of an old shoelace to it and looped it around the growing tip a couple of days ago... bottom growth EXPLODED!
the lower few shoots are overtaking the main tip! which i have since ratcheted down lower slowly and it is now looking quite different!
Pix to follow.
The last 4 are from today, 3 are of the different growing tips i now have in addition to the main one, the last one is of the stem... oh my god... she is fat and healthy... a little tip burn but she seems to be fine otherwise and new growth is skyrocketing!

I also got a little impatient since I did some LST and shortened her, so I raised the pot a couple of inches to get more light to her and a shorter time to the screen! I'm betting I'm starting training in the next 2 weeks.

IMG_0251_1_1.JPG
IMG_0253_1_.JPG
IMG_0255_1_1.JPG
IMG_0256_1_1.JPG
IMG_0259_1_.JPG
IMG_0260_1_1.JPG
IMG_0261_1_1.JPG
IMG_0262_1_1.JPG
IMG_0263_1_1.JPG
IMG_0264_1_1.JPG
IMG_0265_1_1.JPG
IMG_0266_1_1.JPG

I rubbed some crud off a leaf today and my fingers smelled sweeeeeeeet!
I think i must be doing SOMETHING right, even if i did slightly overfeed! Just means I won't be feeding again for another watering or two!

well the slight nute burn doesn't seem to have slowed her down any.
Still slowly ratcheting her down and watching the side shoots take off!
Have had to pull them down a little but as they are passing the main shoot and she was getting much too bushy anyway, now I have some light on the actual stem where she is just exploding!
Took a few pix showing some different bid sites as well as the nice, thick, fat stem supporting it all!
Looks like i will have about 10 growin tips as this rate by the time I hit screen, as well as the main tip!
New growth looks.... awesome!
And I got my first hint this morning when I entered the room that there was actually a plant growing in there... a faint sweet smell. almost no there at all...
IMG_0268_1_1.JPG
IMG_0269_1_.JPG
IMG_0270_1_2.JPG
IMG_0271_1_2.JPG
IMG_0272_1_.JPG

Won't be getting any weaker I'm guessing, looks like the air purifier will be employed soon!

well I had a rethink today about the scrog... I been looking around the net and it seems I am going about this all wrong...
You see, all I want is to be able to smoke premo buds for next to nothing... In defense of this dream... I am now thinking that instead of spending 2 or 3 weeks vegging a scrog and paying for it in the mean time... my best bet is to wait about another week till she is good and ready, take 5 or 6 cuttings to strike, and send her into bud!
I should get myself at least a couple of oz and have clones waiting in the wings for flower as soon as she is done!
I have purchased a small greenhouse to put in the cupboard next to the tent... will probably just stick a fluro baton in there and use it for cuttings/seedlings/veg. Then I should be able to harvest every couple of months instead of waiting 4 months between smokes...
This will also mean it will all be easier to hide if need be! I can just pack up the tent into a cupboard and stash the girls somewhere out of the way until I can take them out again. The SCROG would have been a nightmare to dismantle once it was twined up!

I have started LST on my girl to get her to lie down, the bottom branches started to overtake the top so I also have tied 3 of these down.
I have switched to twisty ties on my chopsticks to tie her down.
I also did a redesign of the tent since I had to remove everything to get the SCROG screen out. Moved it over a bit and put the evap cooler on the other side, blowing ino the rectangular vent instead of forcing all the air into the 4 inch circle with fancy cardboard work. seems to be more airflow. moved the fans too. Hopefully the humidity stays ok! I have ordered a mister on ebay so all I have to do is put a jug of water in there with the fogger in it and temps will be down and humidity will be up!
Anyway you won't see any of that until next pix cause I took these before I did any of that.
IMG_0273_1_.JPG
IMG_0274_1_1.JPG
IMG_0275_1_1.JPG
IMG_0276_1_1.JPG
IMG_0277_1_.JPG

she is still doing good! Lots of stems thickening and new growth on all tips. which are now pulled back down.
The light is probably an inch or two closer now too. Will have to move it every few days cause its only a couple of inches before my hand is uncomfortable... so I should be in that sweet spot...
The goal of the training is to get the large growth to the outside and let the inner stuff come up a bit. Hoping to make a kind of bowl effect before 12/12.
Comments? am i dumb for doing things this way? is this the smarter way to go? Please Pass your judgement!

Ok update time:
Managed to get some photos just before the light turned off this morning to compare to tonight, which I took a lil while ago...
First 3 show "Le Bush" from different angles... (this morning)
IMG_0278_1_1.JPG
IMG_0279_1_1.JPG
IMG_0280_1_1.JPG

Then we have a couple of pics of the stem. (this morning)
IMG_0282_1_2.JPG
IMG_0283_1_2.JPG

as well as the side shoots at little...

From here the pix are only like an hour old.

This next one I THINK shows the beginnings of pre-flower but she hasn't thrown hairs yet, the places where the hairs come out have elongated near the new growth though...
Pic is a bit blurry, damn iphone...
IMG_0286_1_.JPG

Then we have a couple of pics of the top canopy as well as one of the stem again from tonight.
IMG_0287_1_1.JPG
IMG_0290_1_1.JPG
IMG_0291_1_.JPG

I like the last one best it shows all the lil new growth sites from the LST I have been doing...
She hasn't really put on much length the last few days but I have seen the stems thicken and fan leaves are getting HOOOGE I have had to tuck most of them out of the way to get light to those little middle shoots coming up...
If I hadn't started LST she would have a short top cola and at least 4 side shoots overtaking it! They are tucked over the opposite side of the pot to the main shoot.

I went shopping today!
Picked up some epsom salts and some blackstrap molasses. Mixed minute quantities together into a folar feed as the lower leaves seem to be suffering mag def but it could be iron or something else and epsom and blackstrap seems to pretty much have it all when it comes to trace elements... Only used a poofteenth though don't want to overdo it, just get her using ALL the nutes left in the soil before I fert again and anything missing could stuff that right up! Prevent, better than cure!
So anyone got ANY comments? was it a good idea to abandon a SCROG in favor of LST and making a veg/clone room?
Good idea or bad to give her the epsom and molasses? any opinions or advice would be awesome.

I just want smoke-able white widow ASAP so I don't have to buy semi-good bud anymore! And the longer I spend paying for electricity as well as all the bits I have been buying as well as half ounces every week this is getting expensive! I can't wait for the tipping point when I have enough to smoke till next harvest! I also shelled out on a PPM/pH meter as the PH I have is just analogue and this is digital and also measures PPM...

Update time!
I keep pulling her out and she just keeps growing back in!
Planted another 2 chopsticks in the soil and another 4 twisty ties later... this time I took the photos AFTER the tie down...

IMG_0292_1_.JPG
IMG_0293_1_1.JPG
IMG_0294_1_.JPG
IMG_0295_1_.JPG

Different angles...

The nice healthy thick stem...
IMG_0296_1_.JPG

And an overview shot...
IMG_0297_1_.JPG

Now... I seem to have a little bit of leaf damage... I am thinking the nutes are still a little high in the soil... Gonna go with just a watering and maybe a little molasses next water... You will be happy to know that I checked under a microscope and I have 0 Bugs... at least on the little leaf I pulled off to test... well the little BIT of a leaf... here are pix of both sides,
IMG_0298_1_.JPG
IMG_0300_1_.JPG

not sure how much the damage shows.... its like the leaf has turned into a grew spiderweb in the middle! Which is why i went to the extreme of the microscope to check for once and for all... Its only on some leaves, mixture of old and new, and also the tips of a couple are brown and not just the tip but also a couple of the little fan tips up the sides of the fan leaves. BUT it is only spotted here and there... My suspicions are either still too high nutes in soil or (now my fave) that my almost constant spraying to get temps down and humidity up has light burned them a little. Can't wait for this mister to come!
almost all of the new growth is looking really green and healthy otherwise...
I am just going to try to leave her alone as much as possible now till the soil dries out...
see yas in a day or two!

I believe I had me a PH fudge...
Looks like my meter reads ph not as a function of the pH of the soil, but as a function of the time the probes have been in whatever they are testing... including water and nutes and whatever else...
So my last feed I added WAAAAAY too much ph down cause this takes a few minutes to take effect, and with i used ph paper to test the top of the pot it went orange! thats like ph 3-4! NOOOOOOO
She has been yellowing from the bottom the last few days, the burns on the leaves are getting more numerous and not just on the tips, the bottom couple of leaves drooped down to the pot and got black spots as well as yelowing... she slowed growth... generally NOT GOOD!
So:
I took her straight to the shower and ran 10 lt of fresh, luke warm tap water through the pot and waited till she had drained then put her home again... Noticed that the twist ties I have been using to train have cut into the main shoot a little in addition to all this... and I only made hooks out of them and pulled the branches under the hooks! So Training has been abandoned for now till she starts taking off again... Gave her a very weak and very light (500ml) feed with molasses and seasol and went to bed...
Forgot to take pix last night... was busy tending...
Tonight I had another look and she is starting to droop and get pale but otherwise no new burns I can see...
I figured overwatering since the pot hasn't been dry for at least a week and a half because of all the issues, so I paradoxically gave her ANOTHER 500ml of water as evenly as I could, but this time added some peroxide to take care of any root rot etc and get some oxygen in there and now she must DRY!!!!!
will probly give WEAK nutes next feed, just the AN veg 2 parter.... no more veg boosters! not for WW!
Might give a weak dose of the flower booster when i switch the lights but will be keeping a CLOSE eye as moving that pot back to the shower will be a bitch with a 2.5 foot high plant covered in colas! (if that is what I end up with after the crap!)
Won't blame dutch passions as my own fault is far more accurate...
will be a test of them though, to see how she bounces back!
am not pHing the water at all till I get my digital pH and PPM meter which should be soon. figure tap water around here hasn't hurt the carnivorous plants I have and they can be picky... So this is probably the safest bet for now... will be interested to see what needs fixing when it arrives!
Have pix from 2 nights ago when the problems started spreading, and from tonight and she looks a bit better...

Previously:
IMG_0311_1_2.JPG
IMG_0312_1_2.JPG
IMG_0313_1_2.JPG

And today!

IMG_0317_1_2.JPG

IMG_0316_1_1.JPG
-
I cut off the lower leaves which had been sitting on the wet soil for a couple of days and they are under a DENSE canopy anyway an where very yellow and looked like maybe even about to grow spores or something so I figured the plant was better off without them. the branches they supported now have many leaves on them and up near the light anyway... they can fend for themselves!
The good news? I can flower whenever I want now! looks like she has showed me her sex, and it smells sweet!

This is where the twist tie cut into the stem some and it looks a little brown on this node because of that, but it didn't eem to affect the tip much it twisted back to the light and I can't even see the wound now!
IMG_0314_1_3.JPG

Not sure which one was in better focus, neither are great cause it's REALLY hard to see, but above the brown there is a lil dot where the branch is coming from... IT HAS HAIRS!!! LIIIIIIIITTLE tiny HAIRS!!!!
I haven't stressed her hermy yet! yay!
IMG_0315_1_2.JPG

Well I only have pix for today cause I couldn't be arsed all weekend and she didn't really grow any till today anyway...
Have resumed LST since she seems to be responding well.
Here are 2 overhead pix from opposing angles.
IMG_0318_1_2.JPG
IMG_0319_1_2.JPG

Compared to the past shots from a couple of days ago, she has clearly grown up to the light and I have now pulled her back down again
Here is the main growing tip up close.
IMG_0320_1_2.JPG

I like to call these "The twins" as they are almost identical, I think they came from the same node just one is pulled over to this side.
IMG_0321_1_1.JPG

The one on the left here is the main shoot that took off early on when I kinda half did a pinch on the grow tip (see the deformed leaves posts of a few weeks ago)
IMG_0322_1_2.JPG

And a couple more on the other side to the "twins"
IMG_0323_1_1.JPG

As well as these ones which have come up in the last few days from just lil beanches to this!
IMG_0324_1_1.JPG

She seems to have taken the peroxide well and I am now just trying to dry her out down below and giving a light folar feed with jungle juice and molasses in weak strength followed by a light spray with clear water to dilute that even further. just enough to let minimal water drip down and re-wet the soil but enough to keep humidity up as it sits around 30-35% if i'm not spraying every couple of hours! She must suffer a little before I get home from work! I must say she has greened back up in the last couple of days she was starting to yellow!
No new tips burning either so looks like I am good for now... Lemon juice works MUCH better than the PH down I have for fish tanks I found that it took AGES to dissolve and therefore I think it had been slowly leeching acids into the soil... therefore PH issues... Lemon juice... needed about 4 drops for a 500ml spray bottle to bring it down about 0.5 and I have a bag full in the fridge and more on the way on a tree for free! +1 for lemons from me! and +1 Blackstrap Molasses! I am sure the combination is helping her immensely.
I Backed off the light about 3 inches today as temps are starting to be an issue again and I WANT HER TO STRETCH!!! she is so damn squat! I think she is TOO squat cause of the issues.
Anyway finally, I have found a branch to take a clone from it was the survivor cotyledon branch of the ratcheting down process, the other one is buried! This one is about 4 inches tall at the moment with 2 clear nodes and 2 on the way... i figure when those two are growed up I will be safe to cut her and maybe a tip from higher up and as soon as she recovers from that, FLOWER!!!! I need to get my clone/veg tent ready! I think I will drop the RCB and AK beans at the same time once I have the veg from set up and the tent is only from budding... The next task is to hide it all so rental inspections don't see/smell/suspect! That won't be an issue for months yet though I should be able to take the WW to term before next inspection... hopefully! If I get a letter I will be making hasty arrangements!
Till next time!

Ok I had me a problem or two but should be sorted now.
I took this last batch of pictures last night... literally 2 minutes later I was taking one last look before closing the tent and the MH bulb started sparking from the element out to one of the metal rods! Don't know what happened!
It WAS a cheap arse growlush, so I waited about 5 min for the bulb to cool, removed it, waited about 10 min for the ballast to cool a little while replacing with the HPS bulb and preying the ballast (also GL) wasn't fragged...
Did a quick google of how long before I could switch back on and seems that it's the bulb that needs to cool not the ballast, and that it's only like a minute for a HPS anyway!
so i flicked her back on and now I have an orange room!
I was going to switch out probably next week or week after anyway for a week or so before flicking over but its still a bloody headache cause now I'm all paranoid about the HPS bulb and I will need to drop some cash on another (not GL) one!
AND lucky I was there and staring at it when it went! Or A. Plants would have been dark and cold when they should have been warm and growing! B. SPARKS INSIDE MH BULB! I watched it in disbelief for as long as I dared hoping it would re-ignite...
has anyone seen this before? googled it and nada...
Anyway she is under more lumens now and better flower lumens!
Before this happened she was looking very healthy, except that the lower leaves had turned to yellow they also had some dark spots on them like freckles, looks like mag or something similar I think. didn't get good pix of them though as I removed them, I guess the flush worked! looks like she is finally deficient instead of burning!
The soil was just starting to dry up. I gave her another folar feed diluted a little more and closed up.
This morning she looked wilted! I tested the soil and it seems right on the verge of dry. I figure the root system may not be in the best shape and she seems deficient now as a couple more lower leaves had yellow tips and the new growth is slightly streaky with red until it unfolds, I figured the best course would be light nutes with some molasses for a boost of microelements, and only jungle juice this time.
My veg booster was a single use as per instructions.

I also followed that up with about a litre of plain water & weak molasses on top and in the tray to soak up as the pot took 2lt and nothing came out! That was 2 hrs ago... will check up on her when I am done here.
PICS!
Yesterday literally minutes before the light blew:
IMG_0325_1_2.JPG
IMG_0326_1_2.JPG
IMG_0327_1_2.JPG
IMG_0328_1_1.JPG
IMG_0329_1_1.JPG

As you can see all tips had turned back up from the last pull down and she was going nicely apart from the lower fan leaves which where so close to gone that I took em,
These are from tonight...
IMG_0334_1_.JPG
IMG_0336_1_1.JPG
IMG_0337_1_1.JPG
IMG_0338_1_2.JPG
IMG_0340_1_2.JPG

She seems to have wilted! This is why she got water and weak nutes to get rid of this yellowing!
Going to check up on her now... if there is any change I will grab the phone and take more pix if not update probably friday!
Post comments ppl, don't be shy!

EDIT: Well not much change so no pix but only been like an hour.
Tied some more down as she is stretching now! probably the HPS. good though she has been TOO bushy.
Forgot to add, I loaded up the feed water and the follow up with peroxide to try to get an oxygen boost to the roots and fend off the last rot or whatever I had... hopefully it will be enough to pick her up and next water should be just water! fingers crossed!

Well, better do an update before my phone is full!
She's doing OK, still needs to dry out... slowly vegging away though.
IMG_0340_1_2.JPG
IMG_0344_1_1.JPG
IMG_0348_1_2.JPG
IMG_0350_1_2.JPG

The bag she came in.
IMG_0351_1_1.JPG

And some stem porn.
IMG_0353_1_3.JPG
IMG_0359_1_3.JPG

That last one shows the pr-flowers! (upside down)
Letting her grow natural again till things speed up.
Friday night:
IMG_0360_1_3.JPG
IMG_0363_1_3.JPG

And I also dropped the beans for the RCB and the AK47 since I will be taking clones in a week or two and want the seedlings to be about the same stage as the clones when they all get cloned again and go to flower! but that's not till after this lot has yielded... this is my interim smoke grow so I can stop paying for this shat ASAP.
anyway... the lil pots...
The first two show the seeds still in the bags.
IMG_0365_1_2.JPG
IMG_0366_1_.JPG

And then planted!
IMG_0369_1_1.JPG
IMG_0376_1_2.JPG

They are in the tent to get some heat into the coir peat they are in.
I am hoping they will need to be transferred out to bigger pots at about the same time the clones are struck. IF all goes well.

Anyway went away sat night so no pics yesterday.
Tonight she seemed a little droopy and the lower leaves and some mid ones have brown spots, burning tips and are yellowing. I thnk its cause of the overwatering, i filled with tray with water/peroxide before i left and I think that was about all the damp she could take for now... folar feeding with epsom salts and molasses. as well as a drop of AN 2 part till the soil is dry again.

Today.
IMG_0377_1_3.JPG
IMG_0378_1_2.JPG
IMG_0379_1_1.JPG
IMG_0380_1_1.JPG
IMG_0381_1_.JPG

Well i'm having a shitty tiime with it...
I think the medium is wrong... I will never be using long strand sphagnum in a mix again!
I have a question:
I had a mix of Perlite, vermiculite, sphagnum and cactus mix with a little slow release nutes...
would this qualify as soil or hydro? cause I can't seem to find the right PH to get nutes into her!
The sphagnum seems to stay too wet up top and green stuff grows on it, don't think this is a good thing either!
I am waiting on a digi pH meter cause the one I have sucks and I am forced to check with paper strips which are also inaccurate and a pain in the ass... the mix is only about 1/4 to 1/3 cactus mix and there where orgaincs in there I think... so I started with soil pH and it was working till about week 3, then she started not liking me, since then I have tried everything including letting her go all week to try to dry out the soil, she hasn't been sucking up ANY water that I can tell cause the top inch was only just drying (not yet dry tho) tonight!

I had to do something as I have leaves turning yellow with dark spots all over them from the bottom up, red stems on new growth, lightening of alot of the growth and droopy droopy...
I figure it must be overwatering so I let her try to dry out for 5 days, pot still wet and plant looking all the worse!
I thought arse to this today and flushed the mother again... This time I used at least twice as much water as the empty pot would hold to make sure she got all new water and all salts out...
Here is the strange part, thought I would try my new PPM meter!
well, I got strange stuff happening.
I ppm'd my tap water, about 350 odd. ok fair enough.
So when I flushed, I picked up the pot and got a cup of runoff to test, only about 350! same as the bloody tap water!
so I made a fresh watering up for her to finish the flush with fresh nutes, Only went with the AN nutes this time I am putting faith in them healing my sick bitch...
Anyway I used demineralised water for the first time and confirmed the ppm meter works as it reads a healtjy 001 for demin water.
Put in a half dose of AN nutes, about 1ml per lit of each part, 2 lts water plus peroxide and lemon to taste, I THINK the pH is about 5.5-6.0 tops as the meter is crappy and the paper is only so accurate. I also shook the crap out of it all to try to aerate the mix even more! then chucked in the ppm meter... 270! 270??? lower than my TAP water??? I thought this stuff was strong!?!?!?
I didn't want to overfeed so I threw that in the top of the pot and let it drain to no drips before she want back into the tent... I have been folair feeding with weak AN nutes while trying to dry out the soil but it wasn't doing much... so I don't know whether to keep folair feeding or not... will see how she goes tomorrow after work.
I also panicked a little bit so I took a cutting of the lowest branch that came out of a cotyledon and is all small and stunted to about the size of a cutting anyway.
Hoping she strikes, she is in a lil seed raiser I purchased cheap. I also transplanted the seeds into jiffy pots full of coco peat as I found that I had put them in nute rich seed raising stuff instead! the AK cracked but hasn't shot a root out and the RCB doesn't even look like cracking yet! hope I didn't bloody kill them! be just my luck to have all 3 seeds fail all at once...
Can't be arsed posing pics till I know there is going to be anything to post, so I'm taking them but not uploading them...

get yourself some peat moss, perlite and vermiculite. sunshine mix number 4 already has some perlite in it but can use more. i do not know what is in your cactus mixture or what your slow release nutrients are or are doing to your plants. i do not know what your lemon juice is doing either. pH adjust your nutrient mixture to 5.8. i cant tell any more without seeing photographs of what is going on in your plants.

well the 2 seeds are dead... no RCB and no AK47 for me...
put them in the peat pots with the coir peat and put that in the propegator (a little mini greenhouse in the bottom of the grow tent) in 2 days the tops of the pots started growing white hairs! the seeds i found had cracked (this is after another week and I sprayed with with H2O2 when i noticed the spores and cracked the vent on the mini GH) and they had turned to white puss inside!
Next time, I am cracking them with the paper towel method cause I just wasted about 50 bucks!
KingJohnC, Took pretty much all of your advice with the WW... took her outside and rolled her out of the pot... Looks like my soil mix was to blame for most of my woes... I had a layer of vermiculite in the middle of the pot 2 inches thick where it wasn't mixed well... and the sphagnum hadn't mixed well either, creating clumps of different mediums and so I had a root system in little balls connected by very tenuous threads to the main tap root... I couldn't save any of the clumps as they came away with the soil, so I either finished the job of killing it or saved her arse...
Time will tell... Either way, I am not thinking I will get anything much from her anyway now... she will be my first pancake that is thrown out... well If she lives, she WILL be flowered anyway...
The cutting hasn't rooted in over a week... slowly yellowing and dying... I repotted the main girl in about a 50/50 mix of coir and perlite. The hardware was out of vermiculite. Mixed it on builders plastic this time it is even all the way through... have her weak nutes and have been watching her yellow up ever since... Newer growth (relative term as I haven't seen real NEW growth in more than a week and a half) but that week and a half old stuff seems greener than the rest.... don't know if she is recovering or will recover... BUT....
I went onto demon seeds last weekend... ordered me some REAL white widow (that is BLACK widow from mr nice...) as well as some SHIT seeds as they are cheap arse and apparently easy to grow and good smoke... 3 BW seeds and 4 SHIT. they should be here sometime this week and not a moment too soon! wasted 2 months already!
They will be going into my lil veg room for the first couple of weeks to sprout, I bit the bulled and got a new T5 double ballast and some globes... daylight and warm white. Then they will be put under the HPS until cuttings can be made... then as soon as they are rooted... FLOWER!!! I WILL make this work if it kills me, I just paid premium price for damp weed that was underweight.... this sucks... I am sick of this... I WILL make this work...
Will update either way in a week or so if she perks up or dies... if she dies I will make a new journal for the new seeds I reckon...
Should I just cut my losses and take heaps of cuttings from yellow plant? I don't think they will fare well... I think its crunch time now I either have SOMETHING from the last 2 months or she just dies...

try using a 18 gallon Rubbermaid tote box to mix your peat moss, perlite and vermiculite mixture in and a hand trowel. if you can i would take 2 good cuttings from your yellowing plant now and try to get those clones rooted. have you figured out why your plant is yellowing? it would be helpful if you listed what nutrients you are feeding per gallon of water to diagnose what is going wrong with your plants. some photographs would also be helpful to diagnose it.

Thanks king, I mixed up all the rest of my coir on builders plastic all in all it was 2 and a half bricks of coir and 2 bags of perlite. it's all distributed out in pots and there is a fill 9lt bucket as spare and to fill the other big pot later. I'm finding the plastic is working well for me cause I can really get in there and mix it well. So that's not an issue now.
I took another cutting last night with I mixed the coir up and put it in a lil peat pot with the new mix in it.
I think the problem was the mixture of the soil before, and now it is that I have just removed about 60% of the root ball and those where mostly the tiny lil hairy ones cause they where in clumps all over the place and just fell out with the old mix! Oh and by the way, somehow, she was rootbound as well... In a pot I could have fit the whole plant into upside down! There where a stupid amount of roots!
Anyway there isn't now and she yellowed up most of the bigger fan leaves, and when I brushed up against one it fell so I started testing them and most of them are now gone cause they just fell away! they where yellow and brown anyway and dead... I don't know but the tops MIGHT be starting to green back up SLIGHTLY... it's hard to tell... I moved the light WAY up about a foot and half away from the plants...
As for nutrients, I have the AN Jungle juice 2 part, so when I re-planted the root ball that was left I added about a 1/4 dose to the water I wet the coir with.
BTW, we use litres here, gallons make no sense to me really... I think its ABOUT 4lt to the gallon?
Anyway my directions are for Lt on the bottle anyway it says seedlings/cuttings 1ml/lt, Veg 2ml/lt of each part.
So I have mostly been feeding her on 1ml/lt when feeding as all the white widow ppl said go easy on the nutes.
Since the re-potting, I gave her another .75ml/lt on saturday as she hadn't shown much sign of improving, I used tap water and PPM'd it to just under 1000, since my tap water is about 350ppm I figure I have about 6-700ppm ferts... should be plenty for recovery I reckon!
I'm just waiting on her to dry out again before I water, probly just water but it depends on how long it takes to dry out!
I also added just a little seasol to the last watering as it seems to help rooting and transplant shock.
Bigger leaves continue to go spotty from the inside and yellow from the tips. not many bigger leaves left now though!
I am hoping the roots are taking to the new medium and I will see new growth soon cause the newest growth is the only green thing left!
I will take some pics and do another quick post...
you will see...

ok here we go...

I managed to turn this:
IMG_0384_1_.JPG

(this one I think is about 2 weeks old)

Into this:
IMG_0391_1_2.JPG

(Today)

The main top.
IMG_0393_1_.JPG

2 pics of the damage, turns from pic 1 to pic 2 over a couple of days... been doing it for weeks now and nothing I have done has helped at all!
Hoping the re-pot, while a huge stress, granted, will be the LAST stress she has to put up with... IF she lives...
IMG_0395_1_.JPG
IMG_0396_1_1.JPG

And my little unrooted clones... we shall see how they do... should I take more clones now or do you think that would be evem MORE stress???

IMG_0397_1_.JPG
IMG_0398_1_.JPG

Oh, and the new pots of mixture...
IMG_0399_1_1.JPG

here's hoping she lives now! Any more advice would be GREATLY appreciated... I have pretty much done all you suggested, I PH with the fish tank stuff again, even though its a powder and a pain in the arse... If it was the lemons that did this I will kick myself!
Anyway still working under the assumption that she was over watered and over rooted somehow probly from a crappy medium... hope this goes better! Cross ya bits!

EDIT: thought I would put up a pic of the labels on the JJ bottles, these are from online but this is what I got.
JJ grow...
2-part-jungle-juice-grow-elemental-analysis.jpg

Well I received my Mr Nice seeds today, all regular: 3 Black Widow and 4 Shit...
they are all between plates and paper towel with water and a touch of peroxide cause I don't want the white goo that the AK and the RCB ended op with, so they don't even get potted till I see at least a cm of tap root...
Since they are reg seeds I am just hoping for at least one female of each, if I get a male I might flower it in the new veg tent for a week or two before I start my new clones off cause I just might want to keep some pollen from them for later! then I can make my own crosses by pollinating a clone of BW and Shit with each other!
I will call the BW plants pollinated with the shit: Shit Widow
and the other way round shall be Black Shit. I just hope I get that far! And the WW hasn't died yet and neither have the clones so I MIGHT be able to get a 2 way cross if I can strike a couple of WW clones as well! Now I'm kinda hoping the BW and the shit aren't all female! (and def NOT all male, that would SUCK)

Back
Top Bottom