Anyone use Fafard Professional Potting Mix? (pic)

No1Stunna

41011760FF_Pro_Potting_Mix_2cu_RESILIENCE_Front.jpg

Fafard® Professional Potting Mix with RESiLIENCE®

Description:

An all-purpose potting mix based on our professional formulation used by commercial growers, Fafard® Professional Potting Mix is a top-quality peat-based blend recommended for all indoor and outdoor container plantings. This product contains RESiLIENCE®, which may improve resistance to wilting.

Available In:

Eastern United States only

Available Sizes:

8 QT (200/pallet), 1.0 CF (90/pallet), 2.0 CF (48/pallet)

Ingredients:

Regionally formulated and contains a blend of Canadian Sphagnum peat moss or peat and one or more of the following: processed softwood bark, forest products, compost, perlite, vermiculite or peanut hulls, dolomitic limestone, and wetting agent

Applications:

Recommended for all container plantings, indoors and out.

This product contains RESiLIENCE®, which may improve resistance to wilting.

I have not used it.
When I read the above, I think "increased water holding capacity." I prefer high-porosity soil blends since cannabis hates soggy roots. It also sounds highly variable since it "may contain" a lot of different ingredients. Give me peat moss, perlite, lime (and maybe a wetting agent).
It is probably fine if you watch your watering.

:high-five:

What if i were to add perlite?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Dunno.
I did a quick read on what "RESiLIENCE" is. It is sungro's marketing name for silicon. I'd have to run that soil to know if it would benefit from any modification. The company says it gels to hold more water. That's the part that worries me.
Hopefully someone else who uses it will chime in - or at least someone who has experience with polymerized silicon in their soil.

Back
Top Bottom