3rd Time's A Charm?

I start mine under 18/6 from the very beginning. In veg I doubt the light coming on will matter. In bloom it could be a big problem.

Thanx ill try it out.

Should i keep the fan on?

Ill turn the lights off this afternoon and see how it goes..

Im hoping to have them in the other room for bloom so the hallway light would only be affecting them during veg...

You dont think it will stress them?

They are looking good, and no yellow cotyledons :goodjob:

Thanx Dean

Also when should i add more lights? Atm i have the 2 t12s which are 40 w each plus i have 2 23 watt cfls

So a total 126 watts

The temp is much better with door open almost fully...

Avg 84° with 40% humidity

Sent from my GT-P5210 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I keep a fan on mine 24/7. It helps with transpiration, mold/mildew, and builds a stronger stem and branches.
Since the GLR works OK, I don't think your light will stress them, but I have no first-hand experience or other knowledge.

I must agree with Major Pita. I also use my hallway closet to veg my clones and little ones up til flower. And my wife is always going to look for something in one of the other hallway closets, and turning the hallway light on during my dark period (with door left ajar-open)and never noticed any problems. But only for my veg room. I also use a light schedule of 18on-6off and 16on-8off. No real significant difference. But IMO...my plants seem to grow just a little bit faster with more dark hours. Just my two cents worth. Great job so far...good luck on getting them to the finish line! Sparks.

I must agree with Major Pita. I also use my hallway closet to veg my clones and little ones up til flower. And my wife is always going to look for something in one of the other hallway closets, and turning the hallway light on during my dark period (with door left ajar-open)and never noticed any problems. But only for my veg room. I also use a light schedule of 18on-6off and 16on-8off. No real significant difference. But IMO...my plants seem to grow just a little bit faster with more dark hours. Just my two cents worth. Great job so far...good luck on getting them to the finish line! Sparks.
Thank you so much for the info... :)

I used 18/6 for a couple grows and now using 16/8 and they look healthy and not going into flower so I'm happy to save some electricity as well. If you or husband is handy, you can switch out that T-12 light ballast for a T-8. Wouldn't have to change out the sockets, those will work with the t8 bulbs. The t8 bulbs are 32w and will be much cooler in temperature than the 40w T12's. and use less energy of course. You will also have more kelvin color choices like the 5000K. which is F32T8/TL850/ALTO - 32 Watt - T8 - 36,000 Hours - 2,850 Lumens - 5000K each bulb.

Personally, I'd add nada, zilch, nothin'. Seeds have everything they need for a while.

Seedlings will primarily pull their nutrients from the cotyledons. So, as long as these are still green and healthy then you don't really need to add any more nutes. They will eventually yellow and fall off. Not all, but most growers will hold off on giving any type of nutrient supplement until the 4th or 5th node is well formed.

Remember - The #1 worst thing for new growers is over thinking things. Everyone wants monster plants, but there are a TON of factors that make plants big. The best thing for you to do is to sit back and watch them grow. Root enhancers, loads of nutrients, CO2 enhancers won't do much without loads of light in order to give them the energy to grow. #my2cents

Good morning..

My girls are doing great.. I have been weighing their water weight and they were all ready for some water today.. the medium was even pulled away from the sides..

I gave them tap water that has been sitting out to dissipate the chlorine

Ill try to get some pictures up later... Have a good day everyone

420-magazine-mobile984064897.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1432494597.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1058222142.jpg

Just got one of these... Should i take all the other lights out and just use this or use all of them?

More is better...other than the heat. I'd add it and see what it does to the temperature. 125W is a lot. It may be too much (heat) with the others, but I'd give it a try.

I would turn the T12 off for sure. I would go with just the new light and remove the others, then add them back later when needed. What about drilling a hole or two in the bottom of the cabinet to let fresh air come in. From one of the pictures it looks like there's space between the bottom of the cabinet and the floor. Plants are all looking good. And you didn't add nutes :goodjob: You're on your way!

I would turn the T12 off for sure. I would go with just the new light and remove the others, then add them back later when needed.

thats what i was thinking..

What about drilling a hole or two in the bottom of the cabinet to let fresh air come in. From one of the pictures it looks like there's space between the bottom of the cabinet and the floor. Plants are all looking good. And you didn't add nutes :goodjob: You're on your way!

the empty space is actually the ac return... ill ask hubby..

i was gonna make a tea for the next time..
or maybe this stuff..

The guy gave me them from the hydro store

flora-duo.jpg

Seems awfully early to feed them. I like the GH nute's, but I'd hold off for a while.

Back
Top Bottom