Anything else I should add?

zBRiCKz

My grow space is just about complete.

125w 6500k CFL.
4" ventech exhaust fan with carbon filter (not installed into room yet)
FFOF soil uncut
FF grow big, FF tiger bloom
Auto Trans Siberian
Auto Northern Lights

I've heard suggestions of more lighting but I'm not typically going for a massive yield, maybe just 1.5 oz per plant. Any thoughts?

Re: Anything else I should add??

I doubt that you'll hit that goal with only 125W of CFL light zBRiCKz.

They should veg ok under that but to get much bud you're going to need other CFLs of the 2700K range around the plants or a decent LED with the CFLs. I use HIDs once the plants are much over 6" after vegging under CFLs.

Good luck.

L8r

Re: Anything else I should add??

I doubt that you'll hit that goal with only 125W of CFL light zBRiCKz.

They should veg ok under that but to get much bud you're going to need other CFLs of the 2700K range around the plants or a decent LED with the CFLs. I use HIDs once the plants are much over 6" after vegging under CFLs.

Good luck.

L8r

Thanks brother! Yeah I think I'm gonna stop by ace hardware today and get some 2700k to mount onto the closet door. 2-4 should be good right?

Your looking good. How are you venting the inline, outdoors or in the room? Set up looks fine. Clean and organized is good! Keep it that way and you'll benefit. More light as mentioned and you should be good to go! Below are some links you should read. Happy growing my friend...

How to Ask for Grow Support
Marijuana Grower's Handbook
How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Excellent! Thank you my friend!

We're planning on drilling a 4" hole in the ceiling of the closet for a 4" inline exhaust fan with a carbon filter attached. It's got some beast suction so we're pretty sure that it will lower the pressure in the room enough to suck fresh air in from under the closet door.

I just added 4 23w 2700k cfl bulbs. Going to post a photo here in a couple minutes.

Here it is, sorry for sideways view but I mounted the new lights on the door.
image30166.jpg

With all due respect, I have done my homework and I have the minimum of what I need to get a small grow going.

As for the reflective material, that's what the panda plastic is for. Couldn't exactly build a full box in the closet without tearing up my brothers walls. So I'm minus a ceiling as far as reflective material but the rest is wrapped and very reflective.

I've probably watched 10 hours of documentaries and read countless grow journals and guides. Yeah I don't have a plethora of ferts but I am on a bit of a budget and just got the basics for veg and flower. By the time it's flowering time I'll probably have some more money saved that I can get other ferts but finances are tight lol

Great, ignore my first post I wasn't sure what it was. Big bloom is something plants need from seedling till harvest. Maybe you are right you don't need it.

Extra lights will help for sure zBRiCKz but you will end up scorching leaves when the plants get bigger and you can't see where the lights are with the door closed. For the veg part you'll want to swap those out for 6500K ones. Single tube T-5s or T-8s vertically in each corner would add all sorts of light and be out of the way too.

I don't know why someone would worry about big bloom already when there isn't even a plant in the box.

That FF soil and what you have will veg plants fine on it's own until they are ready to flip so it will be a while before you'll need to worry about bloom boosters.

L8r

Extra lights will help for sure zBRiCKz but you will end up scorching leaves when the plants get bigger and you can't see where the lights are with the door closed. For the veg part you'll want to swap those out for 6500K ones. Single tube T-5s or T-8s vertically in each corner would add all sorts of light and be out of the way too.

I don't know why someone would worry about big bloom already when there isn't even a plant in the box.

That FF soil and what you have will veg plants fine on it's own until they are ready to flip so it will be a while before you'll need to worry about bloom boosters.

L8r

Big Bloom®Natural & Organic Blossom Builder( 0.01 - 0.3 - 0.7 )

"Our special, micro-brewed formula incorporates earthworm castings, bat guano and other high test organic ingredients that offer a full range of nutrients. Norwegian kelp improves nutrient uptake and increases yields. Rock phosphate helps transfer energy from one part of the plant to another, which means bigger buds and more fragrant flowers.

Garden tip: Big Bloom® is ideal for all flowering and fruiting plants, and it’s safe enough to use every time you water. You’ll enjoy healthy, vigorous flowers and dramatically improved fruit and vegetable flavors.

Best of all, Big Bloom® will intensify flower fragrance, and it will increase essential oil production, which means stronger flavors in herbs, fruits, and vegetables. Use Big Bloom® to extend your fruit and flowering season late into the year. And when a plant is struggling, a root drench of Big Bloom® will help to perk things up."

Okay so I made some changes to the lights that were on the door. I was messing around in the garage and found two short but perfect size extension chords. I went with a hanging technique but left the chords easy enough to adjust up, down, or side to side.

image30281.jpg

The two smaller bulbs you see are 14w 5000k to assist the 125w 6400k in vegging. The two larger bulbs next to the 14w bulbs are 23w 2700k.

When it's time to flower, I will change the 14w bulbs to 23w 2700k to make 4 total plus the 125w.

Sound like a decent first timer plan?

P.s I know it doesn't look very bright in the photo but believe me... It's bright in there lol. I have to wear sunglasses just to look at it

You got a nice little setup for a first timer. Much better hanging those lights. Most of the light comes off the sides of CFLs.

Bit of success there will have you looking for bigger pastures tho. :)

I've found 40W, 150W equivalent, 2700K bulbs at some stores. $15 but probably cheaper at WallyWorld in the states.

You could just tie knots in the cords to shorten them up if needed too.

Now you just need some shrubbery in there to add a little colour. lol

L8r

That should be alright for now - you'll find out what you need as you start growing, and if you get addicted to this hobby like us, you'll upgrade!

It may not be a bad idea to make/but some light reflectors to focus more of the light downward. I'd recommend against using aluminum foil, as it can create hotspots, but you could use metal/plastic/whatever and cover/paint the inside flat white. I found some $1 bowls with white insides at wally world and drilled a hole to make a shade/reflector. Get creative!

1_10_7.jpg

Awesome! Thanks guys! I'm gonna brainstorm for these last few days till the seeds get here. They're in Chicago as of last night so shouldn't be much longer, at least they've made it to the states lol.

I'll figure something out to make sure the light is reflected at the plants and not wasted.

I'm sure this will become a fun hobby. I'll eventually upgrade I'm sure. :)

Back
Top Bottom