Are these a record amount of bananas?

UkyoKatayama

420 Member
This is my first indoor grow and one of my 3 bagseed plants Hermed out on me.

now The pollen sac stuff is easy to spot for me as it is super obvious. I’m in day 50 of flowering and these banana like growth has been prevalent in the buds. Now as far as I recall bananas are not this numerous.

has this turned into a banana machine that is completely unsmokable? Should I abort this gurl?

thanks a million for the help and input you guys provide.

27FF4078-9CC1-4F0B-82E6-69B1B2A9D66B.jpeg

960B3692-2272-4242-A6C0-491310EE323B.jpeg

5EA920A3-F7E1-4CFC-B435-989B61DCAE23.jpeg

929A3FBF-B0D6-4389-A642-7D12744A0EEA.jpeg

DE1FC48D-8E06-489E-BDFC-09F9B68C3B82.jpeg

That is quite an amount of bananas. The question of whether it is unsmokeable is hard to answer. If you currently don't have any stash to fall back on, then it looks like it'll still give you a useful buzz and on that basis it may be a shame to throw it out. But if you have plenty in store then, yeah, just biff it I suppose, but I know what it's like to be short of bud so looking at your plant, regardless of the bananas it looks like there are plenty of nice sticky trichomes and in the coming days there'll be more.
I have pollinated stems of plants to make seeds, and after picking out the seeds, I have still found the bud perfectly smokeable. All the best!
:ganjamon:

thank you, stunger&nuttyprofessor

I do not have any stash & already have had my stages of grief re:the seeds ; so from what I understand this plant can be used to make edibles or capsules. I’ll let the gurl live until harvest time.

with this many bananas, will the bud have a regular shape and swell up, or will it have these freaky nanners stingin out all around when I harvest it too?

no idea, but looking ok at the moment so I expect it to increase yet further before harvest, altho I wouldn't think it would be full on fat buds, just something to salvage.

Welcome to the 420 forums @UkyoKatayama ! :)

That's a lot of nanners... I had nanners on an AK420 auto, but not nearly as much as the OP. In the end I harvested the plant and it gave me good smokeable buds.

I had an Acapulco Gold go totally stupid with them once, had a crap load of seeds but was still smokeable (gave up on maturing her all the way as at 12 weeks still wasn't done and moved on to the next round of plants):

Odd thing was she pollinated the heck out of herself but I didn't find any seeds on plants on either side of her (it's the middle one in pic)

Thank you all guys. You are a very welcoming community.

I’ll definitely wait for the harvest time then. Oh and also weirdly only the top 4-5 buds look like this, the lower ones have no bananas whatsoever, they only had pollen sacs as separate flowers; and I ripped those balls off.
One last question, can I use the fan leaves & the stems to make caps/butter, or should I stick to suger leaves $ the buds?

thank you all, hope it all turns out useable. I’ll post more pics in a couple of weeks.

I don't know why there's a lot of people who believe that seeded weed is no good... That's what we smoked in the 70's and 80's all the time unless you had connections to get sinsemilla. Just remove and do what you do.... smoke it, cook with it. make butter, make oil. Plant the seeds get some new girls out of them and try over to get some sinsemilla. Oh one more thought, take your she/he plant to maturity (away from the other girls) and dry and cure her/him like normal and enjoy your harvest. No use getting bummed use it as a learning experience, look back at your grow and determine what you could have done that caused your girl to believe she would be better as a boy and Don't do that in your future grows. Stay frosty

I don't know why there's a lot of people who believe that seeded weed is no good... That's what we smoked in the 70's and 80's all the time unless you had connections to get sinsemilla. Just remove and do what you do.... smoke it, cook with it. make butter, make oil. Plant the seeds get some new girls out of them and try over to get some sinsemilla. Oh one more thought, take your she/he plant to maturity (away from the other girls) and dry and cure her/him like normal and enjoy your harvest. No use getting bummed use it as a learning experience, look back at your grow and determine what you could have done that caused your girl to believe she would be better as a boy and Don't do that in your future grows. Stay frosty
Its got lower THC... back in the day all we cared about was actually having weed. Seeds or not...
The nanners are going to have an effect on flavor and high both in a negative way.
When plants get pollinated they shift energy into making seed not flowers. So the quality overall is diminished.

Back
Top Bottom