Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Hey snid, I planted an auto white widow seed 4 days ago, it just surfaced yesterday and got its first food leaves today. This is only my second grow being done indoors. My question is should I move my light closer to the seedling or is it normal to be this height after just surfacing yesterday?
It looks to be stretching to me but I'm not sure if it's just the way this type of strain grows. There's a pic below the ruler is in mm, the stem is just under an inch/2cm.
420-magazine-mobile2117189945.jpg

Hey snid, I planted an auto white widow seed 4 days ago, it just surfaced yesterday and got its first food leaves today. This is only my second grow being done indoors. My question is should I move my light closer to the seedling or is it normal to be this height after just surfacing yesterday?
It looks to be stretching to me but I'm not sure if it's just the way this type of strain grows. There's a pic below the ruler is in mm, the stem is just under an inch/2cm.

Your seedling looks great to me. A tad on the short side, but I prefer shorter than longer. I think your light is just about right.

Time for me to Ask a question too. Today i will Setup my First DWC system and i will use two 19l Oxypots and start from Clones. Strain is Cream Caramel (90/10 indica/sativa). Nutes will be Hesi lineup. How much ist the recommended EC for beginning from Clones?
I keep my EC below 0.60 for clones.

420-magazine-mobile1402629392.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1356552529.jpg

Cherry ak after first week of flower
420-magazine-mobile681837227.jpg

This is my other plant that's an unknown strain
420-magazine-mobile1490706056.jpg

What is the gender? And does it look like a bud is forming ?
420-magazine-mobile634352550.jpg
420-magazine-mobile249848557.jpg
Nice looking plants.
What are you breeding HIM to?

Your welcome brother . we want to know dry weights for our Payment

Well Friends, looks like the final numbers are in! I jarred up the rest of it today. Ended up using all 12 of my quart mason jars! I must say I did not expect to harvest this much my first time around. I am delightfully surprised! So, without further adieu, the numbers...

Legz - Final Dry Weight - 152 grams - 5.4 ounces

The Freak - Final Dry Weight - 125 grams - 4.4 ounces

Total Harvest weight - 280 grams - 10 ounces

(added in three grams of popcorn, conservative guess)

Thanks again for all your help everyone! It takes a community to raise these ladies correctly and I think I found the right one!

Well Friends, looks like the final numbers are in! I jarred up the rest of it today. Ended up using all 12 of my quart mason jars! I must say I did not expect to harvest this much my first time around. I am delightfully surprised! So, without further adieu, the numbers...

Legz - Final Dry Weight - 152 grams - 5.4 ounces

The Freak - Final Dry Weight - 125 grams - 4.4 ounces

Total Harvest weight - 280 grams - 9.8 ounces

(added in three grams of popcorn, conservative guess)

Thanks again for all your help everyone! It takes a community to raise these ladies correctly and I think I found the right one!

Oh shit brother . there some nice figures you pulled in il be happy with half of that lol

Good say all

I need some advice once again ...My girls are on day 15 of flower and going good. Normally i check on them daily and adjust my cfl's and tubes but due to work i could not check in on them for two days and one stretched so much it grew into the floro tubes and burned two main stems at the top

So the question from a first time grower is what would be the best way to proceed with her

Option 1 ... just let her grow out of it

Option 2 ...To top her right below the damage

Option 3 ... any advice ? lol

here are a pic of the damage

420-magazine-mobile101340561.jpg

she is overall a big girl with lots of buds so i am not to worried

420-magazine-mobile810457713.jpg

Thanks so much for any advice .... peace for Africa . ?

Good say all

I need some advice once again ...My girls are on day 15 of flower and going good. Normally i check on them daily and adjust my cfl's and tubes but due to work i could not check in on them for two days and one stretched so much it grew into the floro tubes and burned two main stems at the top

So the question from a first time grower is what would be the best way to proceed with her

Just leave it alone, you can almost consider the damage at this point as if it were topped. It will concentrate on building up the buds below while it heals. .

Good say all

Leave it. It will be just fine

Leave it. It will be just fine
Thanks man was just ondering if there was anything i should do but looking at her now she is doing great for day 1

Crazy thing she has some of the longest pistels i have seen and i have been trolling this site for a while now some even long compared to a fan leaf ... unkown strain but seems to be gòod genetics here in africa .

420-magazine-mobile1365587178.jpg

Thanks man was just ondering if there was anything i should do but looking at her now she is doing great for day 1

Crazy thing she has some of the longest pistels i have seen and i have been trolling this site for a while now some even long compared to a fan leaf ... unkown strain but seems to be gòod genetics here in africa .

420-magazine-mobile1365587178.jpg
ment to say day 15

I topped The Biggest Plants , Because The Bubblicious Which Is The Smallest One In The Big Pot Has Been Growing Slowly So Its Only On Its 3rd Node Still Waiting To See The 4th But Yes In Topping All Of Them
I am also growing some random seeds just FIM 4 of them also have 2 slower growers i will do once at the 4th the others they are just filling back up now .Your look grea .

Anyone know how to prevent plants from going hermie? Topic?
Keep it healthy throughout it's life. Pretty much all you need to do. Stay away from most bag seeds. They usually carry hermi traits because they were most likely made because the plant got stressed out and pollinated itself.

Back
Top Bottom