Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Your room stats are good, more so for veg (18/6). Foliar feeding is supplementing nutes into the leaves using a spray. It is very unwise to treat problems that don't yet exist. First verify that you see something, and if unsure what, do nothing outside of your routine and research the problem. Especially in a soil grow, you have more time to become better informed, so you're good there. I would discontinue using linseed oil until I was able to verify any possible side effects.

Have you checked out 420's "How To" section? There's a bunch of info in the "Nutrient Deficiencies & Sick Plant Symptoms" section that can help you better diagnose the most likely reason your plant is behaving the way it is. Sometimes, it's not as simple of a problem as over feeding, and there are a few other variables to consider. You being the one that is providing the light, water and general growing environment have first hand knowledge of all of these other variables. So when reading through, you can rule out some deficiencies or toxicities and gradually narrow your list down to likely candidates. Also get in the practice of using Google or other search engines. There's a lot of gardeners out there that have had and documented their problems.

When I get some spare time, I'll try to get you some viable info and try to help thin your list of possible solutions, but in the meantime, please do your diligence and continue posting questions and doing web searches for your answer(s).

noted! thanks for your time!.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So it seems as though growth has come to a screeching halt. Their husks were still on 3 days above so i peeled them off with no prob. I also switched it to veg only and put my exhaust on a timer, 35 mins on 25 mins off 24/7. Temps and RH is much more manageable. I'd suggest anybody who exhausts to at least give it a try. It was on 24/7 before but now cumulatively its only running 14 hrs a day and I'm getting better results.

GC1
420-magazine-mobile344725548.jpg

GC2
420-magazine-mobile1195676194.jpg

Also, I noticed little tiny white creepy crawlies on the outer edges of my pots and on the top layer of soil. Not an infestation or anything but they are there. I got the scope out and got a 60x better view but the little buggers move and don't stop so I'm having trouble getting a still photo. Anywho they dont appear to be spider mites which was my first thinking. ANY IDEAS GUYS???!

I have some neem. Anybody have tips on neem usage?
420-magazine-mobile925621778.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App[/QUOTE]

So it seems as though growth has come to a screeching halt. Their husks were still on 3 days above so i peeled them off with no prob. I also switched it to veg only and put my exhaust on a timer, 35 mins on 25 mins off 24/7. Temps and RH is much more manageable. I'd suggest anybody who exhausts to at least give it a try. It was on 24/7 before but now cumulatively its only running 14 hrs a day and I'm getting better results.

GC1
420-magazine-mobile344725548.jpg

GC2
420-magazine-mobile1195676194.jpg

Also, I noticed little tiny white creepy crawlies on the outer edges of my pots and on the top layer of soil. Not an infestation or anything but they are there. I got the scope out and got a 60x better view but the little buggers move and don't stop so I'm having trouble getting a still photo. Anywho they dont appear to be spider mites which was my first thinking. ANY IDEAS GUYS???!

I have some neem. Anybody have tips on neem usage?
420-magazine-mobile925621778.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App[/QUOTE]

Hard to take a guess, but you said they were white? Maybe thrips, fungus gnats can look kind of white too, and then there's "whiteflies" but I don't know anything about those...

Neem is good but it's not a contact killer. The plant has to get the neem in its system and then the bugs must ingest the plant. It does work as a fungicide though so things like fungus gnats won't like it. Most directions for neem involve spraying but I would recommend feeding as a root drench instead. A couple of reasons... None very scientific.

1. If you have bugs on your plant, and you spray them, they're going to go "What's up with this?" and lay eggs like crazy ( mites in particular ) and maybe even jump ship from that plant to somewhere else. So instead of ingesting the poison they just get out of Dodge
2. If you have bugs in the soil, then spraying the plant isn't really going to treat the bugs that are living on the soil and not the plant.
3. Though there's very sparse data available on this, neem also helps some of the beneficial bacteria in your soils by killing off fungus that's competing for life.
4. You can continue to use in flower without spraying your buds

Last but most importantly, if you use it as a spray or a drench, you need to mix neem up with some kind of "emulsifier". I recommend a 100% cold pressed neem oil like Einstein Oil or Dyna-Grow. Mix it 3 tsp neem to 1 tsp soap ( not anti-bacterial ) before putting it into a gallon, it will make a milky white/yellow looking oil. Be sure to warm the neem up by running the bottle under a faucet hot water prior to mixing.

I've used this mix last couple of cycles and have been very happy with the pest defense.

This is from Advanced Nutrients concerning their PH Perfect base nutes:

The pH Perfect base nutrient has some specific ingredients( chelates, surfactants, amino acids as well as buffers) that increase the pH spectrum to continue the plants ability to absorb nutrients between 4.0 and 8.0 pH without the concern of having to re-adjust the pH so many times, like you would have to with a simple salt formula. You should use a water supply Tap water )providing the ppm value is no more than 150 ppm otherwise you may want to consider using RO water ( which normally has a 0 ppm level.) As far as adjusting pH it is not necessary, the additives will do the work for you. If you have any other questions or concerns please call our Growers Support line at 800-640-9605 as we will be happy to help in any way possible.

Regards

Growers Support

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Thanks penny, I will look into AN.

Good people inspire you to do great things. :Namaste:

I should have probably added soil, the growing medium.

Good people inspire you to do great things. :Namaste:

I'm using an ph perfect grow/micro/bloom and all I do is ph my spring or aired tap water to 6ish (ph up/down kit) and add 4ml to a gallon of ph'd water. Shake, pour in cute little plastic long stem watering can, (easier to NOT get on leaves....don't forget to tell her that part..wink wink.) Water around the outer edge of the soil.
I'm using ffof, & ff strawberry fields mixed 60/40 with perlite. (Helps noobs like me with overwatering..:thumb:) I'm using 3 & 5 g smart pots, & I water till bout 20-25% runoff). If she feels froggy, she can test the ph of runoff with her handy dandy ph up down kit. Seems to be working well so far. Now if I could only figure out natural catapillar repellent safe for flowering stage. Help!!!! Anyone!!

This is from Advanced Nutrients concerning their PH Perfect base nutes:

The pH Perfect base nutrient has some specific ingredients( chelates, surfactants, amino acids as well as buffers) that increase the pH spectrum to continue the plants ability to absorb nutrients between 4.0 and 8.0 pH without the concern of having to re-adjust the pH so many times, like you would have to with a simple salt formula. You should use a water supply Tap water )providing the ppm value is no more than 150 ppm otherwise you may want to consider using RO water ( which normally has a 0 ppm level.) As far as adjusting pH it is not necessary, the additives will do the work for you. If you have any other questions or concerns please call our Growers Support line at 800-640-9605 as we will be happy to help in any way possible.

Regards

Growers Support

Just read this post. Well I guess even easier....scratch the ph'ing thing. :thumb:

Penny on point as usual!

BF posted that phing AN nutes wasnt necessary so i shot them an email and sure enough that was their response.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine

If this is still active I have a question that's been bugging me for a couple days now....can I use liquid nitrogen to fert. My plant? I have a small amount that was given to me by a friend that farms for a living I was thinking about putting maybe a Ml in about 20 oz of water and apply every 3 or fourth watering. Please help lol

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

If this is still active I have a question that's been bugging me for a couple days now....can I use liquid nitrogen to fert. My plant? I have a small amount that was given to me by a friend that farms for a living I was thinking about putting maybe a Ml in about 20 oz of water and apply every 3 or fourth watering. Please help lol
I agree with pennywise. unless you see a tell tale N def, no point. Keep it though for future if you ever get an N def.

Hi. I have two plants that are on 12/12 for last 6 weeks. I noticed 2 days ago one plant was clawing crazy. The other plant is fine. Thriving. Same size plants. Same watering and nutes. What is the problem with plant on the left? I am 1st time grower. The 1st 3 pics are my cindy99 The last pic is my cbd zen.
420-magazine-mobile1931348657.jpg
420-magazine-mobile450502449.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1741227273.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1246824113.jpg

Back
Top Bottom