Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

Hello all

well I just couldn't help myself...I had to have a taste of Patty....So I took a nug from the inner part and did my first ever bud trim.....How did I do.....Did I do a good enough job or should I have trimmed some more??????

20170213_222701.jpg
20170213_222651.jpg
20170213_222606.jpg
20170213_222557.jpg

Thanks all :circle-of-love:
Thats a perfect job looks like my medicinal when its sent to me all trimmed.

You want to leave the little leaves you see now on as they have resin on them and once grinded up ummm yummy.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

You trimmed her perfect Bckush great job

I just want to make sure before I harvest her in the next week or so.....been watching some youtube videos on how to harvest and trim.
And thought I should try before I do the whole plant :thumb:

Now it just needs to dry....

I choosed AN line of products since the videos I used to study had their nutrients and I must say ANs customer support is fantastic and I prefer sticking to the same brand for point of reference. I doubled my yield from the first where I only used Grow Micro Bloom as base with voodoo juice for roots and in the second I added up to their 'expert' level. I did however get nitrogen toxicity in flower phase on both occasions which is something I have addressed with them yesterday. I don't know if the sensi a+b combo for flower is having less nitrogen than the G.M.B base. Awaiting their reply :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I believe you are correct on the nitrogen being lower then the 3 part series. But lots of people I know git the cal mag plus and it gives you more nitrogen. 4-0-0 so you might have benefitted with getting it where me on the other hand added too much to the mix dammit lol

It wasn't the best choice of nug.....just a little something down low and inside...I can't wait to trim a big fat cola :thumb:

:circle-of-love:
Yeah ur about a week or so away from harvest as trichs are still straight up and not curled.

Dry that nug do a fast dry in a microwave and smoke her up.. but probably get ya a little high insted of a week from now and dry properly and cure proper.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Here's a quick info dump...

Pot size
: for auto flowering strains it's important to start them in the pots they'll finish in. They should be 3-5 gallon pots max, anything more and your wasting space in your grow area. The roots will not likely be able to fill a pot more than 5 gallons in its lifetime. From my experiences I am confident in using 3 gallon/ 12 litre pots. These are you average size pots that you can find at any gardening shop. It's also important to drill many more holes for drainage, this is essential for all cannabis plants. It allows air into the soil/soiless mix aswell as give adequate drainage as to not overwater and drown your roots.

Lighting : for most growers a 24h lights on is not recommended. Even autoflower strains are in need of a rest period, this is when they stretch and develop their roots. Although some will swear that 24h is best, I have not observed this in my own experiences, Nor that of my protégés. I use 19/5 just to be different, since the consensus is 20/4 or 18/6 for auto grows. Full spectrum is always best, if your using cfls (which autos do great under) they should be of mixed spectrum. Using more cool white, 6500k, bulbs during veg and more sift white, 2700k, bulbs in flower. Usually a 2:1 ratio is good to have a good blend of light spectrum. Using LEDs is even better, and mh/hps even more so. Although with the mh/hps your not varying the spectrum like you could with the other methods. But results speak for themselves..

Nutrients : you will be using the same basic principles for autos as you would for photoperiods. The only difference is that you need to amend the schedule to reflect the growth you are witnessing. Autos have 5 phases of growth. Seedlings phase, this is when they're most vulnerable. Only minor nutrient solutions sound he applied if any. They've got enough internal energies to sustain themselves for their first week at least. Vegetation phase is next, this is when you'll be starting nutes like any other cannabis plant. Small doses at first and then ramping up to full feed schedule amounts in the weeks to come. This should be continued until pistils appear. At which point you may change over to bloom nutes right away to initiate flowering sooner or you can wait (like I do) until the Stretch is over and then commence your bloom nutes. Then it's full on flower phase, treat them just like a photoperiod plant and wait for the trichomes to start turning amber. Now that you've found some amber, we're in late flower and it's time to flush out all those nutes we've been putting in. Using a clearing solution will help eliminate those nutes from the media.

Training : I've had lots of experience with training autos, it starts early and goes until vertical growth has stopped. Most people will start with a o'natural grow to get their feet wet in this endeavour. It is recommended however, that you train them to increase potential yield. Topping is a great way to increase the amounts of Colas the plant will have. It's very important to know how your particular strain will handle the stresses inflicted on them. I like to top them at the 14-20 day mark. Giving you 2-4 weeks to train them depending on the strains attributes. Low stress training is probably the easiest way to increase yield. Just be sure to keep things levelled for the best results, evenly sized buds and a flat canopy to use the light most efficiently.

I'm sure I'll think of more stuff to add, but this a start to a thread for folks to learn all about autoflowering cannabis.

KiG everyone :green_heart:cheers
Is it always that same cycle 1 week seedling .. 2nd week vege someone said to wait to start fimming or topping once you get pass second. Set of branches coming from seed. . I have nyc diesel autos.auto s from crop king I'm about to start first true grow. But I called crop king they told me not to put in 3 gallon plant start in jiffy cup them trampling and said to use straight organic soil. Nothing else. Then I heard someone said you shouldn't be mixing soils. In same grow. Haha. Beautiful picture .. sighs and dreams to have crowns that big.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Here's a quick info dump...

Pot size
: for auto flowering strains it's important to start them in the pots they'll finish in. They should be 3-5 gallon pots max, anything more and your wasting space in your grow area. The roots will not likely be able to fill a pot more than 5 gallons in its lifetime. From my experiences I am confident in using 3 gallon/ 12 litre pots. These are you average size pots that you can find at any gardening shop. It's also important to drill many more holes for drainage, this is essential for all cannabis plants. It allows air into the soil/soiless mix aswell as give adequate drainage as to not overwater and drown your roots.

Lighting : for most growers a 24h lights on is not recommended. Even autoflower strains are in need of a rest period, this is when they stretch and develop their roots. Although some will swear that 24h is best, I have not observed this in my own experiences, Nor that of my protégés. I use 19/5 just to be different, since the consensus is 20/4 or 18/6 for auto grows. Full spectrum is always best, if your using cfls (which autos do great under) they should be of mixed spectrum. Using more cool white, 6500k, bulbs during veg and more sift white, 2700k, bulbs in flower. Usually a 2:1 ratio is good to have a good blend of light spectrum. Using LEDs is even better, and mh/hps even more so. Although with the mh/hps your not varying the spectrum like you could with the other methods. But results speak for themselves..

Nutrients : you will be using the same basic principles for autos as you would for photoperiods. The only difference is that you need to amend the schedule to reflect the growth you are witnessing. Autos have 5 phases of growth. Seedlings phase, this is when they're most vulnerable. Only minor nutrient solutions sound he applied if any. They've got enough internal energies to sustain themselves for their first week at least. Vegetation phase is next, this is when you'll be starting nutes like any other cannabis plant. Small doses at first and then ramping up to full feed schedule amounts in the weeks to come. This should be continued until pistils appear. At which point you may change over to bloom nutes right away to initiate flowering sooner or you can wait (like I do) until the Stretch is over and then commence your bloom nutes. Then it's full on flower phase, treat them just like a photoperiod plant and wait for the trichomes to start turning amber. Now that you've found some amber, we're in late flower and it's time to flush out all those nutes we've been putting in. Using a clearing solution will help eliminate those nutes from the media.

Training : I've had lots of experience with training autos, it starts early and goes until vertical growth has stopped. Most people will start with a o'natural grow to get their feet wet in this endeavour. It is recommended however, that you train them to increase potential yield. Topping is a great way to increase the amounts of Colas the plant will have. It's very important to know how your particular strain will handle the stresses inflicted on them. I like to top them at the 14-20 day mark. Giving you 2-4 weeks to train them depending on the strains attributes. Low stress training is probably the easiest way to increase yield. Just be sure to keep things levelled for the best results, evenly sized buds and a flat canopy to use the light most efficiently.

I'm sure I'll think of more stuff to add, but this a start to a thread for folks to learn all about autoflowering cannabis.

KiG everyone :green_heart:cheers
420-magazine-mobile1816734512.jpg

Ok so I'm in need of advice!!!! I started 2 Super Skunk Autos one of them 20 days ago the other 13 now like moron I fed them 1/2 strength neuts way too early and now they are growing at a snails pace!!! I have flushed the soil a couple times now and no luck any suggestions would be appreciated !!!! Live-Love-Learn

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ok so I'm in need of advice!!!! I started 2 Super Skunk Autos one of them 20 days ago the other 13 now like moron I fed them 1/2 strength neuts way too early and now they are growing at a snails pace!!! I have flushed the soil a couple times now and no luck any suggestions would be appreciated !!!! Live-Love-Learn

I'm no pro but sounds like root issues or development.

I'm not a pro, but hopefully I'm welcome to tag along. Good luck !

Yes please in a week or so.

Should I transplant into fresh soil

No if anything flush with distilled water or ph adjusted water what you giving for nutes and picture and what week it's on would be nice .

I'm no pro but sounds like root issues or development.

You can transplant them since it's at young stage still however you need to e super careful. And yes into fresh organic soil. If you think that it's over kill of nutes . Everything I say is just my opinion I'm not a pro. Use your own choices and always get a sense on or third opinion. As I would probably do that if I was in your situation. Or start over. Auto s don't need nutes fir at least three weeks.

420-magazine-mobile1640801925.jpg

Ok I also fried it with my HID lights but now there is some weird black dots on the leaves there has been little to no progress in 8 days. I transplanted it just now with fresh organic soil .
It's a Vision seeds Super Skunk Auto Fem should practically grow itself without any neuts but somehow I managed to destroy the whole idiot proof grow!!!plz help I have 2 the other sprouted 8 farts after the first one and it's a shrimp only has 3 sets of leaves counting round first set the the single first true leaf then 1 set of 3 finger leaves but haven't growin at all in 8 days!!!! I am at a loss!!!!! Considering they are autos I have like 45 days left on one of the plants and I will be lucky to get a bowl off of it lol !! It's sad! I was so excited to grow my first Autos!!!!

After stumbling across Snidrajsed's articles on topping and training I applied these techniques to two of my White Widow autos just this morning. Fingers crossed but not holding my breath. It's all an adventure!

IMG_96707.JPG
IMG_96696.JPG

Wht are those wht hooks called that are holding pant down

Magazines Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1640801925.jpg

Ok I also fried it with my HID lights but now there is some weird black dots on the leaves there has been little to no progress in 8 days. I transplanted it just now with fresh organic soil .
It's a Vision seeds Super Skunk Auto Fem should practically grow itself without any neuts but somehow I managed to destroy the whole idiot proof grow!!!plz help I have 2 the other sprouted 8 farts after the first one and it's a shrimp only has 3 sets of leaves counting round first set the the single first true leaf then 1 set of 3 finger leaves but haven't growin at all in 8 days!!!! I am at a loss!!!!! Considering they are autos I have like 45 days left on one of the plants and I will be lucky to get a bowl off of it lol !! It's sad! I was so excited to grow my first Autos!!!!

Whats your ph running at? Looks like calcium and maybe potassium are locked out or theres not enough.

StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016
New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?
Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread

Back
Top Bottom