Autoflower Gelato Grow

Well over 3 weeks and so far I've only given her about one litre (4 cups) of water. She definitely doesn't seem to need more than that.

I'm waiting on my White Widow to finish so I can move the Gelato into my grow box and under some heavier light wattage. My WW is nearing 13 weeks; I wish I could let her go to 14 weeks but the smell in the house is getting to be more than I want to risk so the WW has got to come down this weekend.

In the white bucket my Gelato is only getting about 35 watts total. I know that's not enough and I know her growing environement right now is not ideal. Since she's growing inside the confines of the bucket, I think she's adapting to her environment by pushing out the top fan leaves to capture all of the light. The effect of that, as this last photo shows seems to be to reduce the size and growth of the lower branches due to the nearness of the bucket walls; they can't really expand anyway but up. Since it's an auto I expect this to limit her overall size once she gets into the proper grow box. Can still see the light stress in this photo.
20200519_153222.jpg

She's now settled in to her newly vacated grow box at 4 weeks old. The plant looks to be enjoying her new freedom to grow now that she's outside of the confines of the bucket she's been living in for the past 4 weeks. And now she's got about 200 watts of CFL all to herself.

This is my first Gelato auto and I don't know how much her past life as a bucket plant will affect her potential growth and production. Right now she short and well-filled out with a fairly large set of fan leaves. She's been putting in steady growth already in the grow box. So she may just go on to grow all the buds she can now. Still a really nice looking plant and I hope to keep it that way. So far she hasn't taken much water at all although I put her into a very soaked pot when I planted the seed.
20200524_111248.jpg

She's got about another month in her grow box under CFL's and then she'll go on a multi-day journey until she arrives finally in a place where she'll live out her last few weeks in the full sunlight of country garden :)

20200530_144434.jpg
20200530_144127.jpg

Here she is at 5 weeks. She started to stretch as soon as I put her into the grow box. Already have some white pistils springing up here and there. Roughly 2 more months to go. :) I'm really looking forward to trying this new auto.

No difference (so far) in growing this Gel-Auto than the other autos I've grown. I just harvested a White Widow auto that gave me some trouble along the way but rewardedme with over 3 ounces dried. If my Gelato does as well that'll be just fine.

Attachments

• 20200530_144410.jpg
    20200530_144410.jpg
    630.7 KB · Views: 32
Six weeks old today. I'm seeing some issues but nothing serious. Given the way I grow some problems are bound to appear. I'm very much focused on getting an ounce plus from my grows and I don't tend to do much for my plants in terms of tweaking the variables to produce more flower.
20200606_122557.jpg
My main issue is stealth, so speed of harvest and control of odour is #1. Even so, my White Widow put out well over 3 ounces under the same conditions. So let's see what this Gelato can do.

She's starting to show a bit more of her Sativa DNA with branching and leaf structure; I'm more used to the bushy Xmas tree fullness of WW. She also doesn't seem to have as many bud sites yet compared to my WW. Maybe she'll fill out.
20200606_122629.jpg

Just like my WW the top fan leaves are showing that they do not like the heat and humidity levels at the top of my grow box. Same droopiness happened with my WW as well. Those leaves won't recover either.

Gelato-Auto is 7 weeks old now. She still looks kinda sativa to me with her skinny leaves. In about 8 years of growing I never did grow a sativa. Anyway, she's filling out and I'm happy to see has plenty of buds coming in. I figure she's got another 6-7 weeks.
20200616_124646.jpg
20200616_124615.jpg

One more photo for today---just wanted to show how curled and skinny my top leaves are. Like I said before the same thing happened with my WW. I believe this issue is caused by
20200616_124713.jpg
low humidity and too much dry heat at the top of my grow box. I fertilize with ordinary plant fertilizer 20-20-20 so I suppose there could be some issues with nutrients. I also have no fans going at all. At any rate, the curling of those top fan leaves didn't seem to hinder production on my WW so I'm hoping the Gel-Auto will do well also.

Well, at the end of week 10 the Gelato Auto has been cut and hung to dry. I have to say that she was a fast finisher--9 weeks and she was ready to cut. That's very different from my usual grows that take 13-14 weeks.

So the speed of growth and finishing is a definite advantage for stealth growers. The smell also was much less potent than say White Widow. She did not grow quite as big as any other plant I've grown; but to be fair she did spend the first 25 days of her life in a 5-gallon white pail lit up by only 50 or so watts of light. I'd have to grow more to be sure if the CK gel-auto actually is a shorter, smaller plant overall.

Finally, the total harvest I'd say will be at least one ounce to 1 1/2 . Not as much as my 3+ oz White Widow but still satisfactory. I'll be making oil out of her and will be able top report on potency a bit later on. All in all so far I'm happy. :)
20200711_151200 cola.jpg
on deck 20200629_125747.jpg
20200711_151125 harvest.jpg

Gelato Auto Oil Report:

Since I don't inhale weed I make oil which I use by the teaspoon full. I harvested 1.5 ounces dried and saved everything except the very largest fan leaves. So my harvest amounted to the 1.5 oz dried bud and about an ounce or so of sugar leaves, smaller stems and basically anything that was sticky.

My oil is good and strong. 7 grams per 90 ml of olive oil. Decarbed and infused in my Ardent. I prefer strong weed and this did the trick. :) The oil came out quite clear even though I don't strain very well. There 's a flush of slight euphoria/happy feeling for 30 minutes or so. Then it settles into a nice stone with only slight couch lock. Easy to socialize on it and I don't like to socialize much. Last a good 2-3 hours before I take another small hit for lights out. Good strain, good weed. I would definitely grow again especially conisdering how fast it grows.

So will start a new grow in August. Over and Out :)

Thanks Moneyman :) First time growing Gelato for me. I've read that it is quite potent and that's what I'm hoping for.
I tried to grow some auto Gelato from crop king about a month back,but my soil was too hot,lost all of them,but they all germinated, was a Lil upset they didn't throw in any free seeds,bit delivery was fast and on time

Back
Top Bottom