Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

How we gonna do it? I was planning on sending to @InTheShed if he’s still interested in being Judge, Jury and Executioner?
I was thinking what Jon (and your leg) was thinking:
Just weigh it and picture it. Zero the scale first. Post weights. We have no trust issues here.
But if you both want to do a big reveal you could PM me your numbers and I will "certify" and post them!

Always dry first - you need them down to between 58-61% before the bag.

Think of them as cure and stabilise.

i think there are some commercial ones now that are chop and fill if you are 75% max.
not something we would have access to though i think.

But if you both want to do a big reveal you could PM me your numbers and I will "certify" and post them!

well ... it's ok if everyone keeps it pants on only ...

@InTheShed (judge - because he'll be annoyed at my presumptuousness, and yet another journal ❤️ )
From Page One of this journal - umm yeah for various reasons I actually wrote that! but it was the first post!
It'd be fun!

You're US West so we can work around you as last awake and me it'll be late -but that's OK.

Its Wednesday if that makes a difference to your work week, My Judge, Sir!

A scholar...

Nick

EDIT - WTF?! Me and CL become one?!!

End of days.... 😂

From Page One of this journal - umm yeah for various reasons I actually wrote that! but it was the first post!
It'd be fun!
You're US West so we can work around you as last awake and me it'll be late -but that's OK.
Its Wednesday if that makes a difference to your work week, My Judge, Sir!
A scholar...
Nick
Are you thinking of holding on to your final numbers while you wait for Jon's to come in, or more like a post-em-if-you-got-em thing? I was offering the PM escrow account if you were thinking of single day big reveal, but if you aren't waiting you can just throw your final haul here and we'll twiddle our thumbs while we wait for the slow-poke auto guy!

Are you thinking of holding on to your final numbers while you wait for Jon's to come in, or more like a post-em-if-you-got-em thing? I was offering the PM escrow account if you were thinking of single day big reveal, but if you aren't waiting you can just throw your final haul here and we'll twiddle our thumbs while we wait for the slow-poke auto guy!
I PM'd you.

You saw the movie I hope!

Post #1

I feel like the escrow to Shed for the results and a grand reveal is the kind of overblown thing the contest deserves?

It started with a strong look!

Be a silly bit of fun!?

Shed - first, thanks for your willingness to do this. Nick’s the one who is all about the big reveal, but I’ll roll with it. Unfortunately I can’t increase the rate of finish, haven’t learned that trick yet. Heh. However, I can end it quicker. Other than the Apple Fritter, the entire tent is hanging in a week. The AF is practically a month behind, by my estimate. Nobody will even remember this journal in a month. And nobody should necessarily have to wait on one plant. I’m 99.99% certain this contest can be put to bed using just the other plants. That will be more than enough. So how about when I have the weights of all those except the AF, and by then you’ll have Nicks numbers, I’ll PM you those. If I’m correct, it can be over right then. If not, but assuming the AF potentially puts me over the top, we have to wait.

Sound like a plan?

Shed - first, thanks for your willingness to do this. Nick’s the one who is all about the big reveal, but I’ll roll with it. Unfortunately I can’t increase the rate of finish, haven’t learned that trick yet. Heh. However, I can end it quicker. Other than the Apple Fritter, the entire tent is hanging in a week. The AF is practically a month behind, by my estimate. Nobody will even remember this journal in a month. And nobody should necessarily have to wait on one plant. I’m 99.99% certain this contest can be put to bed using just the other plants. That will be more than enough. So how about when I have the weights of all those except the AF, and by then you’ll have Nicks numbers, I’ll PM you those. If I’m correct, it can be over right then. If not, but assuming the AF potentially puts me over the top, we have to wait.

Sound like a plan?
Yeah buddy - just be careful maybe my mystery strain was actually just the 2 BBMR for 373g!

But nah - you won, I'll not concede until you post some numbers to Shed though!

He knows how I post my numbers - a spreadsheet screen shot and really trust ain't an issue, all I'll say is I hate buying small buds when I buy for market research and everything weighed is saleable bud. Popcorn from us can be discounted.

1st May kinda works for me as its a new month and its the normal contest reveal day - but you need some more time no worries - there was no time limit on it - I did think about revegging some to try and get our yields up! I'll get my numbers to Shed (muchos grassyarse!)

Its been a bunch of fun for me for sure,

Learnt a whole bunch of new things along the way.

Now seeing if I really want to drop a ridiculous amount of money on a new weed testing machine - but more importantly how I hide that spend from & Co 😆

Nick

1713990685722.png

Lolz no!

I cannot afford!

Ok so Gemmacert runs $5000 also uses NIR - like mass spectrometer kinda fake, this adds terp testing. Its kind of pseudo testing. AI add ons and reliant on an interent hookup to compare to a database somewhere.

$5,000? for us? yeah too much.

$2,000 yep - I'd do that. But this is the same pseudo but claiming terps as well but its $13,000 then $3,000 p/a thereafter.

And still reliant on a database based of a full spectrometer/chromotography machine than runs $300,000 to buy.

So their database is obviously very small - compared to Gemmacert because they are new.

Such high hopes I had!

Just to add - the presenter "Nate" he points out the second hand price of a full chromo spectro chromotography machine as being as "low as even $40,000"

I suspect the guys making that machine told him they paid $40,000 for a second hand machine. He's a sharp guy. Its his business.

But I met two guys last year ran those full $300,000 machines for the state of California. They take all day to prepare the samples, in vials, the actual test took 15 minutes end of day for say 50+ tests. Some wand thing with an app on your phone?!

nah

They even have Jorge Cevantes plugging it at the end.,

Oh lordy!

From what I could glean from the process, it's visually comparing your weed to a cloud database of their more accurately tested samples and giving you a result that most closely matches something they've seen before. Is that about right?
Yep you understand 100% correctly - which is similar to Gemmacert do - the machines we use.

Gemmcert though - have two other types of tests, also like a full decade of testing results from real machine testing stuff to build their database to cross reference.

These people add in claims of terp testing as well whilst I suspect boasting to the host off camera they only paid $40k not $300k for s budget fire sale priced machine to build their own database

And then ask for 5x the price of Gemmacert!

The host Nate is actively prodding the guy “perhaps you could do over the air updates” like obvious stuff.

Snake oil machine “Purpl” do the same for $1800 I think.

$13,000! Wow.

With that tech and hand waved? No stand?

Sorry impossible with NIR tech.

Actually funny its so bad.

Back
Top Bottom