Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

What is swooping?
CL🍀

IMG_5157.jpeg

Terpenes Question??
(Anyone? Lol.)

I am searching for a new strain I haven’t grown before that is heavy/dominant with limonene. And I’m sure I’ll get bored reading descriptions a plenty. Does anyone have a suggestion or two for a heavy limonene strain that grew well and you really dig?

Any and all suggestions are most welcome and appreciated. Gracias.
Acapulco Gold from @Canuk Seeds is high in limone if I’m not mistaken. It’s a great wake n bake high and it was a pleasure to grow. CL🍀

No pressure from me to keep this place rolling! It's already won GJOTM, Nick's harvested and weighed, and you only have one plant left in the competition (I think). Slowing down is a natural progression. :)
Actually I have four left yet.
Cherry Pie organic (hanging)
Bruce Banner #3 (today maybe)
Skywalker organic (4-5 days or so)
Apple Fritter (a month)

I’m gonna ask Nick if we can announce the winner and end as soon as I’ve given you enough to surpass whatever his total is. Shouldn’t take long, wouldn’t be surprised if that’s already the case truth be told. Don’t tell of course, but I’ll DM you. Pretty sure he won’t care, he’s gone from here now. That’ll make your and my life easier.

Trizkit

Coolest thing I have to overexpose you guys to. Lol. She looks like she’s gonna be a chunky beast. Check her out stacking her stuff and acting all big. :rofl: :rofl: She’s a cocky thing.

IMG_5911.jpeg

IMG_5913.jpeg

IMG_5912.jpeg

Apple Beast
AUTO

OMG.

The mess of wires looks like just that, a mess. It is not. It’s physics at work and using the forces of nature to keep her standing up. The branches are all tied in some way to one another with the main stem as the main anchor. It’s very effective and easy. Just gotta figure out the counters in the forces and who needs to tied to whom. Lol.

And…..OM fricking G.

IMG_5915.jpeg

IMG_5914.jpeg

This is one cola. If I don’t get bud rot it’s gonna be a miracle.

IMG_5916.jpeg

Apple Beast
AUTO

OMG.

The mess of wires looks like just that, a mess. It is not. It’s physics at work and using the forces of nature to keep her standing up. The branches are all tied in some way to one another with the main stem as the main anchor. It’s very effective and easy. Just gotta figure out the counters in the forces and who needs to tied to whom. Lol.

And…..OM fricking G.

IMG_5915.jpeg

IMG_5914.jpeg

IMG_5916.jpeg
Lmao

IMG_5917.jpeg

Hers some maybe useful info on feeding Remo nutes.

I have found that Remo as prescribed is just about perfect in veg. It gets too hot in flower. Especially on the P-K side. It’s way easy to burn the plants following their recipe in flower. Basically you’re beginning at 8ml/gallon of each across the board then working to 10, with a discontinuation if some ingredients at time x. In a nutshell. They are somewhat aware of this I think, because they have told me before that many have this issue and their suggested solution was to stay on the 8ml the whole of flower and don’t go to 10. I have done that and it works on some plants and still burns others depending on strain. This is my general take on them. I have discovered better solutions. And they’re so easy.

Just feed light silly. Lmao. Of course I’m an idiot so it took me several tries to figure this simplistic point out.

Examples from now:
Only my Trizkit and Apple Fritter are relevant here. I’m feeding both way light for Remo. If you’re familiar with the lineup, in this order,
Micro - Bloom - Kelp - MagNifiCal - Astro Flower - Natures Candy, I am feeding the Trizkit
7 - 7 - 7 - 5 - 5 -7. In the same order, the Apple Fritter is getting the same, minus the MagNiFiCal and Astro Flower. They are doing well now after I began burning them. You can see the edges of the Trizkit fans have a small ring of discoloring but I arrested it when I lowered the feed. And the Apple Fritter is at the discontinue Calmag and Astro Flower point so I have. I use the Natures Candy all the way to the end.

This is just my experience. I also have found that it seems to burn photos even easier than autos. So be careful is my unsolicited advice for any Remo users. Once you get them dialed in to the strain and what it likes, they’re excellent nutes. Those guys are just maybe like me. Over feed everything and over light everything. Lmao!!

FWIW.

Topping Autos

If I am gonna train an auto I always top the main as my first order of training business. Until then I do nothing, as is so far the case with this Strawberry Banana Auto.

If you count the nodes, depending on what leaves you start with, she’s almost at the topping point. Counting the 3-finger leaves the current top is node 6 emerging. Not counting the 3s and beginning with the first 5-finger leaves, its node 5 emerging. I count beginning with the first real leaves - the 5-finger ones. So node 5 is emerging and I’m topping above five on this plant. When node six comes out I’ll top her.

This is how I do it with plants I believe will give me longer veg time. This one is usually around 40 days when I’ve grown it before. Shorter veg plants I top a node lower. But the higher you top the more options you have in training.

Waiting and doing nothing until you top the main is also key to a larger auto. It allows the side branching to get longer before you mess with it and the plant in general to be much stronger and well-developed when you begin. This imo leads to better training results. It’s all well and good to begin training way early as many do. But it makes a smaller end product. Just depends on what you want or require.

So there’s two cents on that for anyone who needs it.

IMG_5929.jpeg

IMG_5927.jpeg

Topping Autos

If I am gonna train an auto I always top the main as my first order of training business. Until then I do nothing, as is so far the case with this Strawberry Banana Auto.

If you count the nodes, depending on what leaves you start with, she’s almost at the topping point. Counting the 3-finger leaves the current top is node 6 emerging. Not counting the 3s and beginning with the first 5-finger leaves, its node 5 emerging. I count beginning with the first real leaves - the 5-finger ones. So node 5 is emerging and I’m topping above five on this plant. When node six comes out I’ll top her.

This is how I do it with plants I believe will give me longer veg time. This one is usually around 40 days when I’ve grown it before. Shorter veg plants I top a node lower. But the higher you top the more options you have in training.

Waiting and doing nothing until you top the main is also key to a larger auto. It allows the side branching to get longer before you mess with it and the plant in general to be much stronger and well-developed when you begin. This imo leads to better training results. It’s all well and good to begin training way early as many do. But it makes a smaller end product. Just depends on what you want or require.

So there’s two cents on that for anyone who needs it.

IMG_5929.jpeg

IMG_5927.jpeg
How's this for something. This is the first time I am watching you explain how you do it from the start. Cool, thanks! I've always wanted to know.

Hell, as long as I’m in try to present some useful and/or cool stuff mode, here’s a very cool thing I’ve learned about kief.

The longer you keep it the better it gets. And if you pack a jar fairly tight and leave it for a long time, it will become darker and darker and denser and more hash-like. I call it quarter hash. Or half hash. It becomes chunky and not all dust and it seems to get stronger but I don’t know that to be true.

This is my oldest jar. It’s from a Mandarin Zkittlez I grew outdoors two summers ago. I haven’t opened this jar more than once or twice in two years. It was white when it went in the jar. Check it out now. This is my attempt to display what I was saying in photos but kind of rough with this one. Bit you can pretty much see what I mean. It’s awesomely fun.

IMG_5930.jpeg

How's this for something. This is the first time I am watching you explain how you do it from the start. Cool, thanks! I've always wanted to know.
Geez, thanks @Carmen Ray! If you’re lucky I might even show you something you don’t already know! :rofl:

Apple Beast
AUTO

OMG.

And…..OM fricking G.

IMG_5915.jpeg

IMG_5914.jpeg

IMG_5916.jpeg
That is one beast of a plant

I’m gonna ask Nick if we can announce the winner and end as soon as I’ve given you enough to surpass whatever his total is. Shouldn’t take long, wouldn’t be surprised if that’s already the case truth be told. Don’t tell of course, but I’ll DM you. Pretty sure he won’t care, he’s gone from here now. That’ll make your and my life easier.
Every time you get a weight, give me a running total and I'll let you both know when you go over his number before I post the results here!

Back
Top Bottom